Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 Cadillac ATS-V Pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Yup, I read that too. I also read that they are still testing a V8 option, so it could be possible to have a V model with 2 engine options. That would be interesting...

(V8 testing could also be for the next gen Camaro, since they share this chassis. Only the insiders know for sure though - that's my speculation.)
I agree.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, I read that too. I also read that they are still testing a V8 option, so it could be possible to have a V model with 2 engine options. That would be interesting...

(V8 testing could also be for the next gen Camaro, since they share this chassis. Only the insiders know for sure though - that's my speculation.)
Interesting thought. If the ATS is aimed directly at the 3-series. A TT HF V6 would fit the market. Competing in that segment requires higher technology (I know we all love the OHV V8, but I am talking about buyer perception). You wouldn't get all the C&D "But it has a lowly pushrod motor" BS, even as it torches the competition. It would also serve as a break from the evils of badge engineering. I would not be devastated if the ATS-V had a TT V6 and the Camaro was a OHV V8.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No shot.. GM would never offer the V with 2 engine options. Cost would be through the roof. Think of how much potential there is with a TT DI V6.. for both power AND fuel efficiency. You have to imagine that just like all other FI cars off the showroom the tune is conservative to moderate and that a more agressive tune will safely make a ton of power. The ATS-V needs to be the class leader in technology in order for it to sell, otherwise why not just by an M3. As much as I and everyone else here loves our pushrod V8s, there will not be one in the ATS-V for that reason alone.

Some more ATS and ATS-V pics:

Cadillac ATS pics and Cadillac ATS-V pics @ ATS-V.com

And shameless plug here, but ATS-V.com is my buddies site.. it's a brand new site dedicated to the ATS and more specifically the ATS-V and the performance side of it. Anyone who joins from now until July 4th and makes a couple posts enters into a chance to win a t-shirt and a 25$ gift card of your choice. We update it every day and we can't wait for the ATS-V to come out so we can get our hands on one

Last edited by 02firehawkT/A; 05-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02firehawkT/A
No shot.. GM would never offer the V with 2 engine options. Cost would be through the roof. Think of how much potential there is with a TT DI V6.. for both power AND fuel efficiency. You have to imagine that just like all other FI cars off the showroom the tune is conservative to moderate and that a more agressive tune will safely make a ton of power. The ATS-V needs to be the class leader in technology in order for it to sell, otherwise why not just by an M3. As much as I and everyone else here loves our pushrod V8s, there will not be one in the ATS-V for that reason alone.
You make a strong point. I read on GM Insider that the V8 is being tested, but now I'm pretty convinced it is just preliminary testing for the next Camaro. I think that TT V6 will be damn strong, especially after a tune (as you mentioned).
Some more ATS and ATS-V pics HERE @ ATS-V.com

And shameless plug here, but ATS-V.com is my buddies site.. it's a brand new site dedicated to the ATS and more specifically the ATS-V and the performance side of it. Anyone who joins from now until July 4th and makes a couple posts enters into a chance to win a t-shirt and a 25$ gift card of your choice. We update it every day and we can't wait for the ATS-V to come out so we can get our hands on one
I've been a member there for a little while now. There and GM Insider is where I read up on the development of this car. Seeing as it is the same platform as the next Camaro, I'm very interested to read/learn as much as I can about the ATS/ATS-V.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

I've been a member there for a little while now. There and GM Insider is where I read up on the development of this car. Seeing as it is the same platform as the next Camaro, I'm very interested to read/learn as much as I can about the ATS/ATS-V.
Nice! Be sure to enter into the New Member Contest if you haven't already. All you have to do is make a couple posts and you're in. My buddy is probably going to bump the $25 gift card to $50 as well plus the ATS-V.com t-shirt which is coming out nice btw

Cadillac ATS at the NY International Auto Show

Currently have that picture as my background^^ real nice shot of the front end

Last edited by 02firehawkT/A; 05-19-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Cadillac ATS Analysis Inside & Out

Last edited by 02firehawkT/A; 05-19-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Currently have that picture as my background^^ real nice shot of the front end
Good lookin' car.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Are these on sale yet?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Are these on sale yet?
Cadillac for some reason has been very shady with releasing information for this vehicle. They seem to be giving away info bit by bit slowly. I'm hearing that they'll be available on the lot in late July with all official specs and information being released within the next week or two for pre-orders.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Default ATS takes on the BMW 3 Series

Gm delivering a solid ***-kicking

Cadillac ATS vs. BMW 3 series

Last edited by 02firehawkT/A; 05-19-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmm Brembo's on a non V model? Very cool!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't wait...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Cadillac User Experience (CUE) in the ATS:

Cadillac ATS with CUE

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Cadillac ATS-V Pic-cue.jpg  

Last edited by 02firehawkT/A; 05-19-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man I really hope people buy this car & that Cadillac advertises the ****! out of their new line ups... I don't know but GM advertising has always been poor. I feel like a see a Chrysler 200/300 commercial everyday along with BMW, Lexus, & Mercedes. Cadillac has taken a big risk in changing their line up & finally getting out of that "old person car" that a lot of people think of when they hear Cadillac. Its to bad you don't see to many CTS or CTS-V on the road. I see more M3 or other CTS competition driving around Cadillac NEEDS a big boost. Hopefully these cars will be it!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Man I really hope people buy this car & that Cadillac advertises the ****! out of their new line ups... I don't know but GM advertising has always been poor. I feel like a see a Chrysler 200/300 commercial everyday along with BMW, Lexus, & Mercedes. Cadillac has taken a big risk in changing their line up & finally getting out of that "old person car" that a lot of people think of when they hear Cadillac. Its to bad you don't see to many CTS or CTS-V on the road. I see more M3 or other CTS competition driving around Cadillac NEEDS a big boost. Hopefully these cars will be it!
To this I say:

2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial most watched in Superbowl History

The general is not doing us dirty with this car. It is the real deal and they have proven that they are going to do what it takes to make it put the 3-series to shame. The ATS project was one of the few new projects that GM did not pull back on during their economic woes. I really can't wait to lease my ATS 3.6 AWD with CUE in midnight black..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

To this I say:

2013 Cadillac ATS Commercial most watched in Superbowl History

The general is not doing us dirty with this car. It is the real deal and they have proven that they are going to do what it takes to make it put the 3-series to shame. The ATS project was one of the few new projects that GM did not pull back on during their economic woes. I really can't wait to lease my ATS 3.6 AWD with CUE in midnight black..
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

I think the best way to make this marketable is to make it a boosted V6, that way you show the image of advancing technology from GM as well as prevent from stealing thunder from many of the other LS powered cars. In order to sell you must move forward.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I think the best way to make this marketable is to make it a boosted V6, that way you show the image of advancing technology from GM as well as prevent from stealing thunder from many of the other LS powered cars. In order to sell you must move forward.
This is pretty much bang on IMO. A TTV6 will keep the power output away from the CTS-V as to not undercut it but also have a ton of potential and provide a very stout amount of power from the factory.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Question Possible future ATS-V engine?

These (CTS) pics surfaced today but could hint at what's to come for the ATS-V as well:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-2014.html

Quick Reply: 2014 Cadillac ATS-V Pic