Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

LSA Equipped BMW 5 Series First Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LSA Equipped BMW 5 Series First Drive

So although not a ZL1 Camaro or CTS-V, this build does have the heart of a CTS-V. And I have garnered a lot of information from this site over the last 4 years as I compiled parts for my initial engine install and for the new addition to the build adding the supercharger with the goal of over 800 hp on E85. I started the heart transformation on this car about 4 years ago with the initial install of a NA LS3 matted to a TR6060 transmission. I drove the car for 2 1/2 years NA with the final goal of the CTS-V supercharger. Got the first drive in with the supercharger Easter weekend during the COVID lockdown.

Don't ask about why I didn't use a ZL1 lid.....cause I literally had no room. LOL I was barely able to squeeze the CTS-V lid into it without cutting a hole in the hood. As far as heat exchanger, I wanted a sleeper look for the unsuspecting. I went the Killer Chiller route and its been awesome so far. Still doing some shakedown on the car so that when I do drop it off to the tuner, he can get the 93 Tune and the E85 Tune done in the same visit.

Drop in to check out the video my Son put together for his YouTube channel...

The following 2 users liked this post by Jetpilot10:
01FormulaTA (08-10-2020), Wolfsblut (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Really cool car, imo the E39 Facelift is the best looking car BMW ever made, and yours sounds glorious! Wish you many troublefree miles
The following users liked this post:
Jetpilot10 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome video/car, Good work!

Quick Reply: LSA Equipped BMW 5 Series First Drive