Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks decent, for being covered up haha
Old 01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Why would they put production mirrors on a camouflaged test mule?
Ok smart guy. So these ain't the production mirrors? What your comment come back at you.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guess they were right on with their concept!

http://jalopnik.com/5859302/2014-cor...hotos/gallery/
Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I hope they don't put the dual clutch in it. If they add that then the next thing you know AWD won't be far behind it. I want a Corvette not a GTR.
Chevy doesn't need to put AWD and just because they put a DCT in the car doesn't exactly mean they would put AWD. DCT's should be an option, especially for those who are die hard road racers that want a trans that has precise shifts. I don't see any harm in advancing.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

If it's gonna be world class it needs AWD and a DC set-up.....no two ways about that. The quicker shifts and added traction will always make for a better, more consitant and well rounded car. The only way to battle those technologies it to get real with reduceing weight.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Testing traction/stability control systems?
The cold weather testing is standard stuff, all kinds of performance cars have gone through it, I remember seeing spy pics of the C5 doing the same thing.

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Guess they were right on with their concept!

http://jalopnik.com/5859302/2014-cor...hotos/gallery/
While Ive heard from "reliable sources" that that is really close to the real deal, how can you tell this half covered camo car looks like that?

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
If it's gonna be world class it needs AWD and a DC set-up.....no two ways about that. The quicker shifts and added traction will always make for a better, more consitant and well rounded car. The only way to battle those technologies it to get real with reduceing weight.
No, it really doesn't. AWD is not necessary (look at track times please), and adds complexity, cost and weight. The Corvette is a front (midship) engine RWD and always should be, its part of the driving experience.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Chevy doesn't need to put AWD and just because they put a DCT in the car doesn't exactly mean they would put AWD. DCT's should be an option, especially for those who are die hard road racers that want a trans that has precise shifts. I don't see any harm in advancing.
They may not need to but neither did Lamborghini and look what happened there. Nothing but AWD and paddle shift everywhere. While I still love Lambo's I miss the manual gearbox and RWD that the Diablo had.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
the c4 was ugly, and **** poor quality
Very good friend of mines has a '96 with 74k miles on it, I don't see any kind of flaws that particularly stand out on his car where I'm like "Ok, this car was just built like absolute crap". They are really no worse than F-Body's, I look at my car with 72k miles on it and look at his and I find a lot of the same type of issues between the two.

Originally Posted by jmurray87
Agree each time I see a C6 I just cant get over how good it looks even for a car thats been in production since 2005 it's a fantastic looking car (though interior needs improvement) so I really hope they dont screw up the C7 which from the pics the may be going in the right direction.
I think the interior is perfect on the C6's, it's not too nice where you kind of forget what you're driving, but it's not made like a Fisher Price toy either like the previous generations
Old 01-20-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The cold weather testing is standard stuff, all kinds of performance cars have gone through it, I remember seeing spy pics of the C5 doing the same thing.

While Ive heard from "reliable sources" that that is really close to the real deal, how can you tell this half covered camo car looks like that?

No, it really doesn't. AWD is not necessary (look at track times please), and adds complexity, cost and weight. The Corvette is a front (midship) engine RWD and always should be, its part of the driving experience.
It may not be necessary but look at the times the awd gtr puts out. Close to 10s in the quarter mile straight off showroom floor.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Man, IDK if it's just me, but it looks like ****. I liked the Stingray concept car they had, this just looks very big/tall and ugly IMO.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Agreed.

There should be two options:

1) Conventional Manual (6 or 7 speed)

2) DCT (lightning quick shifts, 7+ speeds)

JMO

They may not need to but neither did Lamborghini and look what happened there. Nothing but AWD and paddle shift everywhere. While I still love Lambo's I miss the manual gearbox and RWD that the Diablo had.
LP-550-2
Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
LP-550-2
I'm aware of that one but lets be honest it was the outcast of the lineup.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm aware of that one but lets be honest it was the outcast of the lineup.
Countach FTW. ...im sorry it was my favorite car when i was little.
before i even knew what lambo was.

annnyways, maybe by the time i can afford a vette, the C6 z06 will be as cheap as an f-body and i can ****** one up
Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So in your mind Ferrari isn't world class??

The day they make vette AWD is the day I stop liking them.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Very good friend of mines has a '96 with 74k miles on it, I don't see any kind of flaws that particularly stand out on his car where I'm like "Ok, this car was just built like absolute crap".

I think the interior is perfect on the C6's, it's not too nice where you kind of forget what you're driving, but it's not made like a Fisher Price toy either like the previous generations
Having previously owned a C4 and currently owning a C6, I don't know if I could agree with you any more than I already do.

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
It may not be necessary but look at the times the awd gtr puts out. Close to 10s in the quarter mile straight off showroom floor.
True.
And one should also look at the Corvette Z06, it too runs REAL CLOSE to 10s (and has actually hit 10s on one occasion) right off the showroom floor as well.
ZR1s do the very same as well of course.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
And one should also look at the Corvette Z06, it too runs REAL CLOSE to 10s (and has actually hit 10s on one occasion) right off the showroom floor as well.
ZR1s do the very same as well of course.
EXACTLY... Show me a GTR running these times stock with stock tires or DR tires only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zv5RDzwS4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_Rx..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EsA..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptZbF..._order&list=UL
Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 AM
***Repost Police***

A new GT-R can get pretty close to that 11.02...
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Just an FYI, the MK3 GT-R has already ran a 10.89 completely bone stock, down to the tires and not at a strip.
The MY12 is already on sale in Japan and is scheduled for release to the rest of the world pretty soon.

I can't wait to see what the next Corvette will be capable of.

Fast forward to 1:40 for the MY12 GT-R's time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEh1w3RfD3I&feature=pl
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Im talking about real tracks, ones with turns.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's gonna be world class it needs AWD and a DC set-up.....no two ways about that.

AWD...in a Vette??? A quote borrowed from Jeremy Clarkson; "Are you MAD (crazy) man?" A Vette w/ training wheels is just sacrilegiuos. Gotta leave some fun & drivers' input in a performance car. That's done by leaving the manual trans & rear wheel drive alone. Dual clutch aside, technology has gotten car performance to the point where an 89 year old nun can drive a 24 hrs of LeMans car in the actual race.

Performance car road course racing has gotten to the same point as drag racing where the results are more related to the cars' technology than to the skill of the driver. Really sad, IMO.

I'm still pissed that Congress mandated traction control. F'ckn a$$holes need to leave their laws off of my car.

Quick Reply: Corvette C7 Prototype caught testing