Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM Loses $3.25 Billion During First Quarter of 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Or would they be?

Wow, that is one seriously broad and generalized statement.
No ****.....I found those numbers impressive enough.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
to that.

Of course the general population DOES support their own in Japan (and Germany, and Italy, and Sweden etc.) but when an honest/loyal American tries it they get called a racist.
What do you base that information on? I find it quite hard to believe that since I've lived in Europe extensively over the years and see all brands in all countries regardless.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spoolin
What do you base that information on? I find it quite hard to believe that since I've lived in Europe extensively over the years and see all brands in all countries regardless.
That may be so.

But even if it is, I think his point was that the ones in those countries who DO buy from their own would NEVER be considered/labeled racist for buying from their OWN country's companies.
Unlike here, where you are instantly labeled such (and worse, like "hardcore redneck", ****, mulletboy, etc.) by the import fanboyzz/global economy 'professores'/ricetards for only buying from domestic companies and refusing to buy from the import nameplates.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I see no reason in supporting a company that has it's base in America yet builds cars in Canada, Mexico and the Far east for import into the US. As well as most of it's compact and economy models using parts and designs from foreign companies such as Toyota! I don't understand people who say support GM...just because it's American. That would only make us blind and ignorant consumers!
I'll buy whatever product I deem is the best value for my money and needs. If I'm to buy my daughter a car it's gonna be a Volvo or similar because my daughter's life is more important than buying her a cobalt because it's a GM car. I love my current GM vehicle and past ones but GM screwed themselves into the ground in the 80's and 90's and I'm not gonna take pity on them if they make a half *** effort to right themselves now.
They have finally produced a competitive car with the new Malibu and their truck line is still top notch but the bread and butter of the car industry isn't corvette's and Camaro's it is the economy and family sedans and GM is still trying to right a sinking ship.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dailydriver
That may be so.

But even if it is, I think his point was that the ones in those countries who DO buy from their own would NEVER be considered/labeled racist for buying from their OWN country's companies.
Unlike here, where you are instantly labeled such by the import fanboyzz/global economy 'professores'/ricetards for only buying from domestic companies and refusing to buy from the import nameplates.
Anyone who labels any individual based on the vehicle they drive without prior knowledge of that person is an ignorant tool. Honestly if Joe-ricer comes up to me and tells me I'm a racist for driving a GM truck I'll smile at give him a up and head on my way. People's arbitrary opinion of me based on no prior knowledge of me does not affect me. It makes them look like an idiot and that's fine by me. And to assume that there aren't ignorant moron's in Europe is ignorant in itself. I have many friends in Europe who are loyal to Renault for no obvious reason which is totally fine by me and they have problems with people who drive Peugeot's or foreign brands as well. It's the same there as it is here with Ford and Chevy. When it all comes down to it any sensible person who isn't seriously retarded will admit that most rivalries are for just friendly in nature.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it all comes down to it any sensible person who isn't seriously retarded will admit that most rivalries are for just friendly in nature.
That's nice, we are all just good global buddies. When people who work at an American assembly plant or sub-component manufacturers are losing jobs in great numbers it's a serious problem for our economic well being and our future. Our economic future vs Globalism? In my opinion, Our future wins every time. Of course, I know it's a balancing act, but equal trade is good for relationships between countries. And likewise, Unequal trade is undesirable.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone who labels any individual based on the vehicle they drive without prior knowledge of that person is an ignorant tool. Honestly if Joe-ricer comes up to me and tells me I'm a racist for driving a GM truck I'll smile at give him a up and head on my way. People's arbitrary opinion of me based on no prior knowledge of me does not affect me. It makes them look like an idiot and that's fine by me. And to assume that there aren't ignorant moron's in Europe is ignorant in itself. I have many friends in Europe who are loyal to Renault for no obvious reason which is totally fine by me and they have problems with people who drive Peugeot's or foreign brands as well. It's the same there as it is here with Ford and Chevy. When it all comes down to it any sensible person who isn't seriously retarded will admit that most rivalries are for just friendly in nature.
Not arguing, but Ferrari and Lamborghini directly come to mind as the opposite of friendly rivalries. Then there is BMW and Mercedes, Ford and Chevy, Toyota and Nissan, Mitsubishi and Subaru, Noble and TVR...

