Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yahoo didn't call anybody anything. You're all overreacting. All they did was report the finding of an independent study.

So if you want to blame somebody, blame Strategic Vision.
TROLL, Go join a honda site and GTFO. You're post are useless and we're all dumber for seeing what you type.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, nice way to be unprofessional. The survey findings are interesting no doubt, but the way the author twisted it is no different than stereotyping the **** out of something or someone. In my experience I have seen no correlation between a person's intellect and the brand of car they drive. As well, I have seen plenty of "educated" people act like idiots in front of someone who simply graduated high school and went on to bigger and better things. But I've also seen it the other way around. I think there's a leak in their liner, because that **** holds no water.

Man those people picking up Chevrolet Z06s surely aren't savvy or smart, they must of used their parent's money to buy them...
Old 10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really do not care, call me retarded, but all you will see are my tail lights...its a bunch of yuppies from California who think the United States needs to rely on Wind power and going green, I mean they were going to outlaw black colored cars because they were environmental hazards. I hate Yahoo, for the win.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackened2k
eh, so the worst part was probably the last line. But that was nothing more than ending the article on a joke tying in the information at the beginning of the article. Kind of a weak study. I fail to see how there's any direct correlation to what car you drive and how intelligent you are. And I wouldn't consider Yahoo a 'respectable news page'.

Though it is funny how its listed under: Autos > Research > Articles. That's some pretty useless (if at all valid) research.
Word. I loved they way he opened with By the first line of the article I was pisssed.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
Wow, nice way to be unprofessional. The survey findings are interesting no doubt, but the way the author twisted it is no different than stereotyping the **** out of something or someone. In my experience I have seen no correlation between a person's intellect and the brand of car they drive. As well, I have seen plenty of "educated" people act like idiots in front of someone who simply graduated high school and went on to bigger and better things. But I've also seen it the other way around. I think there's a leak in their liner, because that **** holds no water.

Man those people picking up Chevrolet Z06s surely aren't savvy or smart, they must of used their parent's money to buy them...

Eeexactly

+5
Old 10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slingshot928
I really do not care, call me retarded, but all you will see are my tail lights...its a bunch of yuppies from California who think the United States needs to rely on Wind power and going green, I mean they were going to outlaw black colored cars because they were environmental hazards. I hate Yahoo, for the win.
Wind energy is the biggest lie the power industry has ever had to hide. It is the governments fault for subsidizing/pushing this bull **** even though the reports came back that showed wind energy is most available when it is least needed and least available when most needed.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
LOL
Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

I liked that article...it was funny. Don't see why everyone's getting all bent out of shape about it.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My question is why on Earth did someone waste time and money on that study?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank god for Yahoo... Finally Shown me the light! I'm trading in every vehicle I own for a brand new Prius.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

only thing more stupid than the article is how most of you are over reacting to it. If you act stupid about the article doesnt that kinda feed into the BS it was posting.

its know big secret the build quality on our camaro's kinda sucks, the LS1 makes up for alot. The new Chevy, quality is getting better
Old 10-12-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

As the past and future driver of a chevy, i find yahoo users stupid.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PedaltoMetal
^^Says the Honda driver
Yep... I sure do drive a Honda.
Originally Posted by Revo1
You sir, did not read the article. Nothing but opinionated

Besides, Yahoo is responsible for allowing it onto the front page of Yahoo Autos. SV may have penned the survey, but Yahoo wielded it inappropriately.
Actually I read the article the whole way through... while it was opinionated and not too bright, that doesn't change the fact that Yahoo was not the one that did the study.
Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
TROLL, Go join a honda site and GTFO. You're post are useless and we're all dumber for seeing what you type.
I'm actually on a few Honda websites... and several Mustang websites... and a couple LS1 websites. Thanks though .
Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I liked that article...it was funny. Don't see why everyone's getting all bent out of shape about it.
One too many forks in the outlet socket maybe...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Launching!

Actually I read the article the whole way through... while it was opinionated and not too bright, that doesn't change the fact that Yahoo was not the one that did the study.
Yahoo WAS the one that published the article... had to clear their editorial staff before it made the page. And did you see any of the actual numbers from the study? nope. You're left to take the author's obviously biased word for it. Inappropriate, unprofessional, and uncalled for, any way you spin it.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Yahoo auto news is not what I would call "reputable automotive news" Where are these so called study statistics. I am sure that more rednecks do indeed drive chevy's this however should not reflect poorly Chevy's rep, as I have seen far more "thugs" driving beat-to-hell hondas, than rednecks in chevys in my day. Is yahoo trying to say that all the coffee-can-exhaust goons, that proudly wave the puerto-rican flags from the rear view are well-educated. Maybe I have only come in contact with the 30% without a pristine academic background. Who knows?

Great response to that unjust burn!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Revo1
One too many forks in the outlet socket maybe...
Little sensitive are we? If someone makes a rude statement that is far from truthful people tend to ignore it and laugh it off. If someone cracks a joke or makes an assumption that hits a little too close to home people immediately get defensive and riled up. The fact that people are getting their panties in a bunch over a vague generalization kinda makes a point about the ones who are butt-hurt over it.
JMHO though, no need to agree with me!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Little sensitive are we? If someone makes a rude statement that is far from truthful people tend to ignore it and laugh it off. If someone cracks a joke or makes an assumption that hits a little too close to home people immediately get defensive and riled up. The fact that people are getting their panties in a bunch over a vague generalization kinda makes a point about the ones who are butt-hurt over it.
JMHO though, no need to agree with me!
I will say though, based off what I see on the internet... MOST people in the world are pretty stupid anyway.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Restricted User

I will say though, based off what I see on the internet... MOST people in the world are pretty stupid anyway.
The "person" is smart, "people" are stupid. Individuals can think for themselves...it's when they start to believe everything the media says and buy Toyotas and Hondas that they become "people" and your statement becomes entirely accurate.

It's amusing to me how much inadvertent truth a person can speak about themselves when evaluating others. "image projection" is is the term used in the psychology field. Spoolin may see a connection here to one of my earlier statements in another thread (if he was paying attention to begin with).

Quick Reply: Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid