Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Firebird Rumor.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a TA and a Camaro is not as simple as slapping a badge on another car and throwing some interior in it and making a diffrent body. You have tons of issues with making it. You have to have tooling to build two diffrent cars, you have to market two cars, you have overhead for desinging and building two cars. GM needs to test the waters with the Camaro build up a lot of hype and get a lot of attention, release it then see how it does, and do the same for the TA if the Camaro sales. GM just got to big for its own shoes when it developed 10 different car lines.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

I think everyone here needs to open there eyes and see what GM is seeing (through our eyes). Think about all of us here on the board that have f-bodies. Now think about how fast the miles are building up on them. Where do we go from here once our cars are on their lasts legs? Do we go to Pontiac and the GTO - No, we don't like it... Do we go to Chevy and the Corvette - No, we can't afford it. Well that leaves the new Mustang and the Challenger, so take your pick, which one do you want? "WHOAAAA!!!", says GM. "How bout we bring back the Camaro"? Well that got our attention didn't it! Now we are no longer seeking threads about the new Challenger, only the new Camaro. So now GM sees that we might be a little (just a little) dissapointed in the new styling of the Camaro and really grabs our attention with a rumor of a new Firebird! Now they've got us hooked, what Mustang? - what Challenger?... EXACTLY! GM needs our support and were not supporting them by arguing over which car to bring back - it doesn't matter which car you buy, all the sales will help the parent company -- GM.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Teching In

I for one hope it happens ... and it will be successful if they would only listen to the customer base. Who wants a "potato on wheels" GTO body style ?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chaman
I'm a moron?? You have 2,000 plus posts and still don't know how to use the "quote" function. I know, you were to busy looking in the dictionary for your cute words, right?......You just use cute little words for you opinions and try to pass them as facts....you sir are pathetic. And of course, they are my opinions, I wish I had the holy grail of knowledge you possess, oh you great automobile prophet!....

LMFAO

This is hilarious.

Chaman I agree with your previous post but you do come off condescending and insulting.

Still, I am gonna keep some of your charming remarks for the future in case I need to rip someone a new A hole.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by technical
A long, long time ago GM used to sell a GTO, Firebird, and Camaro. I guess it did well until the gas crunch. What's that phrase? History repeats itself....
You forgot the 442 olds, the Buick GS, Nova, Chevelle, Vette ect.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read this thread with interest and a little hope of a new T/A, although in England getting one could prove challenging!
But this thread started as WILL the T/A return and has turned into a war of WHY should it return. The factor that no-one has mentioned yet is the simple emotion of brand loyalty,which I think you Chevy guys can understand too. Let's be honest an F-body gathering wouldn't quite be the same if all the cars were identical, face it the Camaro and Firebird compliment each other so as to give a better choice to the buyer.

Last edited by blackhawk66; 02-16-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: New Firebird Rumor.......