Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Z28 caught testing at the Ring *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010 | 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WECIV
"stock systems have to meet noise standards. you really only need a muffler delete system on a 5th gen for sound and good flow. at least until you start making a ton of power."

Yeah, I know. That is why they need to provide us a butterfly setup (or something) that is easy to defeat for "track purposes only."

W

ill take a factory SCed LS motor and worry about improving the small stuff after.
Old 10-23-2010 | 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

**update**

Better video, shows more track time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3U9LPSwlLM
Old 10-23-2010 | 01:09 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
GM is much better at building hype then at building actual cars.
Yeah, it would have been a great decision to throw business sense and solid engineering to the wind, rush this car to production within 6 months of the 5th gen release, long before consistant real-world sales data on the new Camaro was established, and with little effort towards testing or chassis/engine design intergration.

For some people, no matter what GM does it will never be right. Personally, I'm just glad to see this car happening at all. Looks to be an excellent Camaro, and one that I'll consider buying myself.
Old 10-24-2010 | 12:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Yeah, it would have been a great decision to throw business sense and solid engineering to the wind, rush this car to production within 6 months of the 5th gen release, long before consistant real-world sales data on the new Camaro was established, and with little effort towards testing or chassis/engine design intergration.

For some people, no matter what GM does it will never be right. Personally, I'm just glad to see this car happening at all. Looks to be an excellent Camaro, and one that I'll consider buying myself.

well put.

Quick Reply: Z28 caught testing at the Ring *Video*