Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

H/C/I 5.0 makes 507rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Well in that case, stop comparing the LS1 to the 5.0!! Makes you sound like a real hypocrite.
ouch. cant argue with that.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:16 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
well it did'nt cost as much in 02 as the 5.0 does now. Did ya do that math?
C5 Z06's stickered right at $40,000 new.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LEO
C5 Z06's stickered right at $40,000 new.
i thought it was closer to 50.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Seriously all Ford did was copy GM's formula and added more cubic inches to there dohc engine Ford fanboys finally know why we would say "there is no substitue for cubic inches"...its not like they are reinveting the wheel or crushing all lsx motors, you just seem to have an elitist attitude.
Ford copied GM's formula of what? Adding cubes? Nope... Ford has used more cubes than the 5L since 2007, non-stop. They also did it in 2000.

I have an elitist attitude? REALLY? Why? Because you can't find an LS engine keep up with a 4.6L??? I didn't build any of those quickest cars and I don't know the owners of any of them and they didn't use my money to do what they did... I don't have an attitude, I'm just RIGHT and it pisses you off.

But what would I know I drive a $7000, 11 second 4th gen camaro.
You would know that you have a $7,000 car worth about 5k on the market... I just threw that out there because it was about as imperative as your question...

And if we are going to go by drag racing records , then maybe you should consider getting a hemi, the lsx technology is proven various classes of drag racing, it just has not replaced the BBC. The c6r in le mans is an lsx motor, the ro8 is johnsons nextel champ car has technology from the lsx motor.
Why should *I* get a Hemi? Because I'm aware the head design is the reason blowers work so well on it? Because the cars actually doing what you ASKED me to show you are also using a cylinder head design from the middle 1960's?

I was merely answering your question. GM big blocks, by the way.. Not my choice for serious power, by any means.

If you wanna brag about technology from the LSX motor, just what about that engine was never done before the LS series??

Originally Posted by assasinator
wrong. they all have technology from yates combustion chambers and ports. everything "wedge" is inspiried by yates.- which is not any brand at all.
Technically, Dodge (MOPAR) used a "Wedge" design in the early 60's. This led to the Hemi, basically the king of racing designs(excepting(spelled the way I meant it) the fact NHRA seems to have banned DOHC's and turbos from that high end competition)..

Originally Posted by Cosmos
Put done the mustangs mags and get back into reality. Both are great motors but the way you type I can see you throwing a tantrum over your keyboard.
I've been saying ALL ALONG, for YOU who isn't actually paying attention(more on that 2 spots down), that each design is excellent.

Perhaps if you had any goal OTHER than to disagree with me, you wouldn't be making an utter fool of yourself. Move along, BOY... Men are conversing here.

Quit bringing up the 6 and 7 sec cars, they have nothing to do with the 5.0.
Read what I wrote, NOT just what you suspect I wrote... Dayum... You and "paying attention" don't do so well together...

If by Mark you mean the Blue Cobra that runs 8s,
Quit sucking the tip of whos in now.
By Mark, I mean the Corvette owner previously mentioned, but thanks for playing!

I bet I know who your favorite football team is.

2010 Green Bay
2009 Saints
2008 Steelers
2007 Giants
2006 Colts

etc.....
None of those are my favorite football teams, though they did all win a SuperBowl... Climb down from your high chair... It's NOT a high horse after all...
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
It was... 48+ and I'm sure I remember because I also remember thinking, Dammitman, I just ain't gonna pay that much for a car...

It's easy to compare a used engine or car to a new one and foolishly claim it's just better. The fact is, the used MAY BE better, but that doesn't mean a thing to the person buying a new car... They want one in which the seats were NOT previously farted in by someone else.

I may respond to other parts tomorrow, but it seems so full of drivel now, I may not.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
Oops, sorry you are correct. I hit 4 instead of 5, good thing I came back to check on this thread.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Ford copied GM's formula of what? Adding cubes? Nope... Ford has used more cubes than the 5L since 2007, non-stop. They also did it in 2000.

I have an elitist attitude? REALLY? Why? Because you can't find an LS engine keep up with a 4.6L??? I didn't build any of those quickest cars and I don't know the owners of any of them and they didn't use my money to do what they did... I don't have an attitude, I'm just RIGHT and it pisses you off.

You would know that you have a $7,000 car worth about 5k on the market... I just threw that out there because it was about as imperative as your question...

Why should *I* get a Hemi? Because I'm aware the head design is the reason blowers work so well on it? Because the cars actually doing what you ASKED me to show you are also using a cylinder head design from the middle 1960's?

I was merely answering your question. GM big blocks, by the way.. Not my choice for serious power, by any means.

If you wanna brag about technology from the LSX motor, just what about that engine was never done before the LS series??

Technically, Dodge (MOPAR) used a "Wedge" design in the early 60's. This led to the Hemi, basically the king of racing designs(excepting(spelled the way I meant it) the fact NHRA seems to have banned DOHC's and turbos from that high end competition)..

I've been saying ALL ALONG, for YOU who isn't actually paying attention(more on that 2 spots down), that each design is excellent.

