Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The all out anti american toyota commercials

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest problem is buying products from Japan and China, not Mexico and Canada. The Japanese artificially try to keep the Yen to dollar exchange rate in their favor to benefit their manufacturers, not ours. The Chinese subsidize their products to keep them cheap..example; you can buy a set of Chinese made stainless headers for your car for the price of stainless tubing alone. The end result is our money goes there and doesn’t come back except when they loan it to us to buy more of their products.
Arguably, the Canadians and the Mexicans have a more symbiotic relationship with us (Than the Japanese and Chinese) and have a more "normal" two way trade relationship with us.

Last edited by TT632; 01-08-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,240 Posts

^ Nice!

Added to sig.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot not alot, it's two words. Back to the topic....
Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 68chevypu
wow, just wow.

Toyota is more AMERICAN MADE than most "domestics" So what if they started as a foreign car. I would rather have an american building a toyota than a mexican building a chevy. I feel its a retarded arguement these days. People will buy what they want. As far as "But some people have there head so far up the imports *** they can't see it." Thats GM/Ford/DC's fault. They ignored quality for years and it really hurt their image. Im glad to see they are changin their ways and building great cars.

My1St truck, you need to take some of your own advice "don't read if you don't like it" diamboforlife had a valide point. If you dont like it then just do what the big 3 did in the late 70's/early 80's, ignore the sign of things to come.

OSUbrandon; people buy **** made in China/Japan because the same american made product is more expensive. Before you get upset at the poeple buying **** they can afford, get mad at the american company/workforce that overvalues itself. And please tell me what company is actually American owned AND operated? They may be owned by americans but the factories are not always operated by americans. As for american companies making war supplies, yes they have done that IN THE BIGGEST CONFLICT THE US HAS EVER FOUGHT. If toyota had plants in the US in the 30-40's they probably would have too. Fact is they had no factories. Thats a dumb arguement.

I would rather by a foriegn car made by my neighbor, than an american car made south of the border. I dont want to see the big 3 die, I dont. But I also feel that if they cant survive in the global market other poeple, the consumer, shouldnt have to pick up the bill for them to stay alive.
Your a ******* retard. The reason our cars are made in mexico/canada are because in order to keep our prices competitive with japan we need cheaper labor and deals on plants to build the cars in.....two things our govt isnt giving our companies, but hand them out daily to the japanese companies. If you see Toyta using uaw workers with the same benifits....you bet your *** they will move their plants to mexico and canada in a ******* heartbeat. Toyota is Japans wwII sweet revenge. I guess only the japs know about brand loyalty.....they wouldnt be caught dead in an import in japan. I even saw a video where they rated the s2000 a better car then the c5 vette. Japan is an economic enemy that shakes our hand with one hand, while stabbing us in the back with the other.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT632
The biggest problem is buying products from Japan and China, not Mexico and Canada. The Japanese artificially try to keep the Yen to dollar exchange rate in their favor to benefit their manufacturers, not ours. The Chinese subsidize their products to keep them cheap..example; you can buy a set of Chinese made stainless headers for your car for the price of stainless tubing alone. The end result is our money goes there and doesn’t come back except when they loan it to us to buy more of their products.
Arguably, the Canadians and the Mexicans have a more symbiotic relationship with us (Than the Japanese and Chinese) and have a more "normal" two way trade relationship with us.
Thank you, brother.

Quick Reply: The all out anti american toyota commercials