Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Motor Trend - 2012 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 (fastest stock Mustang ever made)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
my point exactly...why are we trying to compare lap times with cars that cost twice as much and are in completely different classes? No one who is in the market for an R8, GTR, ZR1, 911, etc gives a **** if the Boss gets around a track fractions of a second quicker, that they will never drive on, with a driver that has more skill than 99% of any owners will ever come close to having.

simply put, if you like the looks of the Boss and feel that its your best way to spend $40,000+ then go for it, I'm just saying there are plenty of other options out there for fun, affordable performance cars and maybe the Boss doesn't need to be viewed as the Holy Grail of fast cars.
I think you have some bias that is coming out. Comparing the lap times with "super cars" costing twice as much isn't the show the Boss is beter than them, but to show how capable it is. A R8 or GTR buyer is not cross shopping the Boss, or even a GT500. However, for 40k, you get a pony car that is able to tangle with those "super cars" on some road racing circuits.

Personally, I don't think you can compare track times from different days. The track conditions and weather conditions vary greatly form day to day, so comparing archived times is worthless. Inside line compared all the mustangs on the same day, and the GT500 was still faster around a track, so I am sure a GTR on the same day wold have little trouble with the Boss. However, just being able to emntion those two in the same sentence track time wise is a huge victory for Ford.

I like the Boss, but I will stick to my GT500

Quick Reply: Motor Trend - 2012 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 (fastest stock Mustang ever made)