Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Ford Focus ST

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see any problem with leaving the factory head unit, and just adding aftermarket speakers/amps/crossovers if you so choose.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't see any problem with leaving the factory head unit, and just adding aftermarket speakers/amps/crossovers if you so choose.
If the factory unit has the features that aftermarket units have then I'd keep it, but many of them don't do Bluetooth, Navigation, USB, iPod, etc.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not bad, I need to see it in person to give a real opinion though. It looks kinda expensive for a small hatch car. If Ford keeps it under $25K, they might have a winner here!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Latch
If the factory unit has the features that aftermarket units have then I'd keep it, but many of them don't do Bluetooth, Navigation, USB, iPod, etc.
Ford actually has started integrating all of that into their cars, it's pretty neat.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackLM7
Not bad, I need to see it in person to give a real opinion though. It looks kinda expensive for a small hatch car. If Ford keeps it under $25K, they might have a winner here!
I think part of the reason why the "Americanized" Ford bring-overs from Europe have been so crappy compared to their overseas counterparts is that they have to cheapen them up so much over here in order to get ppl to buy them. In this country any compact car that sells for over 20K is considered ridiculous by most ppl. These little cars are so awesome in Europe, but they cost alot more there too. Tell someone that they can get a new Focus RS with 300+hp and they'll be like "AWESOME!". Then tell them it will cost them 30 grand (or more), and they'll change their tune to "**** that".
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I think part of the reason why the "Americanized" Ford bring-overs from Europe have been so crappy compared to their overseas counterparts is that they have to cheapen them up so much over here in order to get ppl to buy them. In this country any compact car that sells for over 20K is considered ridiculous by most ppl. These little cars are so awesome in Europe, but they cost alot more there too. Tell someone that they can get a new Focus RS with 300+hp and they'll be like "AWESOME!". Then tell them it will cost them 30 grand (or more), and they'll change their tune to "**** that".
Exactly. My thinking would be that I'd rather put that 30k into a C6. If I truly wanted a flashy compact I'd just go find myself a VW GTI for less than 20k.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Well if you look closely at the dash it says "Sony," so I'm assuming the stock stereo is at least decent.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

I want to replace my mustang.

I originally wanted of course a newer GT. Didn't have to have the newest gt 5.0.

Than I wanted a ford Taurus sho.

Now I just want this fully loaded. LOVE this and I hate hatches. I only it was all wheel drive and an i5

Quick Reply: Ford Focus ST