Pontiac Soltice and Solstice GXP
Saturn Sky and Sky Redline
Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Chevrolet Trailblazer SS
Cadillac CTS and CTS-V
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
Cadillac STS and STS-V
Upcoming Camaro line

yea all ncie cars, but not everyone wants a **performance car** they make up a very small market segment and are high dollar cars
Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Codprice
but if i had the money id be buying their stock right now.
X2

Originally Posted by Tainted
i see gm sinking big time.. the zr1 is fantastic but elts face it, not many are being made and it wont save them.. they need to sell a peoples car and the civic and all is jsut kicking their ***.
Civic... I hate that freakin' car even the name sounds pathetic. I rode in my coworker's new civic the other day and it's fit and finish was utter crap, I mean even the door trim didn't fit the door properly, on either side. There was this gap I could stick two fingers in that corner. And people complained about GM's fit and finish...yeah
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich2279
Just heard today that 14 GM dealerships shut down.
True... but they were all "Bill Heard Chevy" dealerships. "Bill Heard" has been having problems for the last couple of years. Local one here shut down about a year ago or so.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9070536
Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They apparently are having legal problems which is why they are closing supposedly.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/25/w...ll-13-stores/2
Old 09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No surprise there.... local one here was in the news all the time.... for similar reasons.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
No?
You are a performance car enthusiast correct? I only make this assumption because you are posting on a car enthusiast board right now.
And yet you're not aware of the:

Corvette
Corvette Z06
Corvette ZR1
Pontiac G8 GT (and upcoming GXP model)
Pontiac Soltice and Solstice GXP
Saturn Sky and Sky Redline
Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Chevrolet Trailblazer SS
Cadillac CTS and CTS-V
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
Cadillac STS and STS-V
Upcoming Camaro line

etc?

It is quite interesting that you're unaware of all these awesome vehicles, not to mention the rest of their also excellent 'non performance related' models, perhaps you need to be a little more alert/observant/perceptive, maybe it's not GM's fault?
I ran into this reply a bit late, but yes, I am aware of GM's high performance offerings, but not even you "The real car enthusiast" could tell me all about the Buicks on the lot, the names of all of the SUV's, or what the Saturn line's newest 4 door has to offer. Do you seriously care about those models?

The commercials of someone driving a car to some classic rock do nothing for me. They don't describe the car or sell me on a Cadillac convertable for over 50k or a Z71 truck (I own an older one) that apparently was meant to drive over the desert environment like you're racing the Baja 1000.

Put out a commercial showing your product (Cobalt SS), your competitor (Civic Si) and the stats, features, and an entertaining clip of the Cobalt driver watching the Civic Si get smaller in his/her rearview. That may appeal to the tuner crowd and get the message across.

"Chevy, an American Revolution is hard to swallow" after waiting so long for the Camaro launch. And Pontiac should show a G8 GT drifting in an ad and say "Not that you would do this, but you could. Pontiac power."

Hit me up if you want ideas for ads that would work better than showing a 40 year old guy grinning as he drives a car to classic rock. Or the insultingly stupid flying car carrier. I guess you loved that comercial to, huh?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Does anyone know where I can watch this online? I can't seem to find it and I missed it on TV.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JosephIV
I ran into this reply a bit late, but yes, I am aware of GM's high performance offerings, but not even you "The real car enthusiast" could tell me all about the Buicks on the lot, the names of all of the SUV's, or what the Saturn line's newest 4 door has to offer. Do you seriously care about those models?

The commercials of someone driving a car to some classic rock do nothing for me. They don't describe the car or sell me on a Cadillac convertable for over 50k or a Z71 truck (I own an older one) that apparently was meant to drive over the desert environment like you're racing the Baja 1000.

Put out a commercial showing your product (Cobalt SS), your competitor (Civic Si) and the stats, features, and an entertaining clip of the Cobalt driver watching the Civic Si get smaller in his/her rearview. That may appeal to the tuner crowd and get the message across.

"Chevy, an American Revolution is hard to swallow" after waiting so long for the Camaro launch. And Pontiac should show a G8 GT drifting in an ad and say "Not that you would do this, but you could. Pontiac power."

Hit me up if you want ideas for ads that would work better than showing a 40 year old guy grinning as he drives a car to classic rock. Or the insultingly stupid flying car carrier. I guess you loved that comercial to, huh?
To keep it simple, you stated that you weren't even aware of GM's offerings were these days and I, being quite confused by that, countered with some names that I was sure you HAD in fact heard of.

Have you or have you not heard of any of the cars I'd listed and if you haven't which country have you been hiding in for the last few years?
A simple yes or no works.

Quick Reply: Saving GM