Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The all out anti american toyota commercials

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely excellent video! It really goes to show that the Tundra doesn't really have quite the goods that the Silverado has! Just for comparison's sake, I'd love to see an F-150, Titan, and Ram do the same test!

Now...to spread that video all over the Toyota websites....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Excellent video. Tough to argue with!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Spread the video! You can't argue with facts. Well, you can; idiots do it all the time.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slonomo
They don't call it the "Toyotathon Backstabathon" for nothing!

Toyota sells about 2.5 million cars here annually, but the Detroit 3 combined sell less than 10,000 cars annually in Japan. Even the transplants here don't ship Hondas, Toyotas, etc. back to Japan.
Also, as far as I know the Detroit 3 are NOT allowed to build 'transplants' there, to ship ANYWHERE. Not that they would want to with the tax/fee/penalty raping that the Nippon M.O.T. would give them to do such.
Unlike here where we practically offer them our first born and daughters to build their **** for even bigger profits with NO tariffs, etc.

It's that type of thing that shut down a Ford plant in my community putting 700 out of work. Hey America, if we all pull together we can kill the Detroit 3 within 5 years. Come on, what do you say?
Sadly enough, there are waaayyyy too many sheeple/lemmings in this country that seem HELLBENT on doing just that in bold above. I guess it is a good thing to them to have to pay $60K+ for an f'ing Camry/Accord when that is all you can buy.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Just to play Devil's Advocate - was the 4x4 enabled on the Chevy?

Perhaps it's the Scottish or Irish blood in me, but I'm just as offended by them destroying "perfectly good" vehicles as I am about all of them being American.

I can think of another message they may be sending - "Your American vehicle is not good enough for us to consider it for a trade in, so if you want to buy a Toyota, you may as well just destroy it and pay full price."
Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=toyota+racing

nough said
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Toyota Motor Company does a better job than any car company in America of keeping its customers coming back, according to data from J.D. Power and Assoc. General Motors ranks second in customer retention.

Among recent new car buyers whose previous car was a Toyota, Lexus or Scion, 68.9 percent bought another Toyota Motor Co. product. That's similar to Toyota's retention rate last year, according to J.D. Power.

Meanwhile, owners of Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Saab or other GM vehicles bought a GM product again 64.7 percent of the time, according to J.D. Power.

That represents about a three percentage point improvement over last year for GM.

The upward shift for GM likely represents a genuine trend, said Neal Oddes,, director of product research and analysis at J.D. Power and Associates, and not just a blip.
The above is a good reason why Toyota would be attacking GM so aggressively. GM's quality and customer retention is coming back fast, and is now only second to Toyota. Toyotas biggest threat is GM, not any of the other Foreign auto manf or Chrysler or Ford.
Maybe GM should make some ads showing Japanese planes dropping Camrys out of their doors over Washington. Ok, I'm getting carried away.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^good point, GM is on the rebound with better quality and a solid line up......GM shouldnt worry about silly commercials and should just keep making good cars
Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

actually, I saw an awesome GM commercial today!!!!!!!!! howie long is driving in a new silverado and stops to pick up a guy in a tundra that broke down on the highway... finally GM starts playing toyota's dirt game
Old 01-03-2008, 05:29 AM
12 Second Club

x2 that commercial kicks ***
Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,240 Posts

The best way to fight back against Toyota is to simply NOT buy their products, and help influence others to avoid their products as well.

That is the path I've taken all my life. My wife was a Toyota owner when we first met, and today she won't even consider owning one.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Teching In

You guys are hilarious.

Toyota is selling ALOT of vehicles and making alot of money because they build solid cars.

Also, as far as I know the Detroit 3 are NOT allowed to build 'transplants' there, to ship ANYWHERE. Not that they would want to with the tax/fee/penalty raping that the Nippon M.O.T. would give them to do such.
Unlike here where we practically offer them our first born and daughters to build their **** for even bigger profits with NO tariffs, etc.

Quote:
It's that type of thing that shut down a Ford plant in my community putting 700 out of work. Hey America, if we all pull together we can kill the Detroit 3 within 5 years. Come on, what do you say?
Sadly enough, there are waaayyyy too many sheeple/lemmings in this country that seem HELLBENT on doing just that in bold above. I guess it is a good thing to them to have to pay $60K+ for an f'ing Camry/Accord when that is all you can buy.
Never read anything so entertaining.