Rivalries have always been good for the consumer. However, blind loyalty, as stated before, is ignorant. One should never count out another brand just because it is another brand. Lots of people do this, but that doesn't make it a very progressive, healthy state of mind.

And yes, I too agree that unequal trade is bullshi#.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TT632
That's nice, we are all just good global buddies. When people who work at an American assembly plant or sub-component manufacturers are losing jobs in great numbers it's a serious problem for our economic well being and our future. Our economic future vs Globalism? In my opinion, Our future wins every time. Of course, I know it's a balancing act, but equal trade is good for relationships between countries. And likewise, Unequal trade is undesirable.
Your absolutely right, It is a big problem for our economy but why is it that American auto manufacturers are losing jobs in great numbers and closing plants yet Toyota, Mercedes, Nissan, etc...all have plants in the US and they are doing well? It isn't the name brands that people are leaning towards it's the product. American profited highly from Globalism when we had the upper hand in research and technology and now that other countries can compete with our products we're all of a sudden against it? My GMC Sierra was built in Mexico in February of 2005...how is that supporting our economy? If you want to support our economy buy a Toyota truck or a Mercedes SUV or Nissan Armada or some of the smaller cars they build here in the US.
Equal trade between countries regardless of product quality sounds like the basis of NAFTA. U.S. Workers are still reeling from that.
GM has the best line of trucks in the world, and they have the ability and the resources to do the same with their cars, but until they do Toyota and others will continue to out sell them.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I see no reason in supporting a company that has it's base in America yet builds cars in Canada, Mexico and the Far east for import into the US. As well as most of it's compact and economy models using parts and designs from foreign companies such as Toyota! I don't understand people who say support GM...just because it's American. That would only make us blind and ignorant consumers!
I'll buy whatever product I deem is the best value for my money and needs. If I'm to buy my daughter a car it's gonna be a Volvo or similar because my daughter's life is more important than buying her a cobalt because it's a GM car. I love my current GM vehicle and past ones but GM screwed themselves into the ground in the 80's and 90's and I'm not gonna take pity on them if they make a half *** effort to right themselves now.
They have finally produced a competitive car with the new Malibu and their truck line is still top notch but the bread and butter of the car industry isn't corvette's and Camaro's it is the economy and family sedans and GM is still trying to right a sinking ship.

Do you not read these forums much, or are you just dense?

GM employs more AMERICANS than all the Japaense companies combined. Anyone who actually can sit there, with a striaght face, and say "but they build cars in Canada, so it's not supporting America afterall" is about as blind and ignorant as they come (referencing your next post).

Furthermore, to claim that buying an American car would be purely for the sake of supporting a company, and in direct opposition to getting value for dollar is verging on retardation. GM cars have NEVER been as bad as anyone has ever wanted to believe. It takes a special kind of moron to run a car into the ground, but clearly, there's a lot of them out there.

How many Volvos have rolled over at 100mph and had the driver be ok and actually post the pics on a forum? A 4th Gen (LS1) Trans Am did just that. And the car looked ok too. I've been in a bad wreck in my '84, and a buddy of mine t-boned a lexus at 60mph (when the lexus ran a red light) in his '88 GTA. These are very safe cars. Not to say Volvo isn't, but you ARE saying that GM cars aren't. You believe what the commercials, and media, tell you, and then come in here all high and mighty like you're actually more rational. (Are you a democrat by any chance?)
Old 05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrkPhynx

Do you not read these forums much, or are you just dense?

GM employs more AMERICANS than all the Japaense companies combined. Anyone who actually can sit there, with a striaght face, and say "but they build cars in Canada, so it's not supporting America afterall" is about as blind and ignorant as they come (referencing your next post).

Furthermore, to claim that buying an American car would be purely for the sake of supporting a company, and in direct opposition to getting value for dollar is verging on retardation. GM cars have NEVER been as bad as anyone has ever wanted to believe. It takes a special kind of moron to run a car into the ground, but clearly, there's a lot of them out there.

