Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
God damn self-fulfilling prophecies the more I think about it the more it becomes true.

Also, see the gratuitous misuses of your/you're/their/they're/etc. in this thread alone. It's contagious! I'm picky when it comes to grammar and spelling, that one just went over my head. No wait, I blame my keyboard.
Damn those Chevy keyboards!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Tru dat homee u no how it iz. If my keebord wusnt so fuked up I kud spell perfict. Kan sumwun tel me wut punctuaton mean!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
The "person" is smart, "people" are stupid. Individuals can think for themselves...it's when they start to believe everything the media says and buy Toyotas and Hondas that they become "people" and your statement becomes entirely accurate.

It's amusing to me how much inadvertent truth a person can speak about themselves when evaluating others. "image projection" is is the term used in the psychology field. Spoolin may see a connection here to one of my earlier statements in another thread (if he was paying attention to begin with).
No, I meant what I said... most individual "people" in the world are pretty dumb. The "average" person is kind of a moron, and half the people are dumber than that. When you group them together it just makes it worse. And yes, buying Hondas and Toyotas makes people stupid
Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Hell, I have one of those Honda key boards. It makes me feel smarter than I am. You should try one!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just another liberal shot at the domestic car market. Coverage of domestic vs. import recalls is just another example.

As a former staff writer of five years, I know you can find a "study" or "statistic" to support anything you want to write. The author's purpose was to say, "Chevy buys are only buying these cars because if they were on the Internet, they'd know better. Oh, yeah, and they're uneducated, too.

"But, if you drive a Mini, you're smart and sophisticated!"

Notice none of the actual data was posted, just the author's opinion on the findings. "While 13% of Chevy owners don't use the Web, by contrast, less than 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. " So, about 10 or 11 percent more Chevy buyers don't use the Internet. What was the average age of these buyers? Think they might be at least 10 percent older? My dad doesn't use the Internet but my mom does, and that's more than the difference in their age right there. You better believe my mom did a ton of research before buying her truck, and she didn't go with the Toyota Tundra either.

The language used in that article was so incredibly opinionated it would have never flown at any of the papers for which I wrote. "Your car implies more about your life than you might think." No editor of mine would have let that ride. No way.

I fully expected to come in here seeing a flat-out lie about the Yahoo article. But, for once, an OP's title was true.

There's a difference between turning into a slavering, crazy idiot after reading a story you don't feel sheds a true and unbiased light on an issue and standing up for what you believe in the face of wrong. And, that article was wrong.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Just another liberal shot at the domestic car market. Coverage of domestic vs. import recalls is just another example.

As a former staff writer of five years, I know you can find a "study" or "statistic" to support anything you want to write. The author's purpose was to say, "Chevy buys are only buying these cars because if they were on the Internet, they'd know better. Oh, yeah, and they're uneducated, too.

Notice none of the actual data was posted, just the author's opinion on the findings. "While 13% of Chevy owners don't use the Web, by contrast, less than 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. " So, about 10 or 11 percent more Chevy buyers don't use the Internet. What was the average age of these buyers? Think they might be at least 10 percent older? My dad doesn't use the Internet but my mom does, and that's more than the difference in their age right there. You better believe my mom did a ton of research before buying her truck, and she didn't go with the Toyota Tundra either.

The language used in that article was so incredibly opinionated it would have never flown at any of the papers for which I wrote. "Your car implies more about your life than you might think." No editor of mine would have let that ride. No way.

I fully expected to come in here seeing a flat-out lie about the Yahoo article. But, for once, an OP's title was true.

There's a difference between turning into a slavering, crazy idiot after reading a story you don't feel sheds a true and unbiased light on an issue and standing up for what you believe in the face of wrong. And, that article was wrong.
Maybe you should forward that two-bit operation your post right here.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Launching!

hmm... 99% of people who own lowriders are mexican 75% of escalade owners are black. Now everyone can say "he drives a pontiac, theres a 70% chance im smarter than he is..) I can sleep good tonight, because I just have to know the guy with the fart can a wing has a 70% chance of having a higher education level than I do... and wouldn't you know it, the guy who drives a porche, has the money to drive a porche... Who knew???????!!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Launching!

I like how they talk about how reliable Honda's are. Too bad they didn't talk about the SBC 350 that laid the ground works and foundations that paved the way for the introduction to the LS motors, which was in production for 30 years (1967-1997).
Old 10-17-2009, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

just a very poor article. The media puts a lot of negative perception on american cars. So we as american car fans just have to deal with it.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sharpe

My thoughts exactly, well said Sharpe.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002 SS HUGG
I like how they talk about how reliable Honda's are. Too bad they didn't talk about the SBC 350 that laid the ground works and foundations that paved the way for the introduction to the LS motors, which was in production for 30 years (1967-1997).
SBC has been around since 1955, not 1967; granted not in the 350 config...but it was still the same basic engine!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98pontiac
hmm... 99% of people who own lowriders are mexican 75% of escalade owners are black. Now everyone can say "he drives a pontiac, theres a 70% chance im smarter than he is..) I can sleep good tonight, because I just have to know the guy with the fart can a wing has a 70% chance of having a higher education level than I do... and wouldn't you know it, the guy who drives a porche, has the money to drive a porche... Who knew???????!!
I laughed so much when reading this.

Here is a odd fact.

I drive an '02 Camaro SS LE Last time I had IQ checked it was 136

My wife drives a '08 Toyota Yaris Last time her IQ was checked it was 120

Maybe we should go be tested again to see if she gained over 17 IQ points just brecause of the car she bought.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

We are the United States of the Offended...I can't believe this thread is 4 pages long. Go drink a beer and quit ruining my life. There's a 100% chance that I'm never reading this thread again.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
We are the United States of the Offended...I can't believe this thread is 4 pages long. Go drink a beer and quit ruining my life. There's a 100% chance that I'm never reading this thread again.
Are you kidding? Who the **** cares if a few people get offended about a ridiculous, somewhat offensive article?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im smart enough to not pay for a honda let alone a gayass mini.
i hate those ******* cars.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Man this is a shame... I have to get rid of my internet service and look for a new job now. I drive a Chevy so I should not be working on radio systems for the emergency services. Damn I liked my job too.... Walmart here I come!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hmfdz28
man this is a shame... I have to get rid of my internet service and look for a new job now. I drive a chevy so i should not be working on radio systems for the emergency services. Damn i liked my job too.... Walmart here i come!!!!
l o l
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM

From a company the size of Yahoo, I'm very surprised at the lack of professionalism shown and I think it's a terrible and insulting article.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't give a **** LESS what someone from yahoo thinks about my car and the kind of cars I like. My car and those like it are for me and folks like me. I am not trying to impress anyone.
Big ******* Deal.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb570
its know big secret the build quality on our camaro's kinda sucks
Are you sure about that?

I've only had four 4th gen F-bodies now, so maybe I'm lacking in experiance, BUT, my '02 Z28 has had less issues in 96,000 miles than my wife's Toyota did in the same distance. These days, even she won't look at anything other than GM cars (well, she does like some Mustangs, too ).

Quick Reply: Yahoo calls Chevy drivers stupid