Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM Officially Debuts '07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005 | 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
And you won't be seeing any Camaro or Firebird concepts as it is well known that they cancelled the platform they were to be based on in favor of building what 'they' say the American public wants - more SUV's
there will be a concept in jan 06' for the new camaro, production models are slated for the 08'-09' model year
Old 09-21-2005 | 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by abadss
there will be a concept in jan 06' for the new camaro, production models are slated for the 08'-09' model year
Production is not slated for anything as of yet. IF GM decides to build a new Camaro the earliest we can expect to see anything on showroom floors is around 2009-2010. Knowing GM a GTO replacement, RWD Buick sedan and full size RWD Chevy sedan all come before a Camaro successor unless they find a cheap way to build a Camaro halo car similar to how they got the Solstice and Sky to showrooms in a relatively quick 18 months. While Lutz said Zeta is back on track, he said the prospect of importing cars is unlikely as GM doesn't make much money from the deal after taxes and price adjustments. Not to mention GM has a deal with Canada that states if they ever resurrect the Camaro moniker, the car will be built up north rather than in the US. There are a shitload of hurdles GM has to clear before they can give us a 5th gen Camaro, so while they said the earliest we may see a Camaro is 2009-2010, I'd say a year or two, possibly three after that tentative date is more realistic just to be on the safe side. Production is not slated for anything as of yet.
Old 09-23-2005 | 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

needs Big *** wheels
Old 09-24-2005 | 10:17 PM
10 second playa

I like it. Not too much, not too little.

Will the new Suburban come with a Duramax option this time around?

D.O.D can only do so much and I have a trailer to tow.
Old 09-26-2005 | 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think they should realize they fucked up and reproduce the 99-02 nose. LOLOLOL
Old 10-23-2005 | 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow very impressive. These are gonna be real sellers. How can you say GM screwed up. Their tahoe line is the best selling vehicle. This one only improves in almost every category.

For me and my family, i imagine the improved space and features and thers a lot to boot. Almost every downfall the tahoe had when i considered buying one has been fixed. The rear camera, park assist, bigger tv, power rear hatch (at least on yukon), power seats, and a NICE interior. wow all this plus a combined fuel economy of almost 21 mpg!! cmon guys thats impressive. Even SUVs in smaller segments cant meet that. this is gona be a hot one. ford better look out. and toyota better put some heavy duty work into teh next gen sequia because the original one looked to be a tahoe beater but sales said otherwise. well see. i think these next gen tahoe/yukon will be my next buy for the family.
Old 10-23-2005 | 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
Wow very impressive. These are gonna be real sellers. How can you say GM screwed up.
Styling is subjective, and IMO while the vehicle itself seems like a quality piece, I still hold my opinion that the styling is screwed up. By the looks of it, about half of the people in this post agree with me. The thing is, I'm pretty sure 99% of the people here would unanimously agree that the current Yukon/Denali is a sharp looking vehicle. To go from something that everyone universally likes to something that half of the people here criticize is somewhat of a backstep if you ask me. At least from an exterior design standpoint. I NEVER SAID that they screwed up the entire product. I applaud them for getting a 6 speed automatic into these fuel ****** and still finding the time to up the power.
Old 10-23-2005 | 02:55 PM
Naked AV

The interior is great, the 6-speed is cool, the power is admirable, but the outside looks like the love child of an Expedition and the last Jeep Cherokee. They screwed the pooch on styling.
Old 10-23-2005 | 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Naked AV
They screwed the pooch on styling.

as opposed to the 03+ silverados????
Old 10-28-2005 | 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not too fond of the exterior, too bland and "slab sided" as one other person put it.....that thing will take some warming up to get used to. I will say one thing tho, the interior seems to have taken LEAPS AND BOUNDS. The current interiors on those Tahoes are HIDEOUS! Good to see they cleaned it up!

Quick Reply: GM Officially Debuts '07 Tahoe