Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Road and Track ZL1 vs GT500

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Always bringing up the shitty gas in Virginia, and my Taurus (16s car, btw...on a good day). Pretty sad.
This is the problem. Your to hard headed to understand that there are other places w/o the highly subsidized e85 besides VA, like NC and CT. Then you want to use it as a band aide of excuses for little motors.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This is the problem. Your to hard headed to understand that there are other places w/o the highly subsidized e85 besides VA, like NC and CT. Then you want to use it as a band aide of excuses for little motors.
And you are too thick-headed to realize that there are places outside your little bubble. If you didn't see it, it never happened. And if somebody builds their car differently than your car, it is a compromised race car. Traditional weight reduction instead of painstaking work with a plasma cutter? Race car. Fuel higher than 91 octane? Race car. Drag-focused suspension/tires? Race car. You continuously use your car and your circumstances as excuses to invalidate what other people do. And literally every member of this site sees it, except for you. And little motors? Last I checked, 5.8 > 5.7. Oh but wait, I almost forgot about the LS7 in your garage...you haven't talked about it yet today.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Dude I have traveled all over the country with a ALMS team I worked for. All you ever do is talk out your inexperienced ***. Really.....91 octane, reachin for it there ain't ya bud. Did'nt GM stop making 5.7's in like oohhh like 04, nice try again.

As far as my ls7 goes.....you brought it up.

You mad brah?

Oh yea , forgive me for being creative and not gutting my car to get weight off of it. Any car guy with half a brain would give me props for a 3000lb fully functioning 4th gen SS Camaro.....but not you. You would rather ridicule someone for taking the road less traveled. I wonder where the half of your brain is.

Why don't you go hang out on a ford site instead of being on here making excuses for them.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 08-04-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Really, your gonna post up a race car...nice you tube racing. I bet that's the only type of racing you do. Do you even have a car?
Just an example that proves your "displacement"
This is why I say once the built bottoms start it's a done deal for the gt500. It's displacement is maxxed
comment wrong. It doesn't always matter how big your engine is.

And, yes. I do have a car and I sure as **** bet you it's little motor will hold up to boost better than your big bad LS6.

Last edited by -Ross-; 08-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Just an example that proves your "displacement" comment wrong. It doesn't always matter how big your engine is.

And, yes. I do have a car and I sure as **** bet you it's little motor will hold up to boost better than your big bad LS6.

Nice . I'm sure you know the limits of pump gas and a smaller engine. As far as it holding up better, I would'nt count on that.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jeez. Racing hypothetical modification schemes against each other is gay beyond reasoning. And arguing about how car X will compare with car Y after they've been pushed up to 1000hp is just completely pointless...as is trying to race two engines against each other on the internet. Last time I checked, people race CARS, not engines. The motor is only part of the equation.

How about we keep it about stock vs stock for now?...everything else just turns into a ****-slinging contest, as most of us here already know.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Jeez. Racing hypothetical modification schemes against each other is gay beyond reasoning. And arguing about how car X will compare with car Y after they've been pushed up to 1000hp is just completely pointless...as is trying to race two engines against each other on the internet. Last time I checked, people race CARS, not engines. The motor is only part of the equation.

How about we keep it about stock vs stock for now?...everything else just turns into a ****-slinging contest, as most of us here already know.
This is why I say zl1. It's the better car.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

And you are too thick-headed to realize that there are places outside your little bubble. If you didn't see it, it never happened. And if somebody builds their car differently than your car, it is a compromised race car. Traditional weight reduction instead of painstaking work with a plasma cutter? Race car. Fuel higher than 91 octane? Race car. Drag-focused suspension/tires? Race car. You continuously use your car and your circumstances as excuses to invalidate what other people do.
Didn't happen in front of his two eyes and doesn't have a GM badge=lies, happened in front of him, but he didn't work on the motor, and it's not a GM=they cheated, etc..It all boils down to no GM badge=junk in his eyes.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

What the hell is wrong with you guys? I said said they were both great cars. I even said the gt500 has more motor in it. But the ZL is the better car, you guys can't except that ot that the ls has more potential now and go over to svt and hang out.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 AM
On The Tree

This thread is proof of why I like picking with Hio
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Always bringing up the shitty gas in Virginia, and my Taurus (16s car, btw...on a good day). Pretty sad.
I'm gonna leave this here for ya since your such a smartass. Notice I'm not involved in this conversation.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...-stations.html
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna leave this here for ya since your such a smartass. Notice I'm not involved in this conversation.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...-stations.html
So run meth with pump gas. Next excuse please.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Dude I have traveled all over the country with a ALMS team I worked for. All you ever do is talk out your inexperienced ***. Really.....91 octane, reachin for it there ain't ya bud. Did'nt GM stop making 5.7's in like oohhh like 04, nice try again.

