Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

UAW Pickets Themselves

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
orangeSS logic = fail.

wrong,read what i read and post something useful or quit responding.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

They'd work harder then you would......
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
BS, stupid and hateful and typical anti union comparison.

im betting gettlefinger or any other union rep would have you walking away from a bargaining table crying like a 3 yo so you can STFU and GTFO.
LOL at being hateful. UAW is eating away at the big 3 like a cancer...when it devours them it will set its sites on foreign car companies.....and you will see them pack up and leave when its cheaper to pay import taxes than union wages.

UAW and other unions arent going away. deal with it. no need to have this argument over and over.

but what i find funny is WTF do alot of you that bitch about unions buy union made cars? lol, seems like some people are FOS.

buy foreign cars and be proud of yourself as many middle class wages go away. yes, i know everyone should be smarter and get better jobs and have no say on what goes on where they work. after all, employers always makes decisions with their empoyees in mind. yea right. keep thinking that and think you cant be replaced or laid off becuse youre too smart or too good lol.

Did you know that when you buy a used car....it doesnt support anyone but the local business where you bought it from. I will never buy another new car besides my 2010 SS. So, I would bet most of the people here bought their fbodies used...therefore not helping unions or GM. Just saying.

well, in alot of cases union companies are better trained.

Can you please explain to me why Toyota, Honda ect ect have had better build quality for years over the UAW....being built in the United States...without union labor?

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
You know its funny to me to listen to some of you bash unions and then turn right around and support the cars that they build. Who are you having never worked in a factory to sit back and determine what sombody else should make. So what they make $30 dollars an hour, if thats what they bargain for then thats what they should make. Theres a ton of training that these guys go through, lots of skill goes into what they do. How dare you attack them. You think the price of the car is gonna go down if there pay gets cut in half? Get real, the CEO's will take that money and put it in there own pocket. How about supporting the working guy. Union people spend the money they make in your neighborhoods. The money that these hardworking people make keep economys moving. Quit being a f*cking hater and support them.

Who are you never owning a business to sit back and determine what you should make working for someone else?

The great thing about America is if you dont like the pay, you can pack your **** up and find a new job. There are probably hundreds of thousands of United States citizens that would proudly work for half of what the average UAW member steals....er earns.

When GM dies the UAW will be at fault.

Remember...Paying someone more to build an inferior product = less sales which in turn = less profits = less money to pay employees.

You like to complain about Who are you having never worked in a factory to sit back and determine what sombody else should make.

But you are the first dumbasses to complain about what the CEO's make. Do you see how hypocritial that is?

Probably no.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Who cares what union workers make, if an unskilled worker than only needs 5 minutes of training to do his job for the rest of his life makes $85,000 a year and gets better benefits than white-collar workers, so what?"

And that is the reason our economy is in the *******, we're outsourcing more and more manufacturing, and moving towards being a completely service-based economy.

Who cares? The companies who have to employ overpaid, lazy entitlement-mentality union workers. The solution? Go out of the country to get products produced. Instead of keeping jobs in the US and paying their workers a fair wage - and my job being working with companies that manufacture things and myself having been a designer for one of those companies, I can tell you that most smaller companies would much prefer to source their parts from inside the US, as it's easier to maintain quality and make product revisions - the companies are forced to outsource their manufacturing because they simply can't afford to pay Bubba $30/hour to screw bolts in and maintain a profit to stay in business.

I'm from WV - we created the ******* unions. They existed for a valid reason decades ago. This isn't 1920, and unions have absolutely no function in today's economy. None.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Element
the companies are forced to outsource their manufacturing because they simply can't afford to pay Bubba $30/hour to screw bolts in and maintain a profit to stay in business.

They dont care. Unless the CEO is making $14.00 an hour too. They dont think its fair that he gets paid crazy money to provide jobs to thousands of people and maintain one of the largest companies in the world. Plus they dont care if they drive it down the ******* as they will move on to the next host and hose the **** out of them for all they can. Then the next host and the next. Then when its all said and done everyone is living fat off of an 8th grade education.

I run a restaurant with my wife and we already have a few employees (been open for two months now) complaining about pay...that they agreed too in the first place.

