Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Formula 1 is dead to me.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well baseball did it at the allstar game 2 years ago............................
Old 06-21-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TanRchy
reading....

• failed to ensure that they had a supply of suitable tires for the race
This is sort of bogus. The tires were thought to be suitable until qualification when a late-breaking accident in two cars and failures in 6 others showed the tires were not suitable. The FIA failed to let the teams change their tires.
• wrongfully refused to allow their cars to start the race
While True, it's within the teams rights to not run cars if the team boss deams the conditions unsafe.
• wrongfully refused to allow their cars to race, subject to a speed restriction in one corner which was safe for such tyres as they had available
See Above, and I agree with the Team bosses here, that mixxing their cars on turn 13 at a speed restricted 100mph would put their drivers in mortal danger as Bridgestone equiped cars pass at 200mph.
• combined with other teams to make a demonstration damaging to the image of Formula One by pulling into the pits immediately before the start of the race
This was done to satisfy their contract with the RaceTrack. they were bound by that contract to put cars on the grid for the warm up lap. It's up to the team bosses to determine if said warm up lap shows unsafe conditions whether to pull off the grid.
• failed to notify the stewards of their intention not to race, in breach of Article 131 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

Article 131 states: "The starting grid will be published four hours before the race. Any competitor whose car(s) is (are) unable to start for any reason whatsoever (or who has good reason to believe that their car(s) will not be ready to start) must inform the stewards accordingly at the earliest opportunity and, in any event, no later than 45 minutes before the start of the race.”
They would appear to be in violation of this, by they were also bound by contract to grid the cars. I do not think they are bound to race if the team boss decides conditions are not safe.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Well baseball did it at the allstar game 2 years ago............................
Personally I think American Athletes striking over money is less tolerable than European athletes "striking" on safety....or more precisely striking turn 13 at 200mph.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Notice only the last item was backed up by a regulation. The other "charges" were definitely fabricated.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by technical
Notice only the last item was backed up by a regulation. The other "charges" were definitely fabricated.
For lack of a criminal charge the FIA is trying to do "Trial by Media".
Old 06-21-2005, 06:28 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Reckless
Weird? Never cared much for the open wheel stuff. I am a drag race fan. New race every 20-30 seconds

**** that ****. I'm with you man!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinkaze
Personally I think American Athletes striking over money is less tolerable than European athletes "striking" on safety....or more precisely striking turn 13 at 200mph.
No I agree my point was that the American public let it recover.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
yea thast y i said f..... u mlb and ima done with it its also why the ratigns keep going down and it has been replace by football and basketball as a favorite sport. not that i watch them that much i preffer cars but other people watch them.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any motorsport sanctioning body that says you can only use one tire for qualifying AND racing should have its head examined!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:29 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Try living here where they tried to have that race back in June. It's still getting airtime on the local news just about every night for various reasons, and the race was nearly a month ago.

No one here in Indiana really cared about the race in the first place, now we still have to hear about it after it never happened. I like to watch it on television from time to time, but have little desire to make the 1 hour trip to see them in person.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 is dead to me.