How many Volvos have rolled over at 100mph and had the driver be ok and actually post the pics on a forum? A 4th Gen (LS1) Trans Am did just that. And the car looked ok too. I've been in a bad wreck in my '84, and a buddy of mine t-boned a lexus at 60mph (when the lexus ran a red light) in his '88 GTA. These are very safe cars. Not to say Volvo isn't, but you ARE saying that GM cars aren't. You believe what the commercials, and media, tell you, and then come in here all high and mighty like you're actually more rational. (Are you a democrat by any chance?)
To pretty much...everything you said.
My perspective of things is based on what I see with my own eyes, I lived 8 years in Europe and spend on average 6 months a year overseas in different countries and just recently returned from 4 months in Japan, Singapore, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq and can tell you that if I were to believe the American media, consumer targeted commercials and corporate propaganda I would be sitting here saying buy American cars because they support American jobs. I've served my country and have seen our footprint on foreign soil and understand enough to make my own educated opinions.
The whole auto industry is global, every company has plants everywhere. I've been to BMW and Mercedes dealerships in Malaysia, as well as heavy industry Japanese plants that build their product in India. It's an industry wide trend to move plants internationally because of the cost of labor. GM is only following suit.
I love GM but just because I love a company doesn't mean I'm not gonna question it's product and compare it's value to a product of equal standing.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

That may be so.

Unlike here, where you are instantly labeled such (and worse, like "hardcore redneck", ****, mulletboy, etc.) by the import fanboyzz/global economy 'professores'/ricetards for only buying from domestic companies and refusing to buy from the import nameplates.
I've always thought rednecks where labeled rednecks for being racist and prejudice. So in the car world, I always thought being labelled a redneck meant your against any import car, or car that doesn't have a v8 in it, and will term anyone that owns one a ricer or fanboyzz. I don't even think it applies to just imports, neon s-r-t-4's are domestics and are hated on just the same. I don't think people will label any domestic car driver a redneck, only those that label any import car or 4 cylinder car owner a ricer (even v6's or inline 6's or turbo v6's or anything awd), it seems anyone that owns anything thats not a rwd v8 made by GM is considered a ricer or fanboy, and in turn those that have that mentality are considered rednecks. Can't be one sided and expect to be able to label anyone a ricer without getting labelled yourself.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmy169
I've always thought rednecks where labeled rednecks for being racist and prejudice. So in the car world, I always thought being labelled a redneck meant your against any import car, or car that doesn't have a v8 in it, and will term anyone that owns one a ricer or fanboyzz.
Yes, you're right. Racist and prejudiced against other human beings who are not exactly like them racially, NOT inanimate objects they happen to dislike.
So in your "car world" maybe you can say someone is a redneck if they dislike a brand because they hate the actual human beings who designed/engineered/built those import brands simply because they are racist towards the people themselves.
But NOT for any other reason (nationalism, trade, economics, whether correct or incorrect according to the said Econ 101 'professores' on here).

What exactly do you mean by "against any import car"??
Does that mean if someone simply refuses by choice to buy/own one (new OR used), they MUST BE a racist hardcore redneck according to your infinite wisdom (EVEN if they concur that there ARE fast, well built import nameplates)??

I will never buy/own an import nameplated car.
But I have NO PROBLEM at all with buying/owning a domestic nameplated 4 cylinder car.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

To pretty much...everything you said.
My perspective of things is based on what I see with my own eyes, I lived 8 years in Europe and spend on average 6 months a year overseas in different countries and just recently returned from 4 months in Japan, Singapore, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq and can tell you that if I were to believe the American media, consumer targeted commercials and corporate propaganda I would be sitting here saying buy American cars because they support American jobs. I've served my country and have seen our footprint on foreign soil and understand enough to make my own educated opinions.
The whole auto industry is global, every company has plants everywhere. I've been to BMW and Mercedes dealerships in Malaysia, as well as heavy industry Japanese plants that build their product in India. It's an industry wide trend to move plants internationally because of the cost of labor. GM is only following suit.
I love GM but just because I love a company doesn't mean I'm not gonna question it's product and compare it's value to a product of equal standing.
I see. So you ARE dense.