We have been open for two months, and so far have had to deal with that...plus 1 law suit for age discrimination, one cook ran to the health inspector to try and get us in trouble after being fired for assulting another employee. Plus one is filing for unemployment since getting fired for threatening a manager with physical harm.

If this place was union run....they would still have their jobs and be getting paid what they want....not what I want to pay them. I wish they could see that we have been open for two months and still yet to make a profit between paying them and food orders and maintenece and insurance and inspections. They dont care.

All this in a place that has 28 total employees. Can you imagine the headaches GM has to deal with? And the UAW locks those headaches in instead of getting rid of them.

CEOS/owners of businesses deal with a lot ( a metric **** ton) of things the lower guys do not see....yet its all about them. They are too blind to see that if you are not there.....they dont have a job.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I love these debates, and the amount of stupid they generate.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
They dont care. Unless the CEO is making $14.00 an hour too. They dont think its fair that he gets paid crazy money to provide jobs to thousands of people and maintain one of the largest companies in the world. Plus they dont care if they drive it down the ******* as they will move on to the next host and hose the **** out of them for all they can. Then the next host and the next. Then when its all said and done everyone is living fat off of an 8th grade education.

I run a restaurant with my wife and we already have a few employees (been open for two months now) complaining about pay...that they agreed too in the first place.

We have been open for two months, and so far have had to deal with that...plus 1 law suit for age discrimination, one cook ran to the health inspector to try and get us in trouble after being fired for assulting another employee. Plus one is filing for unemployment since getting fired for threatening a manager with physical harm.

If this place was union run....they would still have their jobs and be getting paid what they want....not what I want to pay them. I wish they could see that we have been open for two months and still yet to make a profit between paying them and food orders and maintenece and insurance and inspections. They dont care.

All this in a place that has 28 total employees. Can you imagine the headaches GM has to deal with? And the UAW locks those headaches in instead of getting rid of them.

CEOS/owners of businesses deal with a lot ( a metric **** ton) of things the lower guys do not see....yet its all about them. They are too blind to see that if you are not there.....they dont have a job.
Deere@CO...$1.5billion in profits

CAT...$3.2billion in profits

CNH...$866million in profits

All of these corps. have the same if not more generous contracts with legacy costs and fully paid retiree heathcare. According to you this isnt possible, Can you explain this phenomenon? How is that these companies arent before congress asking for bailouts? Even Ford didnt need a bailout in the end. They made a change in management and began turning a profit...how is this possible if what you say is true?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Can you please explain to me why Toyota, Honda ect ect have had better build quality for years over the UAW....being built in the United States...without union labor?

Easy, they dont. For starters unions are no excuse for poor quality. Engineering designs cars and poor engineering will make for a poor car. Training a worker to make a quality product is the responsibility of the company not the union. In 2009 JD Power did a study on auto plants and found the top10 most efficient plants in North America were either UAW or CAW plants. American makers also have a lesser warranty claim amount to. Your arguments are based on outdated stereotypes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Are all those companies competing with Japanese/korean car companies not using the same labor unions?

Ford is the only one of the big three to not take a bailout....and they did it by the skin of their teeth.

GM is forced to sell cars at competitive prices to the Japanese counterparts...even though the japanese cars are produced at a cheaper cost due to no UAW infiltration. Therefore they pull in higher profits.

I dont know whats hard to understand about that.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wannabess00
Easy, they dont. For starters unions are no excuse for poor quality. Engineering designs cars and poor engineering will make for a poor car. Training a worker to make a quality product is the responsibility of the company not the union. In 2009 JD Power did a study on auto plants and found the top10 most efficient plants in North America were either UAW or CAW plants. American makers also have a lesser warranty claim amount to. Your arguments are based on outdated stereotypes
Point being...and I should of been more clear about this...it was UAW quality that drove people to imports. While the big 3 were shoveling **** quality with outstanding pay and benifits people decided that it was better to buy imports.

