Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Production 2010 Chevy Camaro Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Ever the optimist , are you a GM employee ?
Nah, more of a partial owner actually LOL.
I'm holding 16000 shares of GM right now.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well now , THAT would go a long way in explaining your position of being a total & complete optimist wouldn't it .
Are you any kin to the nine ball'r ?
Seriously though , I understand some GM dealerships have recently contributed their money to GM stock to show their confidence in their company . Now that takes ball's in this economy . We salute you sir ! SALUTE !
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn. good luck man id be nervous.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Are you any kin to the nine ball'r ?
Nah, I have met him (and his wife) a couple of times though.

Seriously though , I understand some GM dealerships have recently contributed their money to GM stock to show their confidence in their company . Now that takes ball's in this economy.
Yeah when I'd read about all those dealerships gettin' behind GM I knew it was a good sign. The company is certainly not out of the woods just yet but the stock price just had no place being as low as it was a few weeks ago, it had no where to go but back up.
And it has.

We salute you sir ! SALUTE !
Thanks

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
damn. good luck man id be nervous.
Thanks man, and I am a little nervous but I'm also confident in the future of this historically grand American corporation.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nah, I have met him (and his wife) a couple of times though.

Yeah when I'd read about all those dealerships gettin' behind GM I knew it was a good sign. The company is certainly not out of the woods just yet but the stock price just had no place being as low as it was a few weeks ago, it had no where to go but back up.
And it has.

Thanks

Thanks man, and I am a little nervous but I'm also confident in the future of this historically grand American corporation.

i'll try to help by getting a new camaro if things go well and dealers arent stupid and greedy.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i'll try to help by getting a new camaro if things go well and dealers arent stupid and greedy.
Thank you.
Everyone, go buy some G8s, Cobalts, Solstices and Silverados, please.
Oh and buy some Mustangs, F-150s, Focus's and Taurus's too, I own some Ford shares as well LOL.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Who ever wants truck suspension on their performance car is a moron.
Cars are made to do more than just go in a strait line, and IRS is a FAR superior setup for ride and handling, god forbid it might not grab traction off the line as well.

IRS what?

And yes, road courses and stuff, I would take IRS over a solid axle in some cases (some very nasty circuits with a lot of hairpins), but you are diluted if you think a solid axle can't hang with an IRS if it's setup correctly. Have you seen fbodys make awesome runs in Auto-x? :/ Like many on this site have said... "my car came with a steering wheel, and I intend to use it."
PS: don't take that last part out of context

If I REALLY wanted something more than straight line performance, I would have gotten a vette.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaunt
IRS what?

So would the 10 bolt that GM would've given the new Camaro be able to handle that? What are you bitching about, if you wanted to pull the wheels you'd have to completely re-work the suspension anyway, whether or not the car has IRS.

And yes, road courses and stuff, I would take IRS over a solid axle in some cases (some very nasty circuits with a lot of hairpins)
Hair pins don't show much of an advantage to IRS over a SRA. Its roads that are anything but perfectly flat(which are every road) that IRS starts to shine more.
, but you are diluted if you think a solid axle can't hang with an IRS if it's setup correctly. Have you seen fbodys make awesome runs in Auto-x? :/ Like many on this site have said... "my car came with a steering wheel, and I intend to use it."
PS: don't take that last part out of context
I guess you didn't bother to read my sig. My car is setup to turn, and sir, it does turn (while also riding better than stock too, thanks to being properly setup). BUT, IRS still has a much greater advantage.

If I REALLY wanted something more than straight line performance, I would have gotten a vette.
For $20,000 more...
This isn't the 60s anymore, people want an affordable car that will handle AND ride well for cheap, IRS is a much better setup for that.

Quick Reply: Production 2010 Chevy Camaro Revealed