Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Road&Track test C6 Z06 vs GTR vs 911 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:04 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by castillo
Obviously you dont since you purchased a Firehawk. Anyways, 1/4 mile racing, is 2% of the total sport. Majority of racing outside the US, is consumed of Rallying, F1, Autocross, Roadracing, etc.....
You are talking about professional racing. How many showroom cars are taken by private owners to go rallying or F1 racing?

What is it about this site that keeps you coming back? You are obviously not wanted here as illustrated by your numerous bans and the responses you get to your posts. Are you just a lonely internet attention *****?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

It's this guy again? Damn, the Japan fanboy is back... What does he get out of this?
Old 03-23-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Wow and i actually thought it was somebody else. For some reason i have a feeling that im going to see my first GTR in person and it will probably be at the drag strip. I believe it all depends on where you live and what alot of people do in that area. Either way cars nowadays are built to be all around performers, if it was just built for drag racing then obviously not alot of people would buy it. Same thing if the car was only built for road racing, people who want it for drag racing will turned off from it. I just can't see people doing that much better 1/4 mile wise with the GTR than whats been done. With the AWD system i mean it shouldn't be that hard launching this thing with all the technology is has. I mean they have been designing this car for a long *** time, i think the C6 Z06 was designed and built in the amount of time it took Nissan to develop the body. So obviously people need to understand this car is going to be pretty out of hand. What if the C6 Z06 was designed and built around a span of 4-6 years, just imagine the car we would have gotten. I still am for the Z on this one not because im a fan of GM, but because a sports car comes with 2 seats. That and i think the Z06s exterior looks like a straight race car.
-Joel
Old 03-23-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Sup Joel?

I agree a sports car should have two seats.

I'd love the GTR so much more if it was smaller and had two seats... 2+2 "cheapens" the feel of the car IMO.

Like that Ferrari (forgot the model) that offers(ed) an auto and 2+2 seating... Gay.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22125
Old 03-23-2008, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

It's a good thing I only care about drag racing.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Whats up Alcides, same **** different day over here. Hows the car running?

I always loved the 1990+ Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, if any import was for me it was that one. My older brother had a non-turbo and i thought it was the coolest looking car on the planet. But i could never understand why the hell they would make a 2+2, not like anyone would be able to fit back there. Wow and now that i can see the entire interior dash set-up i think the only piece i like is that DIC or whatever they call it. The area under which looks like it controls the radio looks pretty damn cheap, as well as the area around the gauge cluster.
-Joel
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Sup Joel?

I agree a sports car should have two seats.

I'd love the GTR so much more if it was smaller and had two seats... 2+2 "cheapens" the feel of the car IMO.

Like that Ferrari (forgot the model) that offers(ed) an auto and 2+2 seating... Gay.
You're thinking of the 612 Scaglietti, I believe. I hate the car too....It gives FR Ferraris a bad name...like my beloved 575 Maranello....*drool*
Old 03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah i just looked it up, the 612 is a 2+2. Very impressive car, but i can't understand why manufacturers would go with that set-up. In many if not all of these cars nobody fits in the backseat of these cars so, why?
-Joel
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats funny to me is the track times are published for both cars and people still insist and saying it didn't happen that way or that car sucks. They are all cars I wouldn't mind having in my driveway. The Vette is faster in trap speed but got owned on a road course. The Porsche as usual did everything well but didn't excel over the others. The cars are aimed at different people but they are loose competitors. Do you really think someone that is looking at a Porsche Turbo is going to cross shop a Corvette? Likewise is a guy looking at the ZO6 going to compare it to a Nissan? Probably not, they are going to go plunk down their coin on what they want.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

A lot of people need to open up their minds on this forum. Raise your hand if you like performance cars of all types? Closet fanboys stay silent...
Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

I guess the part that people are struggling to understand is how a 2+2 car, that weighs alot more than a Z, and has only 480HP can beat it on road course. I can't believe it but i know some sort of science and/or physics goes into it. I was at the Moroso drag strip about a year back, and there was a Mercedes E55 and a BMW M5 both running 11s...stock. I was in shock the entire night trying to figure out how it was possible. And its basically all the technology thats going into cars, especially expensive cars. You think Nissan was going to take all this time to develop the GTR, to only have a RWD Chevrolet, using 50+ year old technology (pushrod engine) be able to stay ahead of it on a road course. I am not a fan of the exterior of the GTR, if they do make a V-Spec or whatever hopefully they make it a bit more racey, and not fast and the furious racey either.
-Joel

Last edited by 2000Hawk; 03-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk

