Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Hennesey Venom GT 0-230 mph!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
This was Carroll Shelby's model of success....just saying. BTW, I'm not a Henessey supporter at all. But there are more important reasons not support his business than this.
I don't remember the part where Carroll Shelby parted out customer cars and charged people for stuff they weren't getting? I'm guessing that's what the last half of your comment is about ha.

For the price of this car there are SO many better ways to get there! I think you could buy 3 UGR R-package Gallardo's for the price of this car, and end up with 3 cars that are faster, more reliable, and not even comparable when it comes to quality. The Venom GT is a WAY overpriced kit car. Anyone who thinks differently needs to explain to me how a removable top being a $150,000 option is even remotely reasonable.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ehh because whoever has a Venom GT has money..... Could give a rats *** about anything else. Whoever owns a Venom GT could easily buy 3 UGR Lambos also. But they might just like the looks or something else on it. Yea we ALL know you can do a lot of things with cars for less money then buying a half mill or million plus car. But its not about the money for people who own these cars buddy.....
Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Ehh because whoever has a Venom GT has money..... Could give a rats *** about anything else. Whoever owns a Venom GT could easily buy 3 UGR Lambos also. But they might just like the looks or something else on it. Yea we ALL know you can do a lot of things with cars for less money then buying a half mill or million plus car. But its not about the money for people who own these cars buddy.....
I know, but usually the "buy X car and put X amount into it and it will be faster" isn't the same when the expensive car is basically a Lotus with a big engine in it being compared to much nicer cars. With as little R&D went into this car (from what I get out of everything I've read, it STILL isn't really a finished car), you could actually hire people to design and build you your own kit car for less money. This is a $150-200k custom made kit car, and Hennessey selling these for more than 5X that, AND having a $150k removable roof option (that should be more like 1% of that, ~$1500), proves to me that this guy is still just as big of a crook as he was when he was stealing Viper parts and charging people for parts they weren't actually getting.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gocartone
I know, but usually the "buy X car and put X amount into it and it will be faster" isn't the same when the expensive car is basically a Lotus with a big engine in it being compared to much nicer cars. With as little R&D went into this car (from what I get out of everything I've read, it STILL isn't really a finished car), you could actually hire people to design and build you your own kit car for less money. This is a $150-200k custom made kit car, and Hennessey selling these for more than 5X that, AND having a $150k removable roof option (that should be more like 1% of that, ~$1500), proves to me that this guy is still just as big of a crook as he was when he was stealing Viper parts and charging people for parts they weren't actually getting.
It's basically a Lotus with a big, mostly custom-made engine (despite the fact it's based around an LSX 427 block, the Venom's engine is mostly custom built by Hennessey) and featuring a vast range of modifications in order to adjust it to higher values of power, torque and speed. Its build requires transatlantic shipping (the bodies are prepared by Delta Motorsports of the UK) and it's being sorted out by small companies. Also, it is not a kit car. Kit cars are sold in parts to the owner, who puts it together. This is sold as a complete product from the factory.

Quick Reply: Hennesey Venom GT 0-230 mph!!!