Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2011 stang GT 1/4 mile run

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kain01
No that's for the dyno, this is for the 1/4 mile time. Two different topics.

Sorry I try to stick with magazine racing because 95% of the population can barely get better than the mags with the same equipment. The guy's shaving tenths off have the CAI, the improved tires, etc........ etc........ etc........
Plus these cars ARE actually stock, nobody winking in the background and flashing a big grin saying stock. They are raced on the same track, in the same weather on the same day. It's really as unbiased and as professional as you can get. Whoever wins, wins and whoever loses, loses in these circumstances.

The GT500 with 540 hp got a 12.8 @ 115 in Motor Trend, Car and Driver was comparable with 12.9 @ 113. Wheel spin wheel spin wheel spin. Too much torque for the tires they put on these car's stock. And I'd like to see these show room GT500's hit the 11's when this guy with a tune and steeda intake could only hit a 12.4. Kind of falls more in line with what the mags say.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4665
motortrend also got a 12.4 1/4 when they compared the gt500 to the hennessey camaro. and mm&ff got a 11.95 out of the gt500 stock with stock tires.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...n_results.html
Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Well kain hates Mustangs, so to him it won't matter.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well kain hates Mustangs, so to him it won't matter.
Not at all, I just think it uber retarded for people to come to a Camaro forum and hail Mustang's as the best thing since the invention of the wheel. I love all cars that are TRULY fast, and let's face it the Mustang can still outrun about 90% of the vehicle's that most people will ever see out there. I even commented in another thread that I was excited the Mustang can finally compete again, because they really couldn't in GT trim since the LS1's emergence.

I'm also fully aware of what the layman can do at the track and 80% of the time it's not more than a tenth or two faster than the magazine's go if the car is TRULY stock and all other factor's are equal. So because some pro driver can pull an 11.9 in a GT500 does not mean that every man behind the wheel of the GT500 can pull off an 11.9 without some serious track time to practice. Most will wheelhop their way to a 12.4 or 12.2 (like the guy in the gt500 forum I quoted, did I mention that was quoted from a gt500 forum? Where they just post up the number's they get, and not try to start **** or defend their car's because Camaro owner's aren't uncouth enough to say they car sucks on THEIR website). I've seen it at clay city. Maybe we just have a bunch of car's needing a driver mod here in KY, but that just improves my odds.

At the end of the day as long as I can get under 14 seconds without really trying, I'm ok, and there are a lot of cars to choose from to keep me happy, I just happen to have chosen the LS1 Camaro because the price was right. If I had a Mustang I'd stick to the Mustang forum and defend the Mustang to my last breath. I defend the Camaro because of my location on the web and because most people berating it DON'T OWN ONE.

End of rant. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited by kain01; 04-09-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kain01
Not at all, I just think it uber retarded for people to come to a Camaro forum and hail Mustang's as the best thing since the invention of the wheel. I love all cars that are TRULY fast, and let's face it the Mustang can still outrun about 90% of the vehicle's that most people will ever see out there. I even commented in another thread that I was excited the Mustang can finally compete again, because they really couldn't in GT trim since the LS1's emergence.

I'm also fully aware of what the layman can do at the track and 80% of the time it's not more than a tenth or two faster than the magazine's go if the car is TRULY stock and all other factor's are equal. So because some pro driver can pull an 11.9 in a GT500 does not mean that every man behind the wheel of the GT500 can pull off an 11.9 without some serious track time to practice. Most will wheelhop their way to a 12.4 or 12.2 (like the guy in the gt500 forum I quoted, did I mention that was quoted from a gt500 forum? Where they just post up the number's they get, and not try to start **** or defend their car's because Camaro owner's aren't uncouth enough to say they car sucks on THEIR website). I've seen it at clay city. Maybe we just have a bunch of car's needing a driver mod here in KY, but that just improves my odds.

At the end of the day as long as I can get under 14 seconds without really trying, I'm ok, and there are a lot of cars to choose from to keep me happy, I just happen to have chosen the LS1 Camaro because the price was right. If I had a Mustang I'd stick to the Mustang forum and defend the Mustang to my last breath. I defend the Camaro because of my location on the web and because most people berating it DON'T OWN ONE.

End of rant. Enjoy the rest of your day.
I completely agree with you and see where you're coming from. I am by no means brand loyal and love pretty much anything with a v8 in it. I was simply stating the times I've seen from the GT500, but then again most magazines got high to mid 13s in our LS1s, which is about what the average joe can get, and we all know they're capable of high 12s.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of a stock mustang GT being able to beat my car, its just hard to comprehend. but with technology and the new motors these new cars have in them, I can accept it.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess running 12s is what the "cool" kids are doing now huh?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redbadss
I completely agree with you and see where you're coming from. I am by no means brand loyal and love pretty much anything with a v8 in it. I was simply stating the times I've seen from the GT500, but then again most magazines got high to mid 13s in our LS1s, which is about what the average joe can get, and we all know they're capable of high 12s.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of a stock mustang GT being able to beat my car, its just hard to comprehend. but with technology and the new motors these new cars have in them, I can accept it.
No problemo, and my rant wasn't against you. I know the GT500's are perfectly capable of some high 11's on a good day with a good driver. Just most of the time one of those two items are lacking. I love the idea the Mustang is winning again, because GM and Ford still have blinder's on to the rest of the industry. As long as Ford upstages GM they'll answer back in a year or two. I'm really looking forward to the next gen Camaro that they've announced to be on the Alpha platform with the upcoming ATS Cadillac. It's an extended and upgraded version of the Kappa platform so these car's should be amazing.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
I always wished they had carried the 351 over from the '95 Cobra R.
I second that. It would've made the competition an actual competition, but the Mustang would've still gotten stomped in terms of mpg. Not that we all care THAT much, but some decent highway mileage puts the icing on the cake and the LSx reigns there.

