Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Ford ad bashes the bailouts

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You highlight something in my comment and then rant about something else... FAIL
Old 10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually he talked about what he highlighted, and the rest of your post. No fail.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

FORD...Come on already. Commercial is completely miss-leading. Typical, smoke & mirrors lie. FORD sat in front of Congress & took money...period. I don't care what term Ford uses to identify the money they received.

@ a local car show, overheard a couple of guys congratulating each other about being Ford owners & how proud they were cuz' "Ferd never gots bailed out" kyuck', kyuck', kyuck. "Now where'd Jethrow hide that new still?"

Just more of the "NASCAR Nation" dumb a$$es taking it up the A$$. F'ck large Corporations & the Congress that continues to F'ck the people they are elected to take care of.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Actually he talked about what he highlighted, and the rest of your post. No fail.
Who the **** are you? His boyfriend here to his rescue? He didn't and he failed just like you failed to be his prince coming to his rescue.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Who the **** are you? His boyfriend here to his rescue? He didn't and he failed just like you failed to be his prince coming to his rescue.
Grow up. If you actually read my post you would know that I focused on what I highlighted out of your post as well as addressed the other points in your post. Read it again and get back to me, thank you.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
U mad brah?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Somebody should have explained the Marshall Plan to that guy. As I recall we had to bail out all of Western Europe and Japan after WWII. Of course that don't mean anything to the average ignorant American as reflected in our test scores and buying habits.

BTW, anybody ever check the handouts given to the transplants? Again US taxpayers helping assist foreign competition run the domestics out of business.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 AM
***Repost Police***

Uh... What?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I have spoken to Ford about the miss-leading add. They claim that the add has been pulled & that the statements were made by an independent owner, not Ford.

Basically, this the legal way of lying without being liable, "Ford is not liable for the miss-leading statements."

Yah Ford , well that doesn't change the fact the idiots of the world, 80% of the American public, assumes that Ford didn't partake in Government funding. Ford knows exactly what they were doing & have accomplished their bulls!t goal.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1-450
I have spoken to Ford about the miss-leading add. They claim that the add has been pulled & that the statements were made by an independent owner, not Ford.

Basically, this the legal way of lying without being liable, "Ford is not liable for the miss-leading statements."

Yah Ford , well that doesn't change the fact the idiots of the world, 80% of the American public, assumes that Ford didn't partake in Government funding. Ford knows exactly what they were doing & have accomplished their bulls!t goal.
You're really bothered by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7KB...layer_embedded
Isn't it called a loan when you borrow money against your assets?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
You're really bothered by this.

Isn't it called a loan when you borrow money against your assets?

I'm bothered by large American Corporations & Congress. The add is total bullsh!t & was meant to be so...period!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Old 10-14-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
note: I didn't watch the video

Any ad that bashes annoys the crap out of me. Tell me why I should get YOUR product (or in the case of politics, why I should vote for you), do not just tell me why the other company or other guy sucks. That is crap marketing, IMO.

I don't mind a comparison, i.e. "Ours does this, while the competition's comparable model only does this" (such as GM's ad comparing MPG of the Malibu to the Camry). That's fine. Just don't base your entire ad on why the other guy sucks.

My little rant and two cents.
Preach it man!!!

I think Ford has been ignoring the elephant in the room here. If we hadn't bailed out GM and Chrysler, all of the suppliers would've gone bankrupt too. Work would've ground to a halt at GM and Chrysler while the courts figured out a huge ******* mess for months. Ford uses all the same suppliers, so the suppliers wouldn't have any work or two of their customers paying them, so they would've all ended up in bankruptcy court. Ford wouldn't have been able to build cars or have any cash flow, they would've wound up in bankruptcy court as well.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Didn't Ford support the bailout? I'm pretty sure they did not want GM or Chrysler to go under.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Just don't base your entire ad on why the other guy sucks.
Kinda like that horrible ad in which Howie Long made fun of Ford for having a tailgate step? No wonder GM went bankrupt, they were bashing Ford's "man step" which is actually functional. You know you suck when that's the best criticism and commercial you can come up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGI8IRXRqpo
Old 10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AronZ28
If we hadn't bailed out GM and Chrysler, all of the suppliers would've gone bankrupt too.
Bull, that's what big government liberals want you to believe. Maybe some would have gone bankrupt; too bad for them. There would still be Ford and all of the Japanese automakers with a demand for car parts, and if there is a demand, there will be a supply for it.

If a company can't stand on it's own, let them fail. That's what free market capitalism is all about. When government starts picking winners and losers, well...actually they only pick losers. They pick losers and subsidize their failure with our money. It's hard to believe Americans so readily accepted the nationalization of private companies and banks.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's always amusing to see rabid GM fanboys drum up any excuse they can find to throw the public attention off the fact that their company of choice had to use tax payers' money to stay afloat. What's done is done. All 3 companies are starting to get into fine form, something you all should be more concerned with.

Get over it already. This ad ran for so short a time that I never even heard of it. The big 3 have engaged in mud slinging ad campaigns for years. The tooth fairy isn't real.....hasn't been since you were about 5 years old. No sense in getting mad about it now.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

How dare Ford run a bashing ad against GM!

GM would never make a ad bashing Ford
Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by X-ray
Bull, that's what big government liberals want you to believe. Maybe some would have gone bankrupt; too bad for them. There would still be Ford and all of the Japanese automakers with a demand for car parts, and if there is a demand, there will be a supply for it.

If a company can't stand on it's own, let them fail. That's what free market capitalism is all about. When government starts picking winners and losers, well...actually they only pick losers. They pick losers and subsidize their failure with our money. It's hard to believe Americans so readily accepted the nationalization of private companies and banks.
Possibly...or maybe that's just what small government conservatives want you to believe.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 AM
***Repost Police***

That's kinda the literal definition. I think it's terrible how dependent so many companies and people are on one corporation. That was a mistake in itself.

Quick Reply: New Ford ad bashes the bailouts