get some
Old 05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

badass video but whats the connection?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Local guy bought one & has already filed "lemon law" related claim, just to ensure that the dealer doesn't bail as he goes through the BS of transmission failures, not to mention the lifters. So, far dealer has fixed, but, come one, how many new transmissions is he gonna get before they tell him to f'ck off. It's a shame; FORD has a real issue on their hands.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
badass video but whats the connection?
its got an mt82 that is clearly faulty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvjgF...eature=related

Last edited by 88blackgt; 05-23-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

whats wrong with it?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

whats wrong with it?
It's an MT-82, built in China, by Chinese hands which were guided by Chinese eyes... Isn't it OBVIOUS what's wrong with it?

This public video was brought to us by people truly and deeply concerned over exactly how weak and incapable the MT-82 6speed manual used in the Ford Mustang really is... in control of someone who actually knows how to drive.

Bottom line: 10.30/20's does NOT denote a weak transmission... I don't care who you are... Yes, there are some MT-82's with problems, but certainly not all of them. Frankly, I still don't want one because I don't like the shifts well enough. Still, anyone calling this unit "junk" simply has no earthly clue what they're talking about.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Bottom line: 10.30/20's does NOT denote a weak transmission... I don't care who you are... Yes, there are some MT-82's with problems, but certainly not all of them. Frankly, I still don't want one because I don't like the shifts well enough. Still, anyone calling this unit "junk" simply has no earthly clue what they're talking about.

Tell that to the people who are having transmission problems. Far too many issues. The transmission should be recalled. Yah, how could we possibly have an "Earthly clue" about a failing transmission that's sitting right in front of us.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Tell that to the people who are having transmission problems.
I just did, thanks.

Far too many issues. The transmission should be recalled. Yah, how could we possibly have an "Earthly clue" about a failing transmission that's sitting right in front of us.
There are some 70 THOUSAND of these out there right now with MAYBE 500-1000 broken... Figure it out.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I just did, thanks.

There are some 70 THOUSAND of these out there right now with MAYBE 500-1000 broken... Figure it out.
500-1000 in 70k is a lot... if it was .01 or .005% i might agree but its tad bit over that
Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
500-1000 in 70k is a lot... if it was .01 or .005% i might agree but its tad bit over that
you act like he has real data to base that on lol
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
Get us the actual number and we'll have something to talk about. Ford isn't issuing the number of units or percentages and nobody else has it, so we don't truly know how many are bad, let alone the percentage. We just know what we're hearing and while it may seem to be several, it also seems the same few people are complaining over and over again... Most of whom don't even have that transmission.

.005 or .01% is asking, essentially, for total perfection. Which brand new high production model was ever delivered as such?

These are automobiles, not cotton socks.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ This is why I don't buy new cars.. especially a brand new platform. Still has to suck to have a 35,000 dollar paperweight.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jon5212
^^^ This is why I don't buy new cars.. especially a brand new platform. Still has to suck to have a 35,000 dollar paperweight.
Indeed... On the other hand, if ya can't afford to replace it...
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Indeed... On the other hand, if ya can't afford to replace it...
cant afford to replace what? its a new vehicle you shouldnt have to AFFORD anything but your car payment.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

cant afford to replace what? its a new vehicle you shouldnt have to AFFORD anything but your car payment.
For those really bad at math... You're probably one of those people who gets a vehicle he wants before he checks on the payments, upkeep, cost of ownership and insurance costs... Have at it and good luck,
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

For those really bad at math... You're probably one of those people who gets a vehicle he wants before he checks on the payments, upkeep, cost of ownership and insurance costs... Have at it and good luck,
i guess i should include replacing of a POS transmission that dealers wont fix under warranty despite problems they know about.

dont worry about me man. id rather buy a car i cant afford than one i cant shift.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

i guess i should include replacing of a POS transmission that dealers wont fix under warranty despite problems they know about.

dont worry about me man. id rather buy a car i cant afford than one i cant shift.
Okay, you've made a statement... Now provide the proof that Ford simply won't fix under warranty... Sure, there are a few they deem "abused" or whatever, but we know for a fact that Ford has allowed repairs for many so far because members here(who own them) have said so. Others still, have said they haven't even experienced problems. In other words, your point is inaccurate and therefore, invalid.

Looking at the video provided recently, it seems maybe it's just that you don't know how to shift well(as if you've actually had one), because it obviously managed low 10's already with a decent/good driver. It isn't like nobody ever missed a gear with other transmissions or like nobody else ever had another transmission fail. The T-5 is a great example of "junk under heavy strain." The MT-82 is not. I don't think it's strong enough, but it isn't all that bad. You're doing your best to make it out as garbage, but we've got absolute proof otherwise.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

bro, theres TSBs on that trans. stop your dick sucking for just a few minutes. jesus. theres obviously problems. how serious? for me i would avoid buying a car with this trans until im convinced this is either isolated or figured out.

i was referring to your statement that a buyer should be able to afford to replace that trans and not have it replaced under warranty if it fails due to it being defective.

if thats what you meant thats one of the most retarded things ive ever read on here.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

bro, theres TSBs on that trans. stop your dick sucking for just a few minutes. jesus. theres obviously problems. how serious? for me i would avoid buying a car with this trans until im convinced this is either isolated or figured out.

i was referring to your statement that a buyer should be able to afford to replace that trans and not have it replaced under warranty if it fails due to it being defective.

if thats what you meant thats one of the most retarded things ive ever read on here.
You may not know it, but even regular insurance can cover a broken major component. Still, it ONLY makes sense to be able(monetarily) to replace even the engine, if necessary, before making a purchase. If ya can't, you also can't actually afford that vehicle... You only THINK you can.

There is 1 TSB that I've read so far, about cold shifting. That isn't really about a defective transmission, but the fluid. An earlier TSB was about the clutch pedal assembly.

If the transmission fails because it was defective, it IS covered, whether or not you say it isn't. Ford does honor their warranty in that case, 100% of the time, though sometimes they use more time to make the decision than other times. Abuse is not the same as defective. You just can't seem to help yourself in any discernable way so as to not make the issue look bigger than it is. We get it... You, a "never really owned a Ford" person, happen to have some deep seeded hatred for Ford products... So what... People won't stop buying them based solely on your ignorant opinion.

You want me to stop "dick sucking" (because you're a mental GIANT, I'm sure) and I want you to get some ACTUAL facts as opposed to your extremely ignorant opinion alone. I like discussing things and even debating, but I really recommend that YOU, specifically you, do some mental growing before you lose control again. It would be nice if, for ONCE, you'd actuallly make like an adult through an entire conversation with anyone who doesn't fully agree with you on whatever scrap of an issue. In other words, MAN UP and stop acting like a 13yr old... Otherwise, most of us are just going to conclude you're nothing more than another uneducated punk on the internet who not only doesn't deserve respect, but doesn't even deserve the attention you so clearly crave.

Indeed, I bait you... I should stop. I'm laughing AT your massive ignorance at this point and that's just not nice of me. We should be done here, though I know you'll want the last word... Go ahead...son.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

ok dick head. theres a ton of articles with troubles with this trans. stop going on and sucking that blue oval sack. its drying up dont you think?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-problems.html

is this enough to convince you theres a problem? you really need to grow up. yes, read it since theres more recent info dummy.

Last edited by ULTIMATEORANGESS; 05-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Faulty Transmissions Plague 2011 Ford Mustang