Perhaps if you had any goal OTHER than to disagree with me, you wouldn't be making an utter fool of yourself. Move along, BOY... Men are conversing here.

Read what I wrote, NOT just what you suspect I wrote... Dayum... You and "paying attention" don't do so well together...

By Mark, I mean the Corvette owner previously mentioned, but thanks for playing!

None of those are my favorite football teams, though they did all win a SuperBowl... Climb down from your high chair... It's NOT a high horse after all...
It was... 48+ and I'm sure I remember because I also remember thinking, Dammitman, I just ain't gonna pay that much for a car...

It's easy to compare a used engine or car to a new one and foolishly claim it's just better. The fact is, the used MAY BE better, but that doesn't mean a thing to the person buying a new car... They want one in which the seats were NOT previously farted in by someone else.

I may respond to other parts tomorrow, but it seems so full of drivel now, I may not.
Even when I was just bolt ons I never had a problem keeping uo with 4.6l........I have no where near 5k in mods, if i did I would be way faster. Im just cam and bolt ons
Old 03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Even when I was just bolt ons I never had a problem keeping uo with 4.6l........I have no where near 5k in mods, if i did I would be way faster. Im just cam and bolt ons
Damn bro get a life already lol!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Well in that case, stop comparing the LS1 to the 5.0!! Makes you sound like a real hypocrite.
When you type stuff like this, it really makes me wonder if you ever actually read what I type. I did you a favor and multi-quoted every response I've made in this thread up until my "inflation's a bitch" comment (right before this response from you. Why don't you show me where I compared the 5.0 to the LS1...
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Very impressive ... and that's just the "Stage 1" heads. Once these motors get DI, and some more aftermarket support/development, 550rwhp might be around the corner.

Mach 1s got the same transmissions as the Mustang GT...

This. Saying "oh well it's old technology" in reference to the LSx motors is no less ricer-tastic than holding on to the cubic inch thing.
Oh lawd, you done did it now
Ok, I see people say this all the time... it's not just about gas mileage. It is about tailpipe EMISSIONS. If an engine is less efficient (OHV), it is probably going to be spitting more crap out of the tailpipe. And the new Mustang GT and Camaro SS get very similar gas mileage, btw. I think the Mustang is actually rated higher. I've been saying this, and it seems that Ford is figuring out how to do it pretty well; concentrate on making DOHC setups smaller/lighter, because that's really the only thing that is missing.
Now it might just be me, but I don't see any comparison between the LS1 and the 5.0. The only time I ever compare an LS1-powered car to a 5.0 is when the comparison has already been brought up.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

And this has what to do with the topic or discussion?

I never had any trouble keeping up either. Then again, I never raced the really quick ones, nor have you. With 5k more in mods in 2001(or today), you'd still get roasted like a coffee bean...
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

i am now "stupider" after reading this forum
Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
And this has what to do with the topic or discussion?

I never had any trouble keeping up either. Then again, I never raced the really quick ones, nor have you. With 5k more in mods in 2001(or today), you'd still get roasted like a coffee bean...
You mean by a $30,000 terminator that needs an rear axle swap,kenny bell, suspensions and tires to crack 10's? yeah he beat me, do you bench race? what do you even have?

This is an lsx forum so naturally all ford discussions are going to end in a lsx versus ford battles. If that makes it rice then your at the wrong forum.

The lsx made its arrival in 1998 and now that its 2011 the mustang gt has finally caught up CONGRATULATIONS.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

So your LS6 was only $3,200 when you bought it in 2002?

Do not compare cars that are MINIMUM 7 years old to a brand new car. That is and you know it.
I was talking to kenny's troll post when he first referred to the LS6 as a slow POS
Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Damn bro get a life already lol!
Anytime your in northern california pm me ill run you and show you what my old ls1 can do
Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ultimately and above all this debate should come down to price and reliability. Who cares who has how many cams valves liters etc. Whatever gets me to 500 rwhp cheapest and with the most durability over time is what should be the determining factor of which engine is "better." HP/TQ per dollar.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys can't even keep the discussion centered on CURRENT model Ford vs CURRENT model Chevy engines and production cars. How can you NOT expect this thread to turn into ****?

This topic has been derailed since practically the first couple pages.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
You guys can't even keep the discussion centered on CURRENT model Ford vs CURRENT model Chevy engines and production cars. How can you NOT expect this thread to turn into ****?

Yeah I agree and im partly to blame, Ford has a great engine and hopefully GM can answer with more power!!!! competition brings out better products, even in the age of all this green car crap.

The import guys have to be shitting there pants right now
Old 03-19-2011, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The import guys have to be shitting there pants right now
That's what we SHOULD all be happy about right now.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Anytime your in northern california pm me ill run you and show you what my old ls1 can do
Bro you are a total retard to the max! save yur money an rent a hooker on Van ise ! dumb ***!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Bro you are a total retard to the max! save yur money an rent a hooker on Van ise ! dumb ***!

Just what I thought another ford boy who talks about lsx on the internet but in real life probably doesnt even have a fast car to beat one.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147

LoL, everybody has to change the subject of the argument, so they can have the one up.

That's why the threads get so derailed.

Quick Reply: H/C/I 5.0 makes 507rwhp