Put it in the Grand National.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure I read somewhere that that is in the talks^
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal. Across the GM line up please.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
Stock yes (5hp) but the LS3 has a lot more left in it. Where as the the V6 is pretty much tweaked to the max
Everyone said that about the Coyote as well......
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-Z/28
Everyone said that about the Coyote as well......
They were. Ported heads/cams and they only make about 70hp more over full bolt-ons. Not to mention any of the really fast ones on a race gas of some sort. At least they do respond to bolt ons, the n/a **** ford built for the 15 years before didn't even do that. Most of the gains they have seen has been in their chassis......which is the way with alot of cars.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They were. Ported heads/cams and they only make about 70hp more over full bolt-ons. Not to mention any of the really fast ones on a race gas of some sort. At least they do respond to bolt ons, the n/a **** ford built for the 15 years before didn't even do that. Most of the gains they have seen has been in their chassis......which is the way with alot of cars.
How much power are they gaining over stock with bolt ons? Then add your 70hp estimate to that. They're not topped out NA in stock form. I bet this new TT Cadillac motor will be the same. I bet it picks up quite a bit of power from bolt ons and turning up the boost a bit.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

This is actually really disappointing. Why? Becuase the gas mileage is the same or worse than an ls3/ls1/lt1 So what is the point? This is just going to give college kids like myself an excuse to rice out these cars just like the Chevy Cobalt ss. My opinion is that these are going to be an embarrassment to GM/chevy and not at a good time. I almost think this is going to end up like the bmw 335i vs. m3. They fight and argue with each other in the bmw world and both try to defend why their car is better than the other when their both bmw 3 series. I6 turbo vs. v8. Its gonna be the same with the 3.6 tt vs. cts-v superchaged, and I'm willing to bet the v6 is going to be faster when modded. I think it'll be kinda sad really, and would be disheartening to supercharged fans and cts-v fans.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Damn there was a guy over on the 2014 LT1 thread that was talking about this twin turbo engine way back in December claiming he had insider information. Holy **** he was right this engine is real! 420hp can't wait to turn up the boost and add e85! The CTS V is going to be nasty!

I'll toast to that!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Robbie Wilson
This is actually really disappointing. Why? Becuase the gas mileage is the same or worse than an ls3/ls1/lt1 So what is the point? This is just going to give college kids like myself an excuse to rice out these cars just like the Chevy Cobalt ss. My opinion is that these are going to be an embarrassment to GM/chevy and not at a good time. I almost think this is going to end up like the bmw 335i vs. m3. They fight and argue with each other in the bmw world and both try to defend why their car is better than the other when their both bmw 3 series. I6 turbo vs. v8. Its gonna be the same with the 3.6 tt vs. cts-v superchaged, and I'm willing to bet the v6 is going to be faster when modded. I think it'll be kinda sad really, and would be disheartening to supercharged fans and cts-v fans.
Assuming the new CTS-V has the same old horsepower as the old model, 556hp, I really doubt the 3.6L twin turbo will add 126 hp with simple bold ons. 500?? Probably. But I bet the torque is no where near the LSA. And don't forget that the CTS-V is more than an engine. It will always be cheaper to mod a lower model to get near a top model's engine performance. But you are not getting the rest of the package.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robbie Wilson
The CTS isn't an entry level car like a Cobalt SS so there's no way young kids will be able to afford them for many years to come. Besides there no way the V6 will out power the V8 when they both have forced induction.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:26 AM
ZV8
12 Second Club

When are they coming out with the light trucks again??? that TTv6 would make a sweet new cyclone or typhoon!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ZV8
When are they coming out with the light trucks again??? that TTv6 would make a sweet new Syclone or typhoon!!!
Fixed that spelling for you
YES! And Grand National.....
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HarshReality
Damn there was a guy over on the 2014 LT1 thread that was talking about this twin turbo engine way back in December claiming he had insider information. Holy **** he was right this engine is real! 420hp can't wait to turn up the boost and add e85! The CTS V is going to be nasty!

I'll toast to that!
everyone knew it was real... there were back round pictures of it floating around..

Quick Reply: Cadillac confirms 420hp TT V6 for 2014 CTS