TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2014 GM pickup Recall?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...etsNews&rpc=43

Not too many, at least.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Pretty much all that have sold. Passenger air bag won't inflate all the way. Nothing drive train related, which is the only recall I really care about.

EDIT - I just remembered when reading about this earlier today, the article stated that GM makes $12K profit on each full size truck! Holy ****! Lower that price by $5K and instantly become the number 1 selling truck. ****, Chevy and GM could go 1-2.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

I would care about the airbag issue because if it fails in a crash, even if the passenger was not hurt, some jackass WILL sue GM!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

People sue when they do work...
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, but not the manufacturer... at least not expecting to win. If ya sue a company because their product WORKED, you're already an idiot anyway.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

at least they caught it quick and I'm guessing its a defect by whoever supplies the bag
Old 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Pretty much all that have sold. Passenger air bag won't inflate all the way. Nothing drive train related, which is the only recall I really care about.

EDIT - I just remembered when reading about this earlier today, the article stated that GM makes $12K profit on each full size truck! Holy ****! Lower that price by $5K and instantly become the number 1 selling truck. ****, Chevy and GM could go 1-2.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember it being said a few years ago that if you combine Chevy and GMC truck sales they do in fact beat Ford's. The only way Ford can keep the "#1 selling truck brand" is to keep counting the Chevy and GMC brands as separate, though they are both GM and share the majority of parts.

Also I'd be shocked if Ford and Dodge don't run similar profit margins on their trucks/SUVs. This is the big 3's bread and butter. That $50K fully loaded truck or $70K fully loaded SUV doesn't really cost that much more to build than that $30K truck or $40K SUV.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Some years back, Chevy/GMC combined sales DID outpace Ford. That hasn't been the case for awhile now, as GMC sales have slipped considerably ... or they just never were that great... whichever.

When all "trucks" listed below medium duty are included, Ford has outsold GM outright since at least 2010 from a quick check. If the Super Duty(which outsells GM by about 2:1) is removed and just 1/2 ton pickups are included, GM outsells the F-150 in many year after yr comparisons. Overall sales though, it's not been all that close for at least a few yrs.

Bottom line: Ford is KILLIN' IT! They may actually give a strong running to outsell GM and RAM combined on the heavy duty side... It's all but amazing how many they sell. That goes to the hundreds of fleets and repeat buyers alike. Ford has been Americas #1 selling pickup for 36yrs straight and in Canada for at least 45(again, quick check, could be wrong).

Through July 2013, Ford showed 427,935 units sold for the yr(all F-series). Chevy was at 284,666... Include GMC and that goes to 388,881. Include Avalanche, it goes to 402,255. Add in Escalade sales, 403596. Canyon has sold 898(WHAT?) and Colorado adds 3,241 for a grand total of 407,735 pickups sold or, 20,200 fewer units than Ford so far this year. If the Nissan Titan and Honda Ridgeline were added, Ford would be outsold... The good news... Those last two brands aren't selling well either!

GM has added roughly 19,000 more in sales over last July with the new 2014 hitting the market and the 2013 sales, offering big incentives.
NO DOUBT, these pickups are giving massive profits to their makers. That's the great news! They'll need it to pay off all the unions, etc.

EXAMPLE of profit... I was looking at the Fusion yesterday and a guy came in with his GT500(2012), getting everyone to look... My salesman said, "Oh, that's the guy here for the F-250 4X4 sitting under the roof."... I looked over and this MASSIVE 250 sits there, jacked up, etc. I asked about the price... $73,000... WHAT? A PICKUP TRUCK??? Yup... He traded the Shelby!!! Drove off like it never was nothin'.... I don't care if I can afford it, I would never do that unless I was a MULTI-millionaire.

Quick Reply: 2014 GM pickup Recall?