The "media" shows almost nothing but praise for all import brands. The car mags, always give a leg up to the imports and start the domestics off at a severe disadvantage of predjudice. On TV, nearly everything you see is commercials for Toyota trucks (lying out their ASSes), Honduh, Mazda, and now Mitsubishi. And when it comes to recalls, Domestics get front page coverage, imports get maybe a mention buried deep somewhere, IF even that. In fact, when the Vibe/Matrix had a recall, NO mention was made of the Matrix, ONLY the Vibe, yet it was for BOTH.

So right off the bat you are completely full of crap (well, you have been all along, but referring just to this post now...). And you then proceed to try to position yourself as high and mighty, but in the end only ended up showing your *** because you're STILL completely wrong in all your comments about this subject.

Who supports America?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....9&postcount=36
Originally Posted by suprastars
Toyota directly employed around 34,675 people in the United States, invested USD $15.5 billion, produced 1.2 million vehicles using US and foreign auto parts, sold 2.54 million vehicles, and donated USD $340 million to nonprofits. It has in total 10 plants, USD $2.9 billion per year payroll, purchased USD $28 billion in parts and supplies from 30 states. It created around 386,000 jobs in the United States as result of Toyota's spending and demand from suppliers. It celebrated its 50th year anniversary in the United States in 2007
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
GM directly employs over 284,000 people in the United States, and supports over 11 million jobs through suppliers, produced 2.9 million vehicles in the US in 2007, sold 3.8 Million vehicles in the US in 2007, donates thousands of vehicles and tens of millions of dollars to US emergency disasters and US charitable organizations, operates 50 plants in the US, and is now celebrating its 100th Anniversary.

Also, looks like GM buils more cars here than you thought, huh?

So, what about quality then? Surely the "educated" would not buy worthless American crap and waste their money, right? Instead they will be able to blindly support foriegn companies and get a better deal, right?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....00&postcount=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...ota_tundra.htm

JD Powers 2007 Dependability study -

Most Dependable Midsize Multi-Activity Vehicle
Awardee(s): Oldsmobile Bravada

Most Dependable Van
Awardee(s): Oldsmobile Silhouette

Most Dependable Midsize Car
Awardee(s): Buick Century

Most Dependable Large Car
Awardee(s): Ford Crown Victoria

Most Dependable Midsize Sporty Car in a Tie
Awardee(s): Ford Mustang, Chevrolet SSR
2007 Initial Quality Study -

Highest Ranked Entry Premium Car in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Lincoln MKZ

Highest Ranked Midsize Sporty Car in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Ford Mustang

Highest Ranked Midsize Car in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Mercury Milan

Highest Ranked Van in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Chevrolet Express

Silver Plant Quality Award, North/South America
Awardee(s): General Motors Corporation - Oshawa #2, Ontario

Highest Ranked Large Car in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Pontiac Grand Prix

Highest Ranked Large Pickup in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Chevrolet Silverado Classic HD

Highest Ranked Large Premium Multi-Activity Vehicle in Initial Quality
Awardee(s): Lincoln Mark LT

Platinum Plant Quality Award, Worldwide
Awardee(s): Ford Motor Company - Wixom, MI
Look a few pages back and look at my list of "crap" GM vehicles, from the "worst" period of their history and see how they just, somehow, managed to not fall apart. Despite many owners (in some cases), and a fair amount of abuse.

And we've already talked about safety as well (in case you missed it).

So ultimately, US cars are quality, you are NOT getting less bang for the buck, less quality, or less safety by buying one, and, no matter how badly you want to believe the hype you are parroting, you would also be supporting American companies, American employees, and the American economy, which in the end is essentially supporting yourself and getting an even BETTER deal out of the purchase.

