Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

winter driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all this ish, Im never moving.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Teching In

I am new to my V and will be driving it in Canadian winters. I have my 3M installed, a set of LM-25 Blizzacks ready to mount and look forward to powersiding every corner! I would rather drive my V than a beater. Hell, I could drive our company spare 2003 duramax, but I hate trucks...
Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

ive driven my lt1 for the past 3 winters with snows. that thing was better than my any truck in 2wd. i only got stuck once and i was tryin to bust 3foot snow drifts. i want a winter beater but insurance for a small economy car is over twice of my camaro and a c5 vette is less than my camaro on insurance. i can buy a eco car and a cts-v but i cant do over 600 a month for a honda on insurance.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

I too would rather drive a V all year long, especially with Blizzaks. That would be fun. But I cant feel good about subjecting my V to salt on the road. And the sand blast that goes with it. I was under it the other day and the bottom looks so clean/unrusted. I will keep it that way, and roll something else through the snow.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
You're absolutely right... actually I was thinking an older Jeep Cherokee, Blazer, Etc... but RWD can be fun in the winter and I've been longing to try it again after 10+ years of FWD. I actually started out driving a RWD Nissan pickup during the winters, then moved to a Fiero... so I have had some experience with it.
RWD is useless in the winter. If you think sitting in one spot, spinning tires, and constantly being immobile is fun, then hey RWD is for you! lol I prefer to get places during the winter, for me its either 4x4 or FWD in snow. Plus, it's a joke to tail whip with any vehicle in the winter!

Toss some studded tires on and you're all set

Quick Reply: winter driving