Capitalism at it's best. People will go out and buy what the **** they want. In this case, alot of people seem to be buying Toyotas because they like them. Toyota seems to be doing a very good job making sure they do so. Maybe instead of the American companies whining about the takeover, they should actually watch and learn what Toyota is doing excellently.

This **** gets old.

I don't own a Toyota but some of you are just out of it. No objectivity whatsoever. Blinded by bias and prejudice.

If anyone read the news today, Toyota is now the #2 automaker in the U.S. Just passed Ford.

I must be mistaken, I guess Toyota brings Japanese workers into this country to work on their cars too?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go cry on a Toyota board.

We have heard it for years and right now GM is making better cars than Toyota. But some people have there head so far up the imports *** they can't see it.
The Malibu, the Silverado, CTS, Enclave hell any Buick. Toyotas Quality is slipping and that is a fact.

What gets old is import guys talking **** on a GM board, don't read if you don't like it.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

What gets old is people buying **** made in China, Japan or otherwise instead of buying products made in America. You can spin the "but Toyota vehicles are made in America too" stunt all you want, but when it comes down to it which company is truly American owned and operated? If that doesn't do it for you, which company do you expect to stop vehicle production for the production of US war planes, US tanks or US otherwise in a time of war? Buy GM, Ford or Chrysler because you're a loyal American and want to support America and the American manufacturing industry. Watch those videos and "I say good day!"
Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OSUBraden
What gets old is people buying **** made in China, Japan or otherwise instead of buying products made in America. You can spin the "but Toyota vehicles are made in America too" stunt all you want, but when it comes down to it which company is truly American owned and operated? If that doesn't do it for you, which company do you expect to stop vehicle production for the production of US war planes, US tanks or US otherwise in a time of war? Buy GM, Ford or Chrysler because you're a loyal American and want to support America and the American manufacturing industry. Watch those videos and "I say good day!"
Right on! People will say "oh that is crap", "it is a global economy" and "I hope Toyota Passes up GM, that will show them"
It will show them alright if we every have to go to full scale war. Americans routing for import car companies, Bullshit. I say go live there if you want to helpf them.
I say I RIGHT ON OSU!

Check this out, where are the rest of the Japanese and German cars?
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....ory=amMade1207
Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

wow, just wow.

Toyota is more AMERICAN MADE than most "domestics" So what if they started as a foreign car. I would rather have an american building a toyota than a mexican building a chevy. I feel its a retarded arguement these days. People will buy what they want. As far as "But some people have there head so far up the imports *** they can't see it." Thats GM/Ford/DC's fault. They ignored quality for years and it really hurt their image. Im glad to see they are changin their ways and building great cars.

My1St truck, you need to take some of your own advice "don't read if you don't like it" diamboforlife had a valide point. If you dont like it then just do what the big 3 did in the late 70's/early 80's, ignore the sign of things to come.

OSUbrandon; people buy **** made in China/Japan because the same american made product is more expensive. Before you get upset at the poeple buying **** they can afford, get mad at the american company/workforce that overvalues itself. And please tell me what company is actually American owned AND operated? They may be owned by americans but the factories are not always operated by americans. As for american companies making war supplies, yes they have done that IN THE BIGGEST CONFLICT THE US HAS EVER FOUGHT. If toyota had plants in the US in the 30-40's they probably would have too. Fact is they had no factories. Thats a dumb arguement.

I would rather by a foriegn car made by my neighbor, than an american car made south of the border. I dont want to see the big 3 die, I dont. But I also feel that if they cant survive in the global market other poeple, the consumer, shouldnt have to pick up the bill for them to stay alive.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Toyota is selling ALOT of vehicles and making alot of money because they build solid cars.
Ok.

alot of people seem to be buying Toyotas because they like them. Toyota seems to be doing a very good job making sure they do so.
A lot of people seem to be buying GM cars too, since GM has been #1 in sales for what, 76-77 years? Guess GM must have done something right. Not to mention, many GM leaders have defined this industry over the decades; in particular, Alfred Sloan was one of the greatest influences/creator of the modern business model. Not sure who he is? Look it up. Companies like Toyota have succeeded on a path that GM created.

Maybe instead of the American companies whining about the takeover, they should actually watch and learn what Toyota is doing excellently.
Interesting idea, but wait.....

