Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Bugatti Veyron tid-bit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WORKSHY
I wouldn't call a Hennesey viper a hack job!& it still comes with a full warranty, comeon would u take a VW over a Viper?
That first sentence is an oxymoron. The second one is possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

You keep calling it a VW car. Its not. Its a buggtti car.

VW owns Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, and Audi as well, so you wouldnt own one of those either?

Simply put, that thing is a supercar, like a Porsche Carrera GT, or the McLauren F1, and cannot be compared to normal cars, even cars as powerfull as a viper.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't care it's still ugly!from the back it looks fine but everywhere else no!& yes it's a production car & the others are tuner cars so wot!doesn't mean they do a crap job i'm just sayin they can achieve the same goal with less
2*V8s 4*turbos seems a bit of a gimmick when they just coulda use'd a big V8,10,12 & 2turbos
& yes it'll wax nearly eveycar on the road & still i don't care!if we all liked or drove the same thing just cos its better than everything else it'd be a pretty boring world
Old 12-18-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by glitch77
You keep calling it a VW car. Its not. Its a buggtti car.

VW owns Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, and Audi as well, so you wouldnt own one of those either?

Simply put, that thing is a supercar, like a Porsche Carrera GT, or the McLauren F1, and cannot be compared to normal cars, even cars as powerfull as a viper.

Nice line up of cars. Until about a year ago they also owned Rolls Royce and I am sure everyone remembers that VW used to own Porsche as well.

As to the Veyron, it is the fastest production car out there and no one can top the 250 mph top end. So, IMHO, if you are made of cash and want The FASTEST then you would probably get the Veyron or at the least consider it.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't care it's still ugly!from the back it looks fine but everywhere else no!& yes it's a production car & the others are tuner cars so wot!doesn't mean they do a crap job i'm just sayin they can achieve the same goal with less
2*V8s 4*turbos seems a bit of a gimmick when they just coulda use'd a big V8,10,12 & 2turbos
& yes it'll wax nearly eveycar on the road & still i don't care!if we all liked or drove the same thing just cos its better than everything else it'd be a pretty boring world
Apparently you haven't seen the top gear vid posted in the multimedia section. I probably wouldn't have been so gung ho about this car until I saw the vid. It is truly amazing. IMO before I watched this vid the Mclaren F1 was the most impressive supercar of all time but then I saw the facts that if you lined both of them up and let the Mclaren F1 take off and get to 120 before the Bugatti even started, the Bugatti would still beat it to 200. So yes if a "VW" is that badass I'll take it any day of the week.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep i watch the whole Top gear program listening to jeremy clarkson coming in his pants over that car!I love the Mclaren F1 if that had 1000hp & i had the cash then i'd serioisly want one + the fact that it would run rings around that veyron
Old 12-19-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep i watch the whole Top gear program listening to jeremy clarkson coming in his pants over that car!I love the Mclaren F1 if that had 1000hp & i had the cash then i'd serioisly want one + the fact that it would run rings around that veyron
Ok, what is your point. The veyron runs rings around the Mclaren in real life not some made up scenario. I love the Mclaren to but if something is simply newer better and faster you have to give it props facts are facts.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really are an idiot aren't you? The car is highly technical, is not some dreamed-up show car. It can blow the doors off anything on the road, yet you still want to criticize it? Why? You should be happy and glad you live in a time when they are still allowed to even make cars like this! Think about how shitty it was in 1979? Could anyone have imagined a car being built and sold to the public that could run with a full race Porsche 917/30? Look at the numbers of the Porsche 917/30 and compare to the stock, street driven Bugatti. It's simply amazing what this car is capable of. You criticize because VW owns the group? That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet! Do you really think people didn't buy Lamborghini's when Chrysler owned them? Do you think some asswipe like you was going, "I'd love to get a Lamborghini, but you know Chrysler owns them so they must be like K-cars."

As for styling, we cares what you think. Styling has and always will be subjective. Some people absolutely love Buick Riviera Boattails. I don't. Some people love the Ford Mustang. I don't. Ultimately, I don't think Bugatti really gives a **** whether you like the car or not. They know you like V8, live-axle, 80's styled, mullett-driven vehicles. They'll tell you that Bugatti is not the car for you. Plus, that little credit check will confirm it. Instead of criticizing the car, why not appreciate the things it does and that it's real.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look i don't like it!if you don't want peoples oppinions don't put up a post about it!if that car came out with only 300hp would you **** off over it so much?it looks like some multimillionares rice fantasy come true!stop expecting everyone to conform you guys like it fine!just don't expect everyone else to!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

I dont see how you guys can compare this car to a Viper. Everything on the Veyron is perfect. I love this car. If I had the money I would already be on the waiting list.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

But i'd still take a Z06,SRT10 anyday of the week! over any vw would you want it if it was a Honda?i wouldn't i think it looks ugly as f**k and where are you gonna do 200+ everyday i doubt it's claims 0f 2.5sec to 60 doesn't it way like 4800 pounds! the V8s alone apparently weigh 400each! this is just my personal oppinion i think it's crap!!!
I just had a vision of a 1000hp fwd car with a large rear spoiler, a coffee can exhaust, and neon underneath trying to launch from a stoplight.

Quick Reply: Bugatti Veyron tid-bit