We have closed the gap but the damage is going to linger for a long time as many AMERICANS said they wont buy American company cars because of quality issues.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Deere@CO...$1.5billion in profits

CAT...$3.2billion in profits

CNH...$866million in profits

All of these corps. have the same if not more generous contracts with legacy costs and fully paid retiree heathcare. According to you this isnt possible, Can you explain this phenomenon? How is that these companies arent before congress asking for bailouts? Even Ford didnt need a bailout in the end. They made a change in management and began turning a profit...how is this possible if what you say is true?
And is the heavy equipment global market anything like the global automobile market? No, not even close. We've dominated the heavy equipment markets because there is much less competition in the global market. The automobile market is a whole different animal.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These beer drinkin', lunch hour tokin' up tools make that kind of money a year to pin a bumper on? Really? Sure I'm certain there are some vets that have been with the company a while and are model citizens - they deserve the money.

But, these whiny, sniveling, picketing brats, I wish they could fire the lot of them. Not like they are competent enough to build a car correctly anyhow. Hire me for $14/hr, you wouldn't see ME whining LOL
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by $750 L98

Hire me for $14/hr, you wouldn't see ME whining LOL
Thats exactly my point. There are hundreds of thousands of people who would bust their *** off for $14.00 an hour plus any benifits.

You see in a republic YOU have the RIGHT to QUIT and FIND a new JOB. Nobody is making people work there. Nobody forced you into that job.

Nobody forces people to work at McDonalds for minimum wage....nobody. Infact people probably wait weeks to get openings to work there....for minimum wage.

Just like these ******* whiny teachers bitching about wages and tenure. If you dont like your job LEAVE! Go someplace thats paying what you think you are worth.

Did you ever notice that private schools have much smarter students than government schools......Its partially because they can fire the shitty teachers...and the teachers there want to be there.

Nobody is forcing anyone to work at a GM plant...not 1 single employee is working there with a gun to his head. They can leave at anytime and go work at burger king or sell ******* shoes. Then someone from burger king or payless can take their job triple the pay.

Its as simple as you dont like the job.....GTFO.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Are all those companies competing with Japanese/korean car companies not using the same labor unions?

Ford is the only one of the big three to not take a bailout....and they did it by the skin of their teeth.

GM is forced to sell cars at competitive prices to the Japanese counterparts...even though the japanese cars are produced at a cheaper cost due to no UAW infiltration. Therefore they pull in higher profits.

I dont know whats hard to understand about that.
All of these companies compete in foriegn markets. You dont get to be Fortune 100 companies by not becoming globalized. Much of our business is making Farm and Construction equipment to be used all over the world. And you might want to actually talk with a worker at a non-union auto maker. They make the same if not more than UAW workers. These companies see it as the best way to fight unions. I understand this much more than you do. I deal with it on a day basis.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
And is the heavy equipment global market anything like the global automobile market? No, not even close. We've dominated the heavy equipment markets because there is much less competition in the global market. The automobile market is a whole different animal.
Different markets indeed. But the number of human hands it takes to assemble a loader or combine vs the number made is quite comparable in labor expense. The issue here is the spending power of the many in my opinion. Were GM and Chrysler having record sales years but turning no profit in the lead up to their trip before congress or were they both declining in sales?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

And you might want to actually talk with a worker at a non-union auto maker. They make the same if not more than UAW workers. These companies see it as the best way to fight unions. I understand this much more than you do. I deal with it on a day basis.
Probably the dumbest thing written in this thread, and that is saying a lot. Bravo.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Probably the dumbest thing written in this thread, and that is saying a lot. Bravo.
First off grow up. No need for the cheapshots. Secondly what are you refering to as being "dumb"
Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no way a non-union auto worker makes more than someone in the UAW. You union guys seem to forget that pensions/retirement funds, health care, etc. are a form of wages.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to mention the unions trying to lobby the federal govt out of our tax dollars so they could still have their cushy retirement when they are taking it right from others.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

BS, stupid and hateful and typical anti union comparison.

im betting gettlefinger or any other union rep would have you walking away from a bargaining table crying like a 3 yo so you can STFU and GTFO.

Gettlefinger is such an inspiration, and source of wisdom.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ntly-interview
"A union is the only instrument that gives working men and women any sort of equity and justice in the workplace." Ron Gettlefinger

Quick Reply: UAW Pickets Themselves