Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Toyota recall number SIX for 2009...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
Are you serious?!

You argue like you're in high school!! Maybe your regressing? Are you going to call me a big poopoo head and go crying to your mom next?

You try to deflect criticism of yourself by projecting your own image onto those who challenge you. This is nothing new, and ONCE AGAIN you are accomplishing nothing more than moving ANOTHER thread towards lockdown.

I'm out. I'll see you in the next thread you decide to destroy.

sniff sniff
Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by MyKeE
this time around however, i believe that people/media are placing to much blame on toyota for this. i think its more of the owners responsibilty IMO. toyota provides hooks to secure your floormat, and the floormat is the correct size/shape. if you can not make sure the floormat is secured on the hooks or you have multiple mats ( i have seen many situations where customers have multiple floormats, towels, even househould carpet) then i feel the responsabilty should be yours not toyota's.

im not saying toyota is the best or better than any other manufacturer, or that they are perfect. im just stating my opion on THIS issue only.
I agree completely. I do think Toyota SHOULD put some emphasis in the future on designing vehicles and floormats so this can't ever be a problem, however this is hardly a big horrible mistake by Toyota. I do however want this stuff to be known since for years American automakers have been towed through the mud over issues just like this, while Toyota, Honda, and Nissan have done worse and managed to stay out of the spotlight...thus creating the very unfortunate image problems that we have now with Domestic vs. import.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree completely. I do think Toyota SHOULD put some emphasis in the future on designing vehicles and floormats so this can't ever be a problem, however this is hardly a big horrible mistake by Toyota. I do however want this stuff to be known since for years American automakers have been towed through the mud over issues just like this, while Toyota, Honda, and Nissan have done worse and managed to stay out of the spotlight...thus creating the very unfortunate image problems that we have now with Domestic vs. import.

You two should meet, ya'll have alot in common...

I thought you were out of this thread Mr. "Image problems that we have now with Domestic vs. Import"
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Teching In

don't say toyotas are made in the usa because they aren't. they are only assembled here. Japanese are also horribly racist people and hate foreigners. I have to go there for business all the time and they regularly refuse service to you if you are not japanese
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I thought you were out of this thread Mr. "Image problems that we have now with Domestic vs. Import"
I didn't say that, I said I was out of the argument with you. Most members of this site have learned to just ignore you. I'm doing the same, at least in this thread.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by salaooyao
don't say toyotas are made in the usa because they aren't. they are only assembled here. Japanese are also horribly racist people and hate foreigners. I have to go there for business all the time and they regularly refuse service to you if you are not japanese

Wrong, I got there for business as well and that is not the case.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Restricted User

Japanese are brought up as protectionists. They have a very strong sense of pride and as such are very very competitive. My experience with urban areas in the southern part of the country is about the same as yours. They are definitely less inclined to service those from outside their country. In fact, in largely populated areas, it goes even further to include those from Japan, but outside of that particular area.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

I just can't believe its their SECOND floor mat recall, how ******* hard is it to make sure this doesn't happen?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Toyota Owners: So stupid and weak even a floor mat can kill them hahaha
Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Wrong, I got there for business as well and that is not the case.
No actually I'm right you are wrong. I can't count the number of times I have been denied entry to places because I was not Japanese. There are also no laws in Japan against racism. Get your facts straight
Old 10-14-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

No actually I'm right you are wrong. I can't count the number of times I have been denied entry to places because I was not Japanese. There are also no laws in Japan against racism. Get your facts straight
With Respect you earn respect...you should learn it and maybe you'll do fine over there...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

With Respect you earn respect...you should learn it and maybe you'll do fine over there...
How do you know I was disrespectful of anyone or anything? When you can't even get in the door of an establish as a well dressed educated individual how do you earn respect? You are saying this to someone you don't even know in a country I doubt you have ever been to. YOU SHOULD LEARN SOME RESPECT. There is no maybe about anything when you are refused entry to places because of your race. The only time I can get in to nice restaraunts or night clubs is with my Japanese business associates presence. Alone I am completely discriminated against. Did you think Jim Crow laws were OK because they were "seperate but equal" when they denied entry to others based on their race? What century do you live in?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Restricted User