I guess the part that people are struggling to understand is how a 2+2 car, that weighs alot more than a Z, and has only 480HP can beat it on road course. I can't believe it but i know some sort of science and/or physics goes into it. I was at the Moroso drag strip about a year back, and there was a Mercedes E55 and a BMW M5 both running 11s...stock. I was in shock the entire night trying to figure out how it was possible. And its basically all the technology thats going into cars, especially expensive cars. You think Nissan was going to take all this time to develop the GTR, to only have a RWD Chevrolet, using 50+ year old technology (pushrod engine) be able to stay ahead of it on a road course. I am not a fan of the exterior of the GTR, if they do make a V-Spec or whatever hopefully they make it a bit more racey, and not fast and the furious racey either.
-Joel

I think we all know that this car is severely underrated in terms of power. But how much we dont know. We've seen dynoes from 416rwhp to 475rwhp at the hubs. Now, Road&Track traps 124mph in a 3900lb vehicle, this equates to almost 600hp at the crank!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Obviously you dont since you purchased a Firehawk. Anyways, 1/4 mile racing, is 2% of the total sport. Majority of racing outside the US, is consumed of Rallying, F1, Autocross, Roadracing, etc.....
U forgotz about Driftiiiiing!

But, Here's why i say that. Auto Racing got it start on the street, How many times have you raced around sharp turns on the street, in whatever car you have?

When i want a car that's the fastest on the block, i don't mean through parking cones. When I get stopped at a traffic light. I want to know that there isn't anyone in my vicinty who can beat me to the next one. And before you pop off about some hooplah about street racing, I'd like to tell you that i very rarely take part in it.

and trust me, for the average Joe with a car, i'd say the VAST majority (Meaning around 68% more than the 2% you stated) go to a dragstrip before they take it to around road atlanta, much less "rally" race it.

And one last thing, Where the heck did you come up with me buying a firehawk when my signiture says 1999 Trans Am. If you're blind enough to look past that then frankly, i don't want your opinion.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

I think we all know that this car is severely underrated in terms of power. But how much we dont know. We've seen dynoes from 416rwhp to 475rwhp at the hubs. Now, Road&Track traps 124mph in a 3900lb vehicle, this equates to almost 600hp at the crank!
Yeah the 416rwhp is more believeable, once you get power from the hub thats already a load of bullshit. The only reason the car traps that good in the quarter for its size is because of the qicked start it gets from its AWD system. We obviously have to take that into account, this car has a highly advanced AWD system that without it, it would be just as fast as a GT500.
-Joel
Old 03-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

Yeah the 416rwhp is more believeable, once you get power from the hub thats already a load of bullshit. The only reason the car traps that good in the quarter for its size is because of the qicked start it gets from its AWD system. We obviously have to take that into account, this car has a highly advanced AWD system that without it, it would be just as fast as a GT500.
-Joel
Not true. 416rwhp will not net you a 124mph trap speed. Furthermore, it is not a full time awd system. It is only implimented when the car senses slippage. To say it would be just as fast as a GT500 is rediculous at best. It can only be two things:

1) this car makes more than advertised(we know this to be true by mph)
2) this car is lighter than we expected.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

-Joel
no one is saying that this car is junk... people are just saying "yes, those are good numbers and should give a good estimate of the car's performance. However, there isn't a GTR driving the streets somewhere in the United States and there could be minor changes in the car by the time its the official US car. There is an uncertainty if this is the EXACT car we will see on a Nissan showroom floor. " The majority of the people on this forum know its fast, even faster around the track than a C6Z possibly. What are people struggling to understand? no one ever said "Those numbers are wrong and can't be true"... some of us are just saying we'll see what it does when it actually gets here
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned

The bias towards gm on this site is sickening. It's like they're the only ones who make great performance cars
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by COD02SS
The bias towards gm on this site is sickening. It's like they're the only ones who make great performance cars
True.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
no one is saying that this car is junk... people are just saying "yes, those are good numbers and should give a good estimate of the car's performance. However, there isn't a GTR driving the streets somewhere in the United States and there could be minor changes in the car by the time its the official US car. There is an uncertainty if this is the EXACT car we will see on a Nissan showroom floor. " The majority of the people on this forum know its fast, even faster around the track than a C6Z possibly. What are people struggling to understand? no one ever said "Those numbers are wrong and can't be true"... some of us are just saying we'll see what it does when it actually gets here

+1

Don't they have higher octane gas in Europe and Japan? Doesn't that mean that Nissan will have to detune the GTR to run on 93 or 91? Just a thought.

And for those who don't like the GM bias on a site called, "LS1TECH"... you can ******* suck it. We like other cars, we just have an understandable bias towards GM...because they make some of the most affordable, rock-solid, high-performance vehicles and engines on the planet!

You can't say the same thing about Nissan or Toyota! You just can't! In fact, I dare the naysayers to find me another brand out there that offers the same quality of performance. Name one company. Any company.

Kind of hard isn't it? I'll be waiting for you replies...

Quick Reply: Road&Track test C6 Z06 vs GTR vs 911 turbo