Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Cadillac Cue Technology!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to need a month to read the instruction manual, but it does look pretty cool
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I just saw something about CUE and searched here and found this thread... CUE is awesome. I hope it trickles down to other makes/models and other manufacturers start to follow.

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Say whatever the hell you want, but from a design/functionality standpoint this was Cadillac's best radio ever IMO. 5 band eq, manually adustable, don't have to go through a ******* menu like every other new radio after this point. All the buttons are clearly marked, and feel different. Manual tune ****, manually adjustable fader/balance. Honestly I haven't seen a factory radio with a five band eq since this debuted 15-20 years ago. Maybe some high end Benz, Audi, Lexus, and BMW products have a multi-band eq, but I've never been able to figure out the menus to adjust them.

Granted the tape player is rather dated, but put an aux input and a CD player into that button/eq design and it just simply works.

Ok, that is just plain stupid. A 20 year old radio was Cadillac's best? My Trans Am had an equalizer, and so did my 04 Jeep and my 06 and 07 Jeeps have one as well by pressing down on the volume button. I don't consider any of the cars I listed as 'high end' either...
Old 02-07-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly I haven't seen a factory radio with a five band eq since this debuted 15-20 years ago. Maybe some high end Benz, Audi, Lexus, and BMW products have a multi-band eq, but I've never been able to figure out the menus to adjust them.

Granted the tape player is rather dated, but put an aux input and a CD player into that button/eq design and it just simply works.
I think you'd be surprised
Old 02-08-2012, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
I think you'd be surprised
Well give me a current factory car radio that has a five band eq. Post it up.

Sorry if I seem out of touch, but they've made car radio displays a lot fancier over the years, but if you simply want to control the sound equalization and what speakers the sound came out of, well, they haven't improved over that 20 year design I posted.

I've owned both a 2005 Pioneer home stereo, 7 channel surround sound, and a 1975 Pioneer 2 channel receiver at the same time. Sold that stupid new tech stuff since my room shape was impossible to enjoy surround, and stuck with the old tech stereo.

In a basic 2 channel, floor speaker arrangement that old tech 1975 receiver pumps out a higher quality and way louder sound through the same speakers. It blew that new receiver out of the water for playing old records, CD's, and MP3's.

Just saying that sound/speaker technology hasn't changed much over the years.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well give me a current factory car radio that has a five band eq. Post it up.
Now it changes to current? Some Pontiacs, quite a few 80s and early 90s Chrysler products had them as well. Again your words:

"Honestly I haven't seen a factory radio with a five band eq since this debuted 15-20 years ago"
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Now it changes to current? Some Pontiacs, quite a few 80s and early 90s Chrysler products had them as well. Again your words:

"Honestly I haven't seen a factory radio with a five band eq since this debuted 15-20 years ago"
That's what I'm saying, even in expensive benzes and BMW"s now days all you get to adjust is the fader, balance, treble, and bass, and maybe the mids.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I'm saying, even in expensive benzes and BMW"s now days all you get to adjust is the fader, balance, treble, and bass, and maybe the mids.
You sure don't know what you are talking about. Research before you talk.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Don't get why you keep referring it to the Iphone.... It has nothing to do with a Iphone or its technology. Its CUE! haha
He is trying to get at the fact is that this isn't 1 off completely new tech.

I phones with similar software (pandora, maps) and hardware exist.

so making the Cadillac with virtual dash at a feasible price isn't a fantasy or just for a concept car.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm not a gadget-y type of person. But why do we need all this ****? The answer is we don't, we never did and we never will. It's amazing to me that people starve and die of diseases, wilderness gets chopped down and animals go extinct and people give a damn about a computer in a car. Majority of the members on this site can't afford it anyway. Oh the irony....but don't let me ruin the fun. Carry on by all means.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

New XTS commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJz1...re=uploademail
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Now this is pretty cool! Major props to Cadillac doing this...

Now you can play with CUE whether you're in your car or sitting at your desk. Every 2013 Cadillac XTS sold in the U.S. will include an iPad with a preloaded CUE training app

Quick Reply: New Cadillac Cue Technology!