Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

AMS builds first 9 second R35 GTR:

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakbird24

It's not that i'm surprised, Nissan can't expect to sell alot of these tech-shows, nor can they expect them to remain relevant to produce...history has shown that every single car of this type lasts 3-5 years and then gets discontinued. It's the sacrificial lamb that lends a test-bed to relevant future tech. A necessary entity, but a nightmare in the end for the manufacturer.
The Skyline series has been around for quite a while... I think this one has staying power in the US.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome car, our dealer has sold like 6 or 7, only one owner has done exhaust and lowered it.
So i work in parts at Nissan and you will cry when you have to do brakes.

$1400 for each rotor alone, then each set of pads are like 2XX.00, then the brake fluid is over $100 for the amount needed for the flush. so in parts alone you spend over $6,000 for a brake job.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilZO6
The problem wasnt the trannies themselves, it was launch control. I think it has been addressed and solved
I think it has been resolved as well...and with it eliminating the car's main advantage in getting it's portly 3800+ pounds moving along quickly. That original launch control program is what helped make the difference between a mid-high 11 second car and what is now a high 11 to low 12 second one.
And they still raised the price even more too.

Originally Posted by caMnaro
So i work in parts at Nissan and you will cry when you have to do brakes.
$1400 for each rotor alone, then each set of pads are like 2XX.00, then the brake fluid is over $100 for the amount needed for the flush. so in parts alone you spend over $6,000 for a brake job.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The Skyline series has been around for quite a while... I think this one has staying power in the US.
True, although with those $6k brake jobs I'm not so sure.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I think it has been resolved as well...and with it eliminating the car's main advantage in getting it's portly 3800+ pounds moving along quickly. That original launch control program is what helped make the difference between a mid-high 11 second car and what is now a high 11 to low 12 second one.
And they still raised the price even more too.
Actually the revised launch control is even faster, it reduces the slight wheel hop and wheel spin the origional software allowed and has improved overall acceleration. The fastest stock gtrs are the newer ones which have ran 11.3s bone stock and cut 3.2 0-60s.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Actually the revised launch control is even faster, it reduces the slight wheel hop and wheel spin the origional software allowed and has improved overall acceleration. The fastest stock gtrs are the newer ones which have ran 11.3s bone stock and cut 3.2 0-60s.
That's not what i've been hearing from guys who actually drive the car. Maybe with VDC off, yes. But with the modified VDC software, the time range that LS1LT1 posted is much closer to the norm.

Also, this more restrictive programming has really turned the general driving enthusiast off to this car. Guys who want it for track use are looking elsewhere, relegating the car to Nissan enthusiast icon status (i.e. guys such as you are the only ones worshipping this car now), which is EXACTLY what happened to all the other examples of this kind of car, like I mentioned in my previous post.

Argue all the points you want, this car is headed for the same fate as the 300ZX, SVX, Supra...etc. All overly high-tech cars that are no longer made.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

good old evomike...

Quick Reply: AMS builds first 9 second R35 GTR: