Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

srt-10 truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 05:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default srt-10 truck

I want that damn thing more and more evereytime I see it, today I saw a road test on tv and it did the 1/4 in 13.8 @ ??? (w/ pedaling alot due to loss of traction) they also said it had 4 catalitic converters and an EXTREMELY large mufller, and it makes 500hp and 525tq, if you figure the added bonus of a good exhaust system (I'm thinkin no cats w/ borla muffler) and air induction system, you should see around 550hp/570tq??,.... then add a set of slicks and 150 shot of n2o and..... , w/ the slicks alone it should be doin low 12's, and easy 11's w/ n2o.... maybe even 10.xx...... do they come in black?, I want one badddd, who else feels the same way?
Old 04-04-2004, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SRT-10 is a bad A$$ truck....Of course you will get some negative replys from the HATERS....People are like ohh the Lightning is faster, but guess what even if its not as fast as the lighting, it is one PIMP truck....

Old 04-04-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

is it 4wd and usefull as a work truck?
Old 04-04-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I saw it this past Friday and it looks very pimp. However, asking price was $68,988. Over 20k in dealer mark up.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, I saw them run it as an exhibition for opening day at Silver Dollar Raceway. The owner of the dealership was driving it. Ran it to a blistering 15.7. Not spinning badly at all. His wife beat him with an SSR running 14.7 or 14.8. He finaly got the SRT10s's ET down to 14.4. It is a cool truck and a great idea, but it is only so much hype. Hmmmm sounds just like the lame *** hemi trucks. Oh wow those are from Dodge too! What a coincidence. Hey they also had an SRT4 out there with them running 13.4s and 13.7s! That was pretty decent until he PURGED THROUGH THE HOOD! So now we have a turbo charged nitrous car running mid 13s. Simply brilliant. Hey thats a Dodge too. Anyone noticing a pattern here?
Old 04-04-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha the hemi trucks suck soo much *** its not even funny, I wonder if the guy knew how to drive the srt10 truck, if you think of a full size truck w/ a viper v10 engine and 500+hp and tq, its gotta go faster than 14.4, I'ma have to call bs on the driver, of corse for the price I could get a used viper......... ehh, that much more money into my camaro would be a better ideaw anyway
Old 04-04-2004, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

I'm sure it can go faster than 14.4 . It just doesn't. Kinda like the mach ones. And the srt4. They run what they run.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

I think they look pretty cool, but they're trying to compete with the Lightning, which is just as quick or quicker...and they cost about $20,000 less. I just don't see many people spending $50,000 on a sport truck. There's a new black one at the Dodge dealer by my house and the dealer has it marked up to about $55,000. I'd rather have a C6 personally.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

i knowtice a pattern. motor trend clocked that truck in a 13.1 (fastest production truck). motor trend also clocked a viper 11.75 or something like that(faster then a Z06, and it was in a direct compairision of ford's GT) sbrc ram hemi, outran a SS silverado in motor trends testing and kept on a harleyf-150's heels. dakota r/t, fastest compact truck on market today(cyclones and typhoons were faster) srt-4 fastest domestic sport compact. i knowtice a pattern. sounds like dodge is kicking all other american car's/trucks asses from the factory! btw the srt 4 does come in black or red, and only comes in 6speed
Originally Posted by BadAndy
Wow, I saw them run it as an exhibition for opening day at Silver Dollar Raceway. The owner of the dealership was driving it. Ran it to a blistering 15.7. Not spinning badly at all. His wife beat him with an SSR running 14.7 or 14.8. He finaly got the SRT10s's ET down to 14.4. It is a cool truck and a great idea, but it is only so much hype. Hmmmm sounds just like the lame *** hemi trucks. Oh wow those are from Dodge too! What a coincidence. Hey they also had an SRT4 out there with them running 13.4s and 13.7s! That was pretty decent until he PURGED THROUGH THE HOOD! So now we have a turbo charged nitrous car running mid 13s. Simply brilliant. Hey thats a Dodge too. Anyone noticing a pattern here?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:56 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
is it 4wd and usefull as a work truck?
No it is 2wd. I guess you could use it as a work truck. I don't think I would pay $45,000+ for a short bed work truck.
I would love to have one. I think they look tough as hell. Can't beat all of that torque.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:09 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

then add a set of slicks and 150 shot of n2o and..... , w/ the slicks alone it should be doin low 12's, and easy 11's w/ n2o.... maybe even 10.xx...... do they come in black?, I want one badddd, who else feels the same way?
Dude quit bogartin', I want summa that.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Launching!

For a truck their bad ***,add mods and a few tweaks and they`ll do a fine job on the street.
Dodge has been quite for a long time and the haters are quick to jump on anything new from less popular venues.

