Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is a cool car and some ppl just have their panties in a wad because it is a ricer.

W
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
And of course we MUST take the word of your sacred (and Nippon worshipping) journalistas as absolute gospel, right??

You've seen, hands-on, in person your precious GTR to be able to tell this???
Or can/do you judge everything by a "quick glance"??
Aww. You're back with your unfounded, unproven logic and blatantly retarded opinions. Next time you want to argue, try to bring something to the table.

As for what I have to offer? Since no one on this forum, including you, has even seen one of these cars (or a prototype for that matter) in person, you can't say that the interior is not of higher quality than a C6. But, thankfully the journalists have, which means that their opinion means exactly 100% more than yours does. And, they will continue to mean that much more than yours until you drive the car or even see one any place other than your sacred LS1tech. But, based on the racist, opinionated garbage you are always spewing, I don't see that ever happening.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think its bs until its dyno'd/track tested in the states. japan runs a much higher octane then we do and also much softer tires. Plus it will most likely be detuned when it arrives here.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Aww. You're back with your unfounded, unproven logic and blatantly retarded opinions. Next time you want to argue, try to bring something to the table.

As for what I have to offer? Since no one on this forum, including you, has even seen one of these cars (or a prototype for that matter) in person, you can't say that the interior is not of higher quality than a C6. But, thankfully the journalists have, which means that their opinion means exactly 100% more than yours does. And, they will continue to mean that much more than yours until you drive the car or even see one any place other than your sacred LS1tech. But, based on the racist, opinionated garbage you are always spewing, I don't see that ever happening.
AWWW. Our favorite domestic driving, but import worshipping fanboi is back.
Why don't you bring something to the table Mr. Rising Sun??
I was NOT saying it was an impossibility for your precious Datsun to have better build quality than the Y bodies. I was merely calling him out for his ***umptions that it has to have better build quality because it's from your beloved Japan.
So since you place sooo much faith and trust in your sacred heavily biased, subjective journalists, you must really believe that our cars run high 13s to low 14s and 5.9 to 6.3 0-60s, right??

And here we go again with the f'in fanboi 'racist' card kneejerk defense.
GET IT THROUGH YOUR EXTRA THICK RICETARD SKULL; it is IMPOSSIBLE to be '"racist" towards an inanimate (like a car, maybe?) object!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also for the trillionth time; I go out with a native central Chinese girl (although now a citizen of THIS country), and will continue to date Asian women (yes, EVEN japanese ones if the opportunity arises). So maybe you are right, I am racist when it comes to seeking/running after the blonde haired, blue eyed, 'anglo/aryan ideal' girl like everyone else. Although if I met one I really liked, I would still go with her.
Guess I had better go find some white sheets and hoods, along with some crosses to burn, right genius??
But of course I am still a racist in your 'mensa' mind because I refuse to support Japan's economy when and where I still have a choice not to do such.
NO 'transplants' for this one, so you cannot even use that riceboy arguement. Yessir, this one is 150% Nippon built, to the JDM idolizers' delight.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

How can you be racist to a car? Wouldn't that be automotist?

W
Old 01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
How can you be racist to a car? Wouldn't that be automotist?

W
I guess that makes me an "econom-ist" since I choose to support the US economy as much as possible.

If Toyota moved their worldwide HQ to the US, reinvested their profits into the US economy (not operating costs which they get tax breaks on), and hired the vast majority American workers in every level of their company- then I would consider buying one. (But it would need to have a tailgate that didnt collapse as well as a few other things taken care of.)

This isnt as much about where the car is made as much as it is about one fanboi troll posting nothing but nissan worship on a domestic web site- most of which is unfounded because the car hasnt even reached US shores yet. Look up some links on this exhaust they are talking about. They are calling it a "FWHP rating" which to me says they are converting it from a reading taken. They also didnt change the design of the exhaust significantly enough to make that large of a jump. I have seen cut-outs on modded turbo/forced induction cars not make that big of a jump.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mzoomora
I have worked on all types of cars before. Fact is this is supposed to be a completely stock car with just a cat back, not a car with the boost turned up, etc. If there were other mods, maybe. Also this is a high end performance car that probably has large diameter exhaust that is pretty free flowing. This isnt an early 90's Eclipse or Camaro where the exhaust was an afterthought. Turbo cars and large displacement cars do react well to better exhaust (due to the fact they flow larger amounts of air), but I would also call BS if somebody claimed the same from a cat back on a Z06.

Edit- this is still a 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust, not even true duals. And many people are calling it a flywheel HP rating. This is also from a company developing the exhaust. Still believe everything you read?
Depending on the setup it can be true...

Me for example... on my car I was running exhuast all the way out the back, running about 14 psi or so on pump, making 840rwhp.