If you want to have your head in the sand (or up your ***) that's fine, but don't come in here all high and mighty spewing crap we all KNOW to be FALSE.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

PWNED!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, you're right. Racist and prejudiced against other human beings who are not exactly like them racially, NOT inanimate objects they happen to dislike.
So in your "car world" maybe you can say someone is a redneck if they dislike a brand because they hate the actual human beings who designed/engineered/built those import brands simply because they are racist towards the people themselves.
But NOT for any other reason (nationalism, trade, economics, whether correct or incorrect according to the said Econ 101 'professores' on here).

What exactly do you mean by "against any import car"??
Does that mean if someone simply refuses by choice to buy/own one (new OR used), they MUST BE a racist hardcore redneck according to your infinite wisdom (EVEN if they concur that there ARE fast, well built import nameplates)??

I will never buy/own an import nameplated car.
But I have NO PROBLEM at all with buying/owning a domestic nameplated 4 cylinder car.
Whoa your going pretty far with this. I don't think people call others rednecks in the "car world" because they simply don't like a certain car. I have friends who don't like imports and would take a domestic over an import anyday, they have pretty badass ride's too, but they don't go around calling everyone with another car that's not a rwd v8 a ricer or fanboy. So your last paragraph, by my infinite hardcore widsom...I disagree with...

This is just my opinion, but I think people call someone a redneck or see them as one in the car world when that person is calling everyone else a ricer. If he doesn't like imports who care's, but if he's gonna dish out the name calling don't expect them to not throw it right back at em. You call someone a ricer, he calls you a redneck, fair is fair. As some wise little kid once said, "you started it!"

Can't believe your making such a big deal out of this, lol, I simply said if your gonna call any car owner that happens to not own a GM rwd v8 a ricer or fanboy, then he'll prob call you a redneck, you hate on him, he/she'll hate on you. You can't get butthurt being called a redneck when your out calling everyone else a ricer or fanboy that happens to disagree with you on something (you as in the general you).

Originally Posted by 1fastz
PWNED!!!!!!
Nice, it's the Peanut gallery...
Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmy169
Whoa your going pretty far with this. I don't think people call others rednecks in the "car world" because they simply don't like a certain car. I have friends who don't like imports and would take a domestic over an import anyday, they have pretty badass ride's too, but they don't go around calling everyone with another car that's not a rwd v8 a ricer or fanboy. So your last paragraph, by my infinite hardcore widsom...I disagree with...

This is just my opinion, but I think people call someone a redneck or see them as one in the car world when that person is calling everyone else a ricer. If he doesn't like imports who care's, but if he's gonna dish out the name calling don't expect them to not throw it right back at em. You call someone a ricer, he calls you a redneck, fair is fair. As some wise little kid once said, "you started it!"

Can't believe your making such a big deal out of this, lol, I simply said if your gonna call any car owner that happens to not own a GM rwd v8 a ricer or fanboy, then he'll prob call you a redneck, you hate on him, he/she'll hate on you. You can't get butthurt being called a redneck when your out calling everyone else a ricer or fanboy that happens to disagree with you on something (you as in the general you).
OK, for the most part I agree with the above, and yes, my "infinite wisdom" crack was a little harsh and uncalled for.
I just thought you meant "hardcore redneck" in the generally accepted sense (bigoted, racist, right wing, etc.).
Anyone who seriously calls me this IS a fool/dumbazz/idiot, etc. given that I am NOT; right wing, racist, etc. and DO go out with Asian girls.
I actually prefer them to caucasian girls/women.
I try not to call people on here 'ricers' or such unless they have that; "ALL domestics HAVE TO BE; pure ****, slow, unreliable, etc. and ALL imports MUST BE; blindingly fast, perfect, infallible, etc." attitude.
I will call a lot of you Import Defense League members since a lot of you (as you've said, 'general' you) ONLY seem to be on this site for this purpose (in ONLY the SRK/Auto News/Racer's Lounge forums), and contribute nothing to the overall site (or other forums) other than "educating" us supposedly dumbass, rednecked, etc. domestic owners on the magnificent superiority of import nameplates (yup, sarcasm fully intended).
But even this is done most of the time in the 'give it and take it' tone of your above post.

