Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Recall and repair? Not so fast...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that when the bankruptcy and bailout were happening that Obama publicly stated that GM owners and potential buyers did not have to worry about warranties. I guess there is no need to worry about something that isn't there.

I think that there there is a common misconception about what would have happened if there had not been a bailout. Typically the assets would be sold off to a new owner or owners. If a business has a good chance of success after shedding its previous debt then it continues. The tools and assets would not simply become scrap. The unusual part of this case was suppliers who normally would have been financially protected got the shaft and aspects of obligations to the UAW that would have normally been out of luck were funded. Also, the closing of dealerships would has been based on economics rather than political contributions/alliances.

Indian motorcycles keep coming back based solely on the value of the brand heritage. GM with a semi-functional company in place would not have just disappeared if taxpayer money had not been tossed their way.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

^ That's about all of it, right there...
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Most people nowadays have very short memories, GM will screw over people now with the no recalls and later down the road most people will forget (unless u own said vehicle) Hell Chris Brown can beat a women or R.Kelly can **** on a underage girl but now everybody loves them again...really?!?!? F'd up society
Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets just hope that GM can move on from all this AND STAND behind every car and truck they make from here on out.If not then were all gonna be stuck driving mustangs and i for one dont want that well unless it has a ls motor those are sweet

Quick Reply: Recall and repair? Not so fast...