I took my exhuast off and ran open downpipe, and without me knowing it upped boost by a pound and a half or so, and I made 893rwhp and 903rwtq...

The same principle has to be true on a car that has a less restrictive exhaust, so I wouldnt pull the bs flag quite yet.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
Depending on the setup it can be true...

Me for example... on my car I was running exhuast all the way out the back, running about 14 psi or so on pump, making 840rwhp.

I took my exhuast off and ran open downpipe, and without me knowing it upped boost by a pound and a half or so, and I made 893rwhp and 903rwtq...

The same principle has to be true on a car that has a less restrictive exhaust, so I wouldnt pull the bs flag quite yet.
Apples and oranges. You are talking a car with about double the HP output and going from full exhaust to just an open downpipe. This is a car that I would think has the boost computer controlled and only had a cat back installed that retained the factory design. NOT true duals, open down pipe, straight pipe, etc. 2 into 1 into 2 in the factory location. You cant even really compare the two.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually, backpressure reductions will increse boost in almost every turbo car. Throw on a down pipe with no cats and boost will rise even more.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Apples and oranges. You are talking a car with about double the HP output and going from full exhaust to just an open downpipe. This is a car that I would think has the boost computer controlled and only had a cat back installed that retained the factory design. NOT true duals, open down pipe, straight pipe, etc. 2 into 1 into 2 in the factory location. You cant even really compare the two.
The only difference between the two are the amount of power per psi made...

its not unreasonable to have a 22 hp increase from 1.5 lbs of boost on a car thats already making almost 500hp. espeically if its a pretty efficient setup I dont see how it coudlnt be possible.

Since we cant completely trust the source since we havent seen it with our own eyes... we kind of have to take their word for it. But I wouldnt be surprised if it made that much power, depending on the turbo setup.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
I think its bs until its dyno'd/track tested in the states. japan runs a much higher octane then we do and also much softer tires. Plus it will most likely be detuned when it arrives here.
No they don't. Japan uses a different octane rating system(Ron) compared to ours(Mon). When you convert the systems the octane ratings are almost identical, in fact if anything the US gas pumps are putting out slightly higher octane then what you could get in Japan/Europe. Irregardless because running a higher octane will only REDUCE power with out increasing internal compression. Also the tires they use are also no different then what we use here....the GTR is fitted with the same tires every where it is sold. *sigh* stfu
Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
AWWW. Our favorite domestic driving, but import worshipping fanboi is back.
Why don't you bring something to the table Mr. Rising Sun??
I was NOT saying it was an impossibility for your precious Datsun to have better build quality than the Y bodies. I was merely calling him out for his ***umptions that it has to have better build quality because it's from your beloved Japan.
So since you place sooo much faith and trust in your sacred heavily biased, subjective journalists, you must really believe that our cars run high 13s to low 14s and 5.9 to 6.3 0-60s, right??

And here we go again with the f'in fanboi 'racist' card kneejerk defense.
GET IT THROUGH YOUR EXTRA THICK RICETARD SKULL; it is IMPOSSIBLE to be '"racist" towards an inanimate (like a car, maybe?) object!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also for the trillionth time; I go out with a native central Chinese girl (although now a citizen of THIS country), and will continue to date Asian women (yes, EVEN japanese ones if the opportunity arises). So maybe you are right, I am racist when it comes to seeking/running after the blonde haired, blue eyed, 'anglo/aryan ideal' girl like everyone else. Although if I met one I really liked, I would still go with her.
Guess I had better go find some white sheets and hoods, along with some crosses to burn, right genius??
But of course I am still a racist in your 'mensa' mind because I refuse to support Japan's economy when and where I still have a choice not to do such.
NO 'transplants' for this one, so you cannot even use that riceboy arguement. Yessir, this one is 150% Nippon built, to the JDM idolizers' delight.
In the REAL world LS1s DO run mid to high 13s completely stock. The internet is the only place where they run low 13s on a normal basis. I have seen hundreds of ls1s run in person and have seen less than 10 that ran better than 13.5 completely and totally bone stock.

Racist towards a car? Where did I say that? I just said your opinions are racist. All the stupid names you call them come off as pretty racist to me. I don't give a **** who you date. That has no bearing on this topic what so ever.

You have posted your opinion way too many times without doing anything to back it up. Why don't you work on that the next time you get all hot and bothered because I don't bad mouth something because of its country of origin.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
No they don't. Japan uses a different octane rating system(Ron) compared to ours(Mon). When you convert the systems the octane ratings are almost identical, in fact if anything the US gas pumps are putting out slightly higher octane then what you could get in Japan/Europe. Irregardless because running a higher octane will only REDUCE power with out increasing internal compression. Also the tires they use are also no different then what we use here....the GTR is fitted with the same tires every where it is sold. *sigh* stfu
If anyone needs to STFU its you. US gasoline is rated by the R+M/2 method, so it is an average of the 2. Look at any gas pump and it will tell you. And for your information the MON method is usually 8-10 points lower, so hardly "nearly identical". Also, higher octane will contribute to higher output in a boosted application(since it is basically like increasing CR) since it wards off detonation which means less knock retard. Especially since your article is talking about a boost gain.