As far as my ls7 goes.....you brought it up.

You mad brah?

Oh yea , forgive me for being creative and not gutting my car to get weight off of it. Any car guy with half a brain would give me props for a 3000lb fully functioning 4th gen SS Camaro.....but not you. You would rather ridicule someone for taking the road less traveled. I wonder where the half of your brain is.

Why don't you go hang out on a ford site instead of being on here making excuses for them.
And here are your blinders again... I have always complimented your car and what you have done to it. But you talk about it ALL THE TIME like you created God's gift to the automotive world. It got really old years ago. Every single person here knows what you are going to say before you say it. It always has something to do with "race gas," "gutted tin cans," or your "little stock engine Camaro." Lay it to rest man.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock long block vs stock long block the gt500 will problably go further on "pump" gas based on the 07-12 gt500's and the past cts-v caddy's. It seems like the LSA motors need to run meth to hit the same numbers as the old 5.4's on the pump which since your making huge power on a cast motor in a heavy car.

It's sucks that livernois sold the zl1 they had before putting a bigger blower on because I wanna see how far the zl1 will go before it blows like evolution did in their 13 gt500 which went 9.6's then BOOM!!!

Last edited by firebird99; 08-05-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by firebird99
It's sucks that livernois sold the zl1 they had before putting a bigger blower on because I wanna see how far the zl1 will go before it blows like evolution did in 13 gr500 which went 9.6's then BOOM!!!
I'd like to know how far it can be pushed as well. We know there are plenty of stock bottom end (LSA) CTS-Vs in the 10s and even a couple in the high 9s but I'm curious just how far it can go as well.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

And here are your blinders again... I have always complimented your car and what you have done to it. But you talk about it ALL THE TIME like you created God's gift to the automotive world. It got really old years ago. Every single person here knows what you are going to say before you say it. It always has something to do with "race gas," "gutted tin cans," or your "little stock engine Camaro." Lay it to rest man.
I did'nt mention my car until you brought it up. Someone else almost always brings it up. Then I have to retort.....or just take the bs and shut up. That's not gonna happen. If you don't want to hear about it don't bring it up.
Originally Posted by firebird99
Stock long block vs stock long block the gt500 will problably go further on "pump" gas based on the 07-12 gt500's and the past cts-v caddy's. It seems like the LSA motors need to run meth to hit the same numbers as the old 5.4's on the pump which since your making huge power on a cast motor in a heavy car.

It's sucks that livernois sold the zl1 they had before putting a bigger blower on because I wanna see how far the zl1 will go before it blows like evolution did in their 13 gt500 which went 9.6's then BOOM!!!
Not at all. The ls engine is much stronger. Case point- you don't see anyone hotrodding normal ford truck engines. I do believe the zl has been 9's on the ported oe blower. Smaller blower and still nippin the heels with no scattered parts.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

This thread has been HILARIOUS! Hio... You really have much to learn about the GT500, the modular engine family, the Coyote, the 6.2L Ford... Racing things in general... You're crackin' me up though, I'll admit!

I'll have to keep in mind that, mod for mod, as long you they're ONLY done to the ZL1, the ZL1 will have the advantage!

Just a blower swap, tires, tune, probably an entire fuel system and last, but probably not least, the new reciprocating assembly so the engine has a chance to stay together. BLAM! The ZL1 wins!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice . I'm sure you know the limits of pump gas and a smaller engine. As far as it holding up better, I would'nt count on that.
My helper:

Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not at all. The ls engine is much stronger. Case point- you don't see anyone hotrodding normal ford truck engines. I do believe the zl has been 9's on the ported oe blower. Smaller blower and still nippin the heels with no scattered parts.
Yes I know but that car was on race fuel not pump gas. I know of all the turbo stock ls cars and trucks but to compare a turbo to supercharged setup isn't fair.

Last edited by firebird99; 08-06-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
This thread has been HILARIOUS! Hio... You really have much to learn about the GT500, the modular engine family, the Coyote, the 6.2L Ford... Racing things in general... You're crackin' me up though, I'll admit!

I'll have to keep in mind that, mod for mod, as long you they're ONLY done to the ZL1, the ZL1 will have the advantage!

Just a blower swap, tires, tune, probably an entire fuel system and last, but probably not least, the new reciprocating assembly so the engine has a chance to stay together. BLAM! The ZL1 wins!
Well if the gt500 blew up at 9.6 and the stock bottom ZL went 9.8 and stayed together......hhhhmmmm You know what that tells me.

I know plenty about racing things.....I've been doing it for a long time and professionally for 17 yrs . Never pro drag racing though, just playing there.

Quick Reply: Road and Track ZL1 vs GT500