How do you know I was disrespectful of anyone or anything? When you can't even get in the door of an establish as a well dressed educated individual how do you earn respect? You are saying this to someone you don't even know in a country I doubt you have ever been to. YOU SHOULD LEARN SOME RESPECT. There is no maybe about anything when you are refused entry to places because of your race. The only time I can get in to nice restaraunts or night clubs is with my Japanese business associates presence. Alone I am completely discriminated against. Did you think Jim Crow laws were OK because they were "seperate but equal" when they denied entry to others based on their race? What century do you live in?
Don't waste your time dude, it's a dead end street.

I HAVE actually been to the country (even dated two girls while there) and I can attest to what you are saying. Nuff said. Point made.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your right, I haven't met you yet the fact that you generalize a culture as
horribly racist people and hate foreigners
leads me to believe you judge a people a little too freely based on your experiences and seem carry that resentment with you. If you said "I've had a terrible time there and do not enjoy the people or the culture" it would not of sounded like such an ignorant statement IMO.

I've been going there 6 times a year for the past 10 years for business, and their culture is an honor based culture that bleeds respect. In my experience if you snub your nose at them or look down upon them you'll be treated as such.

Don't waste your time dude, it's a dead end street.

I HAVE actually been to the country (even dated two girls while there) and I can attest to what you are saying. Nuff said. Point made.
I'm right here sugar cakes...
There's no need keep crying for attention and friends because your still a douche who lies and manipulates facts to support your bigotry.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Your right, I haven't met you yet the fact that you generalize a culture as leads me to believe you judge a people a little too freely based on your experiences and seem carry that resentment with you. If you said "I've had a terrible time there and do not enjoy the people or the culture" it would not of sounded like such an ignorant statement IMO.

I've been going there 6 times a year for the past 10 years for business, and their culture is an honor based culture that bleeds respect. In my experience if you snub your nose at them or look down upon them you'll be treated as such.

There's no need keep crying for attention and friends because your still a douche who lies and manipulates facts to support your bigotry.
I am not generalizing a culture I am stating facts. If they are so honorable why do they put class a war criminals from ww2 in yasakuni shrine and worship them? why do they believe it is ok to tell people what they want to hear and not what the truth? Why do they regularly print racist remarks in their paper about other countries? Why do they refuse to formally apologize for ww2 and compensate the victims? Why do they lie to their children about their history? Why do their elected officials say racist things about other countries? Why do they not allow everyone to go everywhere in their country and treat everyone equally? So now you tell me they are honorable and bleed respect, well you have a very warped sense of honor and respect. And these are not fringe elements, they are elected officials and official policy. So you defend bigots and hate, because the aforementioned things are facts going on today. Maybe you should pull your head out of the sand and look at what goes on there. I am in Yokohama, Toyohashi, Kobe, Nagoya and Shimizu all the time, and see these things all the time.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

You work on RoRo's don't you?
Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Teching In

I did for a while. Now I work container ships. Done several shipyards in Japan too. Also the navy bases. And you?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Military Sea-lift Command and Pre-Po ships. Also spent a couple seasons working at the APL offices in Yokohama and Honk Kong and Singapore.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Restricted User

I manipulate facts? Well at least you're recognizing that I use facts and not just useless bullshit to support my opinions. I guess we are making progress here.

How many people have to realize you're an idiot before you do? Just wondering because if I got called out on bullshit as much as you do, I think i'd be getting the hint by now.

Oh and i'll try to let you down easy here, but i'm not gay. So you can stop winking and blowing kisses at me. Besides I don't think i'm your type anyway.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ummm....when you manipulate something...it loses it's value. Therefore it's no longer a fact.
And I don't lose any sleep at night thinking about how many people on here think I'm an idiot, I've made lots of good relationships/friendships via this forum and could care less about what your opinions on what the rest of the membership group thinks of me "ohh all wise and powerful all-seeing super-member"...

Hint: You have a hard enough time speaking for yourself without sounding like an idiot...try not to speak for other people.

Quick Reply: Toyota recall number SIX for 2009...