DODGE IS COMING people and the General needs to be watching
Old 04-05-2004, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

i knowtice a pattern. motor trend clocked that truck in a 13.1 (fastest production truck)
I think its wonderful that you put so much stock in sponsor ***** mags like Motortrend and Popular Hotrodding. These guys are slobbing all up and down Dodge's ****. They've got great articles detailing all the brand new technology the hemi uses. It reads almost like a checklist of things GM has been doing with the LSx program for 7 years. I liked the article about how the new hemi head just can't be beaten for flow due to its "superior" design. They then proceeded to flow a set that had been hogged out, claiming it couldn't be topped. I wonder why they didn't just turn 20 pages in THE SAME ISSUE OF THE MAGAZINE and look at the new AFR heads that kicked the **** out of the hemi by ~30-40 cfm. Nice example, by the way. You know you have a good comparison when you have an 8.3 litre, viper powered, sbrc 6 speed VS. an underpowered 6.0 litre, heavier, crew cab, 4 speed automatic truck. Everyone already knows the SS Truck sucks, except GM. You magazine guys kill me. I'd much rather look at what actually happens, as opposed to what is supposed to happen. We like to call these things "reality." Dodge=HYPE. But if you like em, its great. Buy two.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

are the afr heads aftermarket or what, i'm not familar w/ them. btw i wouldn't say hemi heads are the best flowing out there, but the hemispherical chambers is what makes them gravy, argue with hemisphereicaly shaped heads being supreme, you really are bad, andy. i did have a good compairison to the SS, it was a regular 1500 hemi sbrc truck for half the price, to compair the ss to the srt10 is not even a contest. and fyi, i know a guy who just bought (highly overpriced might i say) he heated up the tires on those 22's and broke 13's. got the slips to prove it. now tell me andy, do slips lie? i realize how magazines work, they offer fact and there own opinon (i can't spell). i would buy two dodges if i could, but one day when i have kids i wanna be able to put 'em through college.
I think its wonderful that you put so much stock in sponsor ***** mags like Motortrend and Popular Hotrodding. These guys are slobbing all up and down Dodge's ****. They've got great articles detailing all the brand new technology the hemi uses. It reads almost like a checklist of things GM has been doing with the LSx program for 7 years. I liked the article about how the new hemi head just can't be beaten for flow due to its "superior" design. They then proceeded to flow a set that had been hogged out, claiming it couldn't be topped. I wonder why they didn't just turn 20 pages in THE SAME ISSUE OF THE MAGAZINE and look at the new AFR heads that kicked the **** out of the hemi by ~30-40 cfm. Nice example, by the way. You know you have a good comparison when you have an 8.3 litre, viper powered, sbrc 6 speed VS. an underpowered 6.0 litre, heavier, crew cab, 4 speed automatic truck. Everyone already knows the SS Truck sucks, except GM. You magazine guys kill me. I'd much rather look at what actually happens, as opposed to what is supposed to happen. We like to call these things "reality." Dodge=HYPE. But if you like em, its great. Buy two.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

My bad. Thought you were comparing the SS to the SRT10. That SS truck is a turd, though. Extremely dissapointing. But then again, so is the new hemi. Its not a true hemi head, and in addition has only so-so performance qualities. Not bashing you, more so the propaganda spreading mags that seem to be swinging from Dodge's nuts. I did say I knew the srt10 could go faster than 14.4 . But for the money, it damn well better. I might buy one to, gven the correct assload of unnecessary cash laying around.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:34 AM

I like the SRT-10 Ram. I think it's a neat truck. As far as the quarter times, I couldn't care any less. You've got a 500hp Viper engine in a big, heavy, unaerodyamic sled, so its' 13+ sec quarter isn't bad in my book. I'm not a truck guy at all, but I'd seriously think about this one. It rates right up there with Brock Yates sticking a 440 Wedge in his Trans Con Medical Dodge ambulance to do the real Cannon Ball Run in. I thought the MSRP on them was $45,000?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

oh yeah, i know how mags are ball suckers. i was just using them as a reference. its a real hot truck that will roll, i'd like to have one as well, as soon as trump adopts me, until then i'll never lay down that cash for a truck, muchless any car. btw, i might have to use your phrase, "snatchtastic 60ft" perty clever.
My bad. Thought you were comparing the SS to the SRT10. That SS truck is a turd, though. Extremely dissapointing. But then again, so is the new hemi. Its not a true hemi head, and in addition has only so-so performance qualities. Not bashing you, more so the propaganda spreading mags that seem to be swinging from Dodge's nuts. I did say I knew the srt10 could go faster than 14.4 . But for the money, it damn well better. I might buy one to, gven the correct assload of unnecessary cash laying around.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Almost as good as cooteriffic.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 12stones
btw the srt 4 does come in black or red, and only comes in 6speed
Dude not to bust your *****, but the SRT4s do not have 6 speeds, and come in several colors, blue, yellow, red, black, and I think silver also.
Now the SRT10 truck? Bad ***, but damn, the $$ There are several around here already. One dealer has a blue/white pace truck, and another guy bought a red on, had is disassembled and painted blue/white to save some $$ over the pace truck. He is having Sean Roe play with it, and is pushing around 500 to the wheels with some exhaust work! Damn fun trucks, too bad they are sooo heavy.
The next Lightning should be pretty bad *** too, unfortunately, it willl still be made by Ford!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

oops my bad, i ment srt10. yes those do only come in black or red and only 6speed. my bad. "cooterific"
Originally Posted by 30th TA 0219
Dude not to bust your *****, but the SRT4s do not have 6 speeds, and come in several colors, blue, yellow, red, black, and I think silver also.
Now the SRT10 truck? Bad ***, but damn, the $$ There are several around here already. One dealer has a blue/white pace truck, and another guy bought a red on, had is disassembled and painted blue/white to save some $$ over the pace truck. He is having Sean Roe play with it, and is pushing around 500 to the wheels with some exhaust work! Damn fun trucks, too bad they are sooo heavy.
The next Lightning should be pretty bad *** too, unfortunately, it willl still be made by Ford!

Quick Reply: srt-10 truck