Now many of us have to mod up to avoid getting owned by 16-year-old Mindy driving her birthday present. Yeesh...

I've heard from a good source that the '11 GT has dipped into the sub-12.50s stock down to the tires with a great driver. I only wish Ford had gotten their act together sooner, but I guess better late than never.

Horsepower Wars Part Deux!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Droptop Snake
I've heard from a good source that the '11 GT has dipped into the sub-12.50s stock down to the tires with a great driver.
I don't doubt it, I'd even predicted months ago that (in perfect track/air conditions) it might be possible.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

ALL HAIL BIG THREE V8 HEADS THAT FLOW LIKE NASCAR FROM A FEW YEARS AGO(a little while ago)

LS3 328ISH
6.1HEMI 318ISH
5.0 350ISH ???????? (who knows till they are flow benched independently)

TAKE THAT!!!!!!!!!! FOREIGN BULLSHIT.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I second that. It would've made the competition an actual competition, but the Mustang would've still gotten stomped in terms of mpg. Not that we all care THAT much, but some decent highway mileage puts the icing on the cake and the LSx reigns there.

Now many of us have to mod up to avoid getting owned by 16-year-old Mindy driving her birthday present. Yeesh...

I've heard from a good source that the '11 GT has dipped into the sub-12.50s stock down to the tires with a great driver. I only wish Ford had gotten their act together sooner, but I guess better late than never.

Horsepower Wars Part Deux!
I would hope so. The current bone stock record for the 5th gen is 12.58. It looks like the GT is a bit quicker. It should hit 12.4 stock.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
The current bone stock record for the 5th gen is 12.58.
Wow. Regular radials on that pass, or DRs? That's moving for all that weight.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow. Regular radials on that pass, or DRs? That's moving for all that weight.
Regular radials. Corrected would have been a 12.43. Check out the camaro5.com official and unofficial fast list. Only about 30 guys on it (not many run) but some decent times all ready.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself to that end. I don't know a thing about you, so maybe you just aren't aware, but... Over the years, the Mustang has outperformed the Camaro at least as much as the other way around, least of which was when there was no Camaro in production. I remember all of the 80's and while neither was an instant track burner, the Mustang enjoyed a real advantage from about '84 through 92, mostly thanks to the weight vs torque of each car. The Camaro was a tank by comparison from the 70's on. I remember '74-'78 even... When the Mustang was a super lightweight, but had no serious power either.. And both were straddled with emissions junk(which still doesn't help either car worth a hoot). I remember burning the tires off 3 of my friends 79-82 models, but going nowhere fast... And I remember my dads '68 Firebird linin' 'em up and smackin' 'em down just for fun.

As long as the ponies run, it's great.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I remember all of the 80's and while neither was an instant track burner, the Mustang enjoyed a real advantage from about '84 through 92, mostly thanks to the weight vs torque of each car.
While I do agree with you for the most part there was potentially one small exception there...the 1987-1992 Camaro IROC/Z28 (and Trans Am/GTA) with the 5.7L automatic.
That car would beat an '85-'93 automatic Mustang 5.0L and easily run with a manual (non Cobra) one.
I've owned both cars from brand new.

Originally Posted by It'llrun
As long as the ponies run, it's great.
I agree 100%
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
While I do agree with you for the most part there was potentially one small exception there...the 1987-1992 Camaro IROC/Z28 (and Trans Am/GTA) with the 5.7L automatic.
That car would beat an '85-'93 automatic Mustang 5.0L and easily run with a manual (non Cobra) one.
I've owned both cars from brand new.
There certainly were a few F-bodies during that time which would run with the Fox body 5.0... The numbers were small by comparison though. The quickest F-body of the 87-92 was surely the IROC, but even those were only mid 14 second cars, save a few built on Wednesday... Of course, the average 5.0 was only a 14 second car too. I saw this or that run way down to around 14.0, but it's like the few IROCS, built on Wednesday... I even remember some guy from way up north doing a couple free mods to his 5.0, plus I suspect a gear swap(though he claimed he ordered it with 3.73's) and it set a world record in the 12's... But NOT as Ford built/sold it.

My point was just that through that era, the 5.0 Mustang was a typical 14 second car while the F-body was more typical of upper 15's. Power output was relatively close, but the Fox was lighter and had a better suspension for launching.

Personally, I still like the Turbo TA(3rd gen, although 2nd was cool), which didn't start quickly, but had real power just the same.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords went 12.6 @ 112mph in their stock 2011 GT that made 375rwhp. Best printed time so far for the GT.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Evo Performance just ran a 10.91 @ 127 mph on a 100 shot of gas. Same mods as the car had on the 11.65 run just now with a 100 shot of gas.

They did do some more tuning on the car though since the 11.65 pass. At the time of the 11.65 pass the car was making 405rwhp on the dyno. More tuning it put down 414rwhp. Then on the 100 shot it put down 469rwhp/513rwtq.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sax1031
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords went 12.6 @ 112mph in their stock 2011 GT that made 375rwhp. Best printed time so far for the GT.
The 60ft time for the 12.6 run was 2.06.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Very impressive...
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Video of JPC's 10.96 @ 125mph run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1q4pkoo

4.56 gear
exhaust
"small" shot of gas