If anyone read the news today, Toyota is now the #2 automaker in the U.S. Just passed Ford.
....#2 automaker you say. Right, #2. On the other hand, GM has remained in the #1 spot for longer than just about anyone on this board has been alive, and longer than many asian car companies have been in business. That tells me they must've done something right, and Toyota probably learned from GM how to sell cars. Now that GM is getting back on track, even if Toyota passes them in sales for a few years in the near future, GM will recover. Considering GM has been able to outsell Toyota for decades, even as their quality was supposedly "slipping", they should have no problem dominating in the future now that they are able to meet and beat Toyota quality rankings.

Never read anything so entertaining.
Wish I could say the same, but I never find it entertaining when people bash a company as important to American history as GM.
This **** gets old.
Agreed. I get tired of the GM bashing myself.

I don't own a Toyota
Well, in that case take it from someone that owned a Toyota for 6 years, and daily drove it every day to the 120k mile mark (was my wife's car when we got married, I used it for a while till it made financial sense to sell it). Toyota quality isn't as great as people would have you believe. I owned that car right along side a couple GM cars in the '90s when GM quality was "so bad", yet somehow the Toyota broke just as often. Odd. And you don't even want to know how much more the parts/repairs were than the GM counterparts.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68chevypu
wow, just wow.

Toyota is more AMERICAN MADE than most "domestics" So what if they started as a foreign car. I would rather have an american building a toyota than a mexican building a chevy. I feel its a retarded arguement these days. People will buy what they want. As far as "But some people have there head so far up the imports *** they can't see it." Thats GM/Ford/DC's fault. They ignored quality for years and it really hurt their image. Im glad to see they are changin their ways and building great cars.

My1St truck, you need to take some of your own advice "don't read if you don't like it" diamboforlife had a valide point. If you dont like it then just do what the big 3 did in the late 70's/early 80's, ignore the sign of things to come.

OSUbrandon; people buy **** made in China/Japan because the same american made product is more expensive. Before you get upset at the poeple buying **** they can afford, get mad at the american company/workforce that overvalues itself. And please tell me what company is actually American owned AND operated? They may be owned by americans but the factories are not always operated by americans. As for american companies making war supplies, yes they have done that IN THE BIGGEST CONFLICT THE US HAS EVER FOUGHT. If toyota had plants in the US in the 30-40's they probably would have too. Fact is they had no factories. Thats a dumb arguement.

I would rather by a foriegn car made by my neighbor, than an american car made south of the border. I dont want to see the big 3 die, I dont. But I also feel that if they cant survive in the global market other poeple, the consumer, shouldnt have to pick up the bill for them to stay alive.
Ok you make a good point, but this is a GM board. So If he wants to talk about how great the imports are go elsewhere.
I talk **** about imports on a GM board. I don't go to ANY imports boards and say how stupid they are or that imoprts suck, See what I mean?
I don't want to hear it I have heard it for years. It is time we start routing for the home team and not that of the rising sun.

Oh one more thing I guess you didn't read my link if you think Toyota is more American made then GM or Ford.
Not a bash or argument, just an observation.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

My father's livelihood depends on the American automobile industry. Anyone that buys a foreign brand is basically telling my family that my father's job doesn't mean anything.

Since Tundras & Camrys are built here in Indiana now they like to tout that in their commercials. Yeah, they might be built here but the profits cross over the Pacific Ocean.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

i would like to clear up a misconception people have about America's foreign policy.

America is a world power. the world is anarchic, so therefore we look to the most powerful nation to police the world. and yes, that is still america. It is America's "duty" to make sure all is well with the world. our economic foreign policy isn't much different. America encourages imported goods. our economy does well enough (well, arguably not recently, but that is besides the point) that we can afford to live off other country's exported goods. why do we do this? to help the economies of smaller countries, such as Japan.

Japan's economy on the other hand is simple. manufacture products for ourselves and export manufactured goods to other countries to help the economy. its how you think an enterprise should work. meet the demands of your people, and then try to make money off others. it is also very hard to import products into japan, you'll get hit with crazy tariffs.

and then there are the issues with exploiting workers in japan, labor unions and labor laws in america, and of course the exchange rate of currency. with these factors considered, we should be blaming the japanese for not making cars comparable to the europeans at the prices they charge!

Quick Reply: The all out anti american toyota commercials