Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Nissan R35 GT-R Dyno:

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WECIV
"And your car will get raped because your torque is weak. Why did you round up to "~400" and not ~375?"

Depends on what his car weighs...it may not be a heavy *** boat like our cars.

W
Something tells me that guy is trolling, but that's just me.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 325trooper
And your car will get raped because your torque is weak. Why did you round up to "~400" and not ~375?
IN all reality if probbaly makes more than 400wtq on the street. Peak torque on big turbo, small displacement cars occures at peak boost. On the dyno(dynojet), this is at ~5800 in 3rd. On the street, full boost comes in it 4800 in 3rd and 4500 in 4th as datalogged via my EMS and 5 bar MAP snesor. So, I am sure the additional ~8psi or so from the spool up would contribute far more than 13wtq, hence the "~" . This was on 93 octane, 23 psi and ~11 deg timing (first dyno pulls on the new motor, making sure the tune was safe for the street).
As for weight, is a little over 3k with me and gas. I would like to lighten a little this year to help with the goal of mid 140s on e85.
As mentioned, torque output is not as important as you would think. The car stays in the power band after every shift, and I can make as much boost as I want on the line with the studder and antilag. Peak torque occurs much later in my application, but the car revs higher as well.
I actually joined here a while back as I was toying with the idea fo throwing together a LSx FD. I just know I would want similar power and it would just be too costly, only the be tire limited on the street.

As I said, it's all moot anyways since I never go out to play on 93 octane pump gas.

Are you finished or would you like me to waste more of my time untill you realize that you are an idiot?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

"Something tells me that guy is trolling, but that's just me."

True that but I remember in undergrad in OKC running into a few of those torqueless wonders that did surprise a few FBodies...but he may be trolling.

It would be nice to know what he has though.

W
Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hydramatic
No harm no foul bro. Sorry about being condescending and calling you names, it's not really my M.O. or what I like doing on forum's but it apparently seems I'm capable of it. I usually do a good job of keeping to myself on this side of the forum, however like chevracer83, misinformation is what bugs me the most on forums and you were a victim of it and now are repeating it which tends to be a vicious cycle. There's no reason why you can't have an opinion and it wasn't your opinion that was the issue but the things you said to support your opinion. I have lots of friends who love N/A cars as much as you do but none of them support their opinions by saying things such as "any real professional racer loves them too", etc... Was just the way you said things to support your opinions that irritated me because they were all misinformation. I'm not much of a supercharger fan myself but I would never claim to say that a turbo is better than a S/C or Natural aspiration. Again I wasn't trying to picking on you so please don't take any of what was said personally.

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
It seems like you guys always have time to call someone an idiot but never have time to explain why...
I think I did a good job of explaining my arguments with examples and facts but if I didn't let me know if there's anything you are curious about and I'll help in any way I can!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Hydramatic...
This post right here is what I mean by ignorance.

And your car will get raped because your torque is weak...
What's more important is what kinda car is nanokpsi driving? If he drives a truck (which he doesn't) then yes he would get raped. If he drives a car that weighs <3000lbs than I highly doubt he would get raped.
F1 car's have on average about 200 ft/lbs of torque, there's not a car in the world that can rape an F1 car.
(disclaimer for any morons out there. I'm comparing apples to apples so please don't say..."a dragster can rape an F1! )
Old 12-21-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Hydramatic
No harm no foul bro. Sorry about being condescending and calling you names, it's not really my M.O. or what I like doing on forum's but it apparently seems I'm capable of it. I usually do a good job of keeping to myself on this side of the forum, however like chevracer83, misinformation is what bugs me the most on forums and you were a victim of it and now are repeating it which tends to be a vicious cycle. There's no reason why you can't have an opinion and it wasn't your opinion that was the issue but the things you said to support your opinion. I have lots of friends who love N/A cars as much as you do but none of them support their opinions by saying things such as "any real professional racer loves them too", etc... Was just the way you said things to support your opinions that irritated me because they were all misinformation. I'm not much of a supercharger fan myself but I would never claim to say that a turbo is better than a S/C or Natural aspiration. Again I wasn't trying to picking on you so please don't take any of what was said personally.

I think I did a good job of explaining my arguments with examples and facts but if I didn't let me know if there's anything you are curious about and I'll help in any way I can!
Thanks...I guess I just didn't know what I was talking about and didn't know it....it doesn't happen often to me but when it does it's usually a doozy!

I looked back on ya'lls posts and it reminded me of how(a long time ago) I was on Contour.org trying to explain to the Ford fanboys that the Camaro SS is a better track vehicle than a non-IRS New Edge Mustang...NOW THAT was a battle!

Once again, I really hope I didn't get anybody confused on the real facs here. A big "my bad" guys!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man, this car is pretty sick, no doubt. It even held the unofficial title of "Corvette-Killer" for about 2 weeks. Haha. I'm glad there's finally some respectable competition coming from Japan. Especially since it's a Nissan and not a Toy, Honduh, or a Shitsu. Nissan is probably my favorite Japanese car company. I use the term "favorite" loosely, though. It's more of a least hated than a most liked kind of favorite. The torque & power curves look pretty good. It should be fun to watch the "Battles of the Boosted" between GT-R's and ZR1's that have upped the boost. I wonder what a Kenne Bell ZR1 would run? (any thread-hijacks with hypotheticals of KB ZR1's should be kept to a minimum, and if necessary, split into its own topic).
Old 12-22-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hrm? Really? You are going to be condescending too huh? I give up.