How do you know what tires it is fitted with everywhere it is sold? It isnt even out in all its markets yet. Boy, your crystal ball is working overtime. Will it be sold on those tires? Most likely, but you dont know **** yet fanboy. Stop hugging this cars nuts on a domestic car site and posting every stupid piece of information on it. The first few were interesting, but a color and a cat back that some company is trying to promote which isnt even out yet-

And finally- Irregardless is not a proper word. It, all by itself, is a double negative. Ir- and -less. The word you are looking for is Regardless.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

If anyone needs to STFU its you. US gasoline is rated by the R+M/2 method, so it is an average of the 2. Look at any gas pump and it will tell you. And for your information the MON method is usually 8-10 points lower, so hardly "nearly identical". Also, higher octane will contribute to higher output in a boosted application(since it is basically like increasing CR) since it wards off detonation which means less knock retard. Especially since your article is talking about a boost gain.

How do you know what tires it is fitted with everywhere it is sold? It isnt even out in all its markets yet. Boy, your crystal ball is working overtime. Will it be sold on those tires? Most likely, but you dont know **** yet fanboy. Stop hugging this cars nuts on a domestic car site and posting every stupid piece of information on it. The first few were interesting, but a color and a cat back that some company is trying to promote which isnt even out yet-

And finally- Irregardless is not a proper word. It, all by itself, is a double negative. Ir- and -less. The word you are looking for is Regardless.
Irregardless is acceptable in use if its intent is humorous.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I just said your opinions are racist. All the stupid names you call them come off as pretty racist to me.
So now opinions due to economics/trade imbalances are considered racist??!
WOW, you really are brainwashed by the Nippon M.O.T./Japan, Inc. aren't you?
Which "stupid names" do I call "them"? Are you referring to cars or people when you say "them"?
Are you this p.c./sensative with everything you deal with/comment on?
So I guess we will NEVER hear you bashing flaming liberals like everyone else, right?

YOU over-reacted to a comment I made about an assumption by the o.p.
Maybe YOU should
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadder
It's obvious you have never really worked with turbo cars before. I'd say educate yourself before stating something like "22whp!!! NO WAI!"
Although I think the attitude is wrong, I agree that it is probable. I remember back when they were putting straight pipes on the GS-T Eclipses and picking up 30FWHP.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

First of all I would like to see you call me ignorant to my face, since we are both from Illinois. Dont go insulting people online if you arent going to do it in person.

Calm down internet tough guy. What are you 15 years old? No? Sure act like it.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Although I think the attitude is wrong, I agree that it is probable. I remember back when they were putting straight pipes on the GS-T Eclipses and picking up 30FWHP.
Again, that is a straight pipe. This exhaust is almost the same as teh stock stuff except the mufflers. Same layout, similar diameter, etc. If it were a large departure, straight pipes, etc., it would be much more believable.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by COD02SS

Calm down internet tough guy. What are you 15 years old? No? Sure act like it.
Actually I was keeping it on a very adult level until somebody started name calling, which I dont appreciate if its the internet or not. It is actually the opposite of internet tough guy. I was making a point to NOT be a keyboard warrior with the name calling. Maybe you should do some growing up and not try to tell me how old I am acting when your statement is about as childish as they come.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Hey dick...please practice your reading comprehension before replying to my posts in the future.

I clearly explained to you that the methods are DIFFERENT, and that when converted to the others method the octane ratings ARE NEARLY THE SAME. Its not uncommon to see 100 octane at the pumps in Japan...but here in the US that same gas is rated at 91 octane.

Maybe you should read about internal combustion engines and how they react to different octane rated fuels. A higher octane rated fuel is used simply to keep an engine from knocking, running any higher octane then needed to prevent the knock will do nothing except actually slightly reduce power output. If the car runs fine on 87 octane with no knocking, putting 93 in will act almost like a minor timing reduction.

And yes Nissan has said the car will be equipped with the same Bridgetone Potenzas in all markets...in fact the car is going to be 99% identical with the exception of drive side and minor interior features all across the world.
Nissan GTR US Specs:
http://www.gtrnissan.com/specs.en.us.html
"• Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone® RE070A high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40ZRF20 97Y front and 285/35ZRF20 100Y rear. "

And trying to correct me on my grammatical mistakes doesnt make you look smart. But it wouldn't matter anyway, you've spread enough stupidity through out this thread that most people wouldn't have to question it.

Last edited by RedBeauty84ZX; 01-17-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR Makes 500AWHP with just a Cat-back.