Last edited by dailydriver; 05-05-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Import Defense League members

lol, I'll drink to that I like all sortsa cars, just seems the 4 bangers or v6's or inline 6's (well not so much inline 6's), be it imports or domestics, seem to get bashed on more often around here, if v8's that I liked got bashed, I'd defend em too.

I've praised certain posts on here, like info on the new challenger and camaro, etc, or the zr1 which I think is one sick puppy all around! But those posts are overlooked because we all agree on em, so it's easier to miss those and assume some of us are just here to defend imports.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dear DrkPhynx

Your right, I do see the light now! I must be Dense!
You ask me if I believe in what the media tells me and I clearly tell you that NO I don't. So you then proceed to bash the media that in your opinion love imports and hate domestics (that is your opinion and not something I can argue against) and then you rely on the media to prove a point that agrees with you. OK your right I am dense. Let's take a closer look at the media then.
I'll quote myself so there isn't an misunderstanding since you seem to enjoy misdirecting anything I say and embellishing things I don't...

They have finally produced a competitive car with the new Malibu and their truck line is still top notch...

...GM has the best line of trucks in the world, and they have the ability and the resources to do the same with their cars, but until they do Toyota and others will continue to out sell them.
I've already acknowledged that GM can produce cars that are equal to the competition and have never said that every car that GM makes is crap, however I'm gonna post the link to JD power so people can look at the COMPLETE lists rather than just the blurbs you decided to print since I don't have the time to scroll through each list and copy all the cars that have received 5 stars which FAR out number American vehicles.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...gs-by-category

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...gs-by-category

Look through all the lists and it's clear that for every car that an American company has received 5 stars for there's another 2 or 3 imports that also have received five stars. Look at the bottom of the lists and you'll notice more American cars that imports.
THAT is my point and THAT is what I have been saying all along.

But...hell how bout we use another independent study, how bout Consumer Reports...sure why not!

Best in class SUV's, Wagon's and Trucks
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...andpickups.htm

Best in Class Fuel efficient
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ntvehicles.htm

Best in Class family friendly
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...lyvehicles.htm

Best in Class Safety
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...lasssafety.htm

Best in Class owner satisfaction
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...tisfaction.htm

In every class up and down their list there was only one GM vehicle and that was the Chevy Silverado, unless you count foreign companies that GM has bought up...which you can if you'd like.

Point is I do my own research, do my own test drives and make my own opinions on what vehicles I buy, I did that when I bought my first car, I did that when I bought my truck and I'll do that when I buy my next car. And I don't need you preaching Old Glory into my Ear when I've been to the Middle East and other war zones for this country.

I've made it clear that I'm not an import lover and GM hater and that most media, biased or not, is still written by an individual or group of individuals with an opinion...something that I too have. Apparently that's a bad thing in your eyes which makes me dense...good to know, I'll try to improve on that.

This is a GM performance based forum and GM had one of the best line's of performance vehicles until they discontinued most of them but their drivetrain's are still top notch, and their after market far out does the competitors. Having that said it's obvious that people on these boards are gonna be pro X brand because they own one. But just because American power plants are IN MY OPINION the best out there does not mean that every damn vehicle made in this country is the best there is.

And thank you for posting these links...
Originally Posted by DrkPhynx

So, what about quality then? Surely the "educated" would not buy worthless American crap and waste their money, right? Instead they will be able to blindly support foriegn companies and get a better deal, right?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....00&postcount=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...ota_tundra.htm

I guess your the guy who can't read so I'll quote myself...AGAIN because you apparently can't read!
They have finally produced a competitive car with the new Malibu and their truck line is still top notch...

...GM has the best line of trucks in the world, and they have the ability and the resources to do the same with their cars, but until they do Toyota and others will continue to out sell them.
It takes a real genius like yourself to try and prove me wrong with links to things that prove me right... I'll let that sink in because your slow. I think I will go bury my head in the sand so I won't have to deal with idiots like you.
Are we done yet?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1fastz
PWNED!!!!!!
I'm still here buttercup!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious...do any of you actually work in the automotive industry or are you
merely outsiders looking in and speculating, bench racing, etc?

Quick Reply: GM Loses $3.25 Billion During First Quarter of 2008