It's like ya'll just don't get it. Ok. My turbo info might not have been 100% correct(which I've admitted to the generalizations...), but my OPINION still stands, I, you hear that, I prefer NA, and so do many others. That's it.

I'm not taking a crap on the GTR, just saying it is a nice car which could've been made better if Nissan hadn't been all turbo-obsessed. Sue me if it's "inaccurate" or "moronic" to state my opinion on things, why don't ya?

If you want accurate info on the GTR this is not the site to get it from anyway...

Once again, in case the boys above me didn't hear me the first time, SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING. I've seen way worse just FLOAT ON BY most of ya'll, so give me a break. I'm not here to be your pariah.

Also, I AM aware of the basic functions of how engines work and a few of the intricasies(not all, I'm not exactly a professional engine builder like everyone on here seems to be...) involved with making them run better. Please stop calling me an idiot for no reason other than to make yourselves look better. It isn't appreciated, and it certainly isn't civil. It seems like you guys always have time to call someone an idiot but never have time to explain why...curious, no doubt.

In any case, I'm not going to contribute to the further detriment of this thread, so you guys just keep on ragging on me, I'm probably not going to answer you if it's full of spite like the majority of the ramblings on here. Have a good rest of the afternoon fellas.
reading over my previous popst i must apologize... it was a lil late, and i was obviously pissed about something i normally do not respond like that... That way wayy inappropriate... let me restate the way i put it to the way i should have said it..

"I hate when people put there opinions out and try to make them fact... i understand everyone has an opinion... i also have opinions. I have blown up engines both from my stupidity, and from frozen wastegates....

it happens mistakes happen stupidity happens.. I am in no way a pro engine builder... I have built more engines than i can remember but im not a bible by any means..

If i was condescending i apologize, thats all i can offer i am normally a much bigger man than that, I just had an off day... just please be open to other ideas, and please be willing to accept that what you think may not be correct so that we all can work together to get the most accurate and best information for everybody

sorry again..

-Shannon
Old 12-22-2007, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
reading over my previous popst i must apologize... it was a lil late, and i was obviously pissed about something i normally do not respond like that... That way wayy inappropriate... let me restate the way i put it to the way i should have said it..

"I hate when people put there opinions out and try to make them fact... i understand everyone has an opinion... i also have opinions. I have blown up engines both from my stupidity, and from frozen wastegates....

it happens mistakes happen stupidity happens.. I am in no way a pro engine builder... I have built more engines than i can remember but im not a bible by any means..

If i was condescending i apologize, thats all i can offer i am normally a much bigger man than that, I just had an off day... just please be open to other ideas, and please be willing to accept that what you think may not be correct so that we all can work together to get the most accurate and best information for everybody

sorry again..

-Shannon

But your such a lovable big guy though!!!
Ohh crap now we're bringing our crap onto other forums...
I'm heading back to the motherland! laters!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nanokpsi

Turbos are and always will be the best way to make power. Emmisions concerns, an older generation buyers that associate turbos with "unreliable" , as well as cost, all work against popular turbo use in the states. The new CAFE may help out though.

one of the cheapest and best ways to make power in an lsx is the almighty laughing gas ......nitrous f.t.w
Old 12-22-2007, 03:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMmexican
one of the cheapest and best ways to make power in an lsx is the almighty laughing gas ......nitrous f.t.w
actually if your bringing fuels into the equation of power adders...there are better ones than nitrous...
Old 12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WECIV
"Something tells me that guy is trolling, but that's just me."

True that but I remember in undergrad in OKC running into a few of those torqueless wonders that did surprise a few FBodies...but he may be trolling.

It would be nice to know what he has though.

W
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Well,

Let's get back to the topic since we're all in a better mood! Nanokpsi, stop feeding the trolls!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

And your car will get raped because your torque is weak. Why did you round up to "~400" and not ~375?
Stop posting.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The thing that really makes me mad is the whole 3.3 0-60 and the 11.6 1/4 mile time. First there was no trap speed and then Edmunds tested one and jumped on the whole much faster than a Z06 BS wagon. Its f'ing morons like this that make me mad. Do they not know how to read trap speeds? The 997 TT has tested as fast as 3.2 0-60 and 11.7 in the 1/4 mile, it still gets left in the dust by the Z06 at higher speeds.

Its like stock EVO RS's they run like 4.4 0-60 and 12.90's and they trap 103~ mph! So other than from a dig even a mild bolt on F-body would chew one up and spit it out.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually if your bringing fuels into the equation of power adders...there are better ones than nitrous...
Nitromethane perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tby5b...eature=related
The OTHER nitro!

"500 horsepower!"

"yeah?"

"She....she sucks Nitro!"

"Max...MAX! HE's in a coma!"
Old 12-22-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

im talking about affordable nitrous kits that are proven on street cars NX express,tnt)......not race car nhra fuels like nitromethane, personally ive never seen a street car running nitromethane, but seen tons of fast nitrous sniffing beast
Old 12-22-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nanokpsi
hey ur car farted when you revved it
Old 12-22-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nitromethane perhaps?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tby5b...eature=related
The OTHER nitro!

"500 horsepower!"

"yeah?"

"She....she sucks Nitro!"

"Max...MAX! HE's in a coma!"
LOL,
Old 12-22-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Unfortunately, yes Nitrous is cheapest way to make insane amounts of horsepower. Not my cup of tea but to give credit where it's due, that is cheap power.

Quick Reply: Nissan R35 GT-R Dyno: