Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Revealed - All-New 2015 Chevrolet Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like, far better then the junk they had before.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I like it!! Hopefully it can give the Tundra a little competition!
Tacoma*. This truck looks ok, not having a manual option is really gonna alienate some buyers though. I got a V6/6spd manual Frontier back in '05, and one of the main reasons was because it was the only compact/midsized truck at the time that offered a manual with a decent engine.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id trade my silverado for one if they offered it with the 5.3.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

GM Engineers have said (during reveal) to "stay tuned" for the manual option. Keep in mind, this truck doesn't begin production for another 10 months. Plenty of time to work in a manual if they wanted. My guess is it will be offered in year 2 along with the diesel engine.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:30 PM
***Repost Police***

10 months!? The Colorado/Canyon were mediocre when they were first released, and have improved only marginally since then...getting more than a little long in the tooth.

Last edited by Irunelevens; 11-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The truck looks great! I can`t wait to see an actual comparison test between this and a Tacoma.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit disappointed about the lack of options (5.3, regular cab), but apart from that, bring it on!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Fury
No regular cabs.
No manual transmission option.
No 4.3 V6.

The truck looks great, in my opinion. I'd be willing to order on day 1 if the 4.3 were an option. I just don't see the 3.6 having enough grunt to tow, and I'll need my next truck to be able to tow a 4500 lb boat. I'll be waiting for the diesel, and hoping GM doesn't premium price it to the moon.

Also, Canyon is slated to be unveiled in Detroit in January.
You kept talking about the 4.3 and I kept thinking of the old 190hp gas hog from the old Blazers and etc. I thought you were high. Turns out I'm just out of touch with the truck market. 285hp-305ft/lb not too shabby in a little truck. I would drive the crap out of that thing with a 6sp auto, 4wd, Z71.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

eww . no more micro trucks. pretty much a geo metro with a bed.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
***Repost Police***

My Frontier was the perfect size for what I needed, not every truck has to be huge.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

It is kind of a handsome beast in person. The original new Colorado below, our version is the same truck with a nip and tuck.

For once we get the best version of an international vehicle. To say the styling touchup done for the US was an improvement is an understatement.

The rest of the world will probably get the US styling in another model year or so.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the ****... looks like a damn captiva with the back cut off. Its an abomination
Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

that silver pos needs to be totalled, now.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

All this talk about the 4.3L made me wonder a few things. So I went looking for reasons this engine would be wanted and concluded, it's not the old paperweight version, but the newest 4.3L available.

Okay, that question makes some sense. Of course, the 3.6L version will apparently offer as much as 6,700 lb towing... That's WAY more than any previous GM small truck. Most importantly, thanks to our wonderful scumbags in D.C., FUEL EFFICIENCY MATTERS! With that, the 4.3L was beaten out by the more efficient 3.6L and it's probably a good thing, considering EPA standards and the efforts GM makes to meet them.

Would be nice though, to see a 2dr and a nice, aluminum blocked V8, even though they'd never match the two...
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

180hp and 347ftl/lbs for the baby duramax (stock.) 400+ ft/lbs with a tune... this will be my next tow vehicle and DD (crew cab) and I bet it will get 30+mpg empty, the current model 2.8 isuzus get mid 30s highway... and this one has a lot of newer tech on it. Can't wait for the release

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013...1-duramax.html

Last edited by DietCoke; 11-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
What the ****... looks like a damn captiva with the back cut off. Its an abomination
You're looking at the silver one? Yeah, that's not coming here (thankfully). The red one is what we're getting. FAR better.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DietCoke
180hp and 347ftl/lbs for the baby duramax (stock.) 400+ ft/lbs with a tune... this will be my next tow vehicle and DD (crew cab) and I bet it will get 30+mpg empty, the current model 2.8 isuzus get mid 30s highway... and this one has a lot of newer tech on it. Can't wait for the release

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013...1-duramax.html
The transmission alone will raise economy... Near the end of the article, it says 200hp and 369 lb-ft for the new 2.8L, and better economy.

What I wanna know is, when will this engine, which they claim can meet US EPA standards, be sold IN America? Thailand isn't cuttin' it for me as I plan to live in America for the duration... I could see this being nicer for the Trailblazer on a cross country trip. I would expect it to be quiet and efficient, never skipping a beat up steep hills with cruise control set at even a paltry 65mph, even pulling a small trailer. Maybe it would downshift, but if that's smoothly accomplished, it's a winner.

Next question- How much more will we have to pay for this engine over gasoline? It's worth about $400 more and surely doesn't cost $400 more. Bet on a $1,200 or more price bump, just the same.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
The transmission alone will raise economy... Near the end of the article, it says 200hp and 369 lb-ft for the new 2.8L, and better economy.

What I wanna know is, when will this engine, which they claim can meet US EPA standards, be sold IN America? Thailand isn't cuttin' it for me as I plan to live in America for the duration... I could see this being nicer for the Trailblazer on a cross country trip. I would expect it to be quiet and efficient, never skipping a beat up steep hills with cruise control set at even a paltry 65mph, even pulling a small trailer. Maybe it would downshift, but if that's smoothly accomplished, it's a winner.

Next question- How much more will we have to pay for this engine over gasoline? It's worth about $400 more and surely doesn't cost $400 more. Bet on a $1,200 or more price bump, just the same.
Look at the cruze for a comparison. Isn't apples to apples, but assuming a 2-2.5k premium. Doesnt matter as the value it adds is far beyond that. Imagine what one of these new engines will do with emissions deletes and a tune. Going to be efficient beyond belief.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Look at the cruze for a comparison. Isn't apples to apples, but assuming a 2-2.5k premium. Doesnt matter as the value it adds is far beyond that. Imagine what one of these new engines will do with emissions deletes and a tune. Going to be efficient beyond belief.
I wasn't thinking about the differences after modification in the least. Most people who buy one will leave it factory stock the entire time they own it, so that just didn't enter the equation for me. No doubt, if the emissions crap is removed, economy will improve immensely. Great economy, imo, is a huge reason America is so far behind Europe in use of diesel engines in commuter vehicles. Our manufacturers and gov't. simply don't want that, though they claim otherwise. Stands to reason, of course. They make billions more when we keep wasting fuel. Why else are they implementing fuel wasting "emissions" garbage?

Still, the engine cost isn't worth the price difference required to own one in general. The problem is, too many EGGHEADS "run things" and overlook the simple logic that would tell the person with standard common sense, a lower price promotes sales and a higher price hinders sales. The same vehicle shouldn't cost thousands more, simply due to a different engine which actually costs nearly the same to produce and when talking about the scale of production automakers are typically on, it just isn't that much different in terms of costs.

I digress... I'd like to see this in production in diesel form, from the start of this new model. It isn't like the engine and transmission aren't yet available.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
You're looking at the silver one? Yeah, that's not coming here (thankfully). The red one is what we're getting. FAR better.
Both are the same vehicle, they restyled it for us though. That restyle will probably spread internationally as well.

Quick Reply: Revealed - All-New 2015 Chevrolet Colorado