Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My next project: CTSV Drifter....Your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
His motor was stock also.....hehe, wait to see what I'm going to build.

The Goal: 8k RPM LSX
Old 12-25-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SS500,

I'm gonna order the exhaust mufflers first, some supertrapp elite's, and then gonna get 'em installed before I go out to MSR; which I'm eyeing the 30th, 31st, and 1st.. unless I see which shops out there will weld 'em on quick.

8K rpm? holy crap, I'd be looking at a bored out vortec 4800 actually. Since the 4.8L's used an 83mm stroke which seems friendlier to high rpm.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OKcruising
SS500,

I'm gonna order the exhaust mufflers first, some supertrapp elite's, and then gonna get 'em installed before I go out to MSR; which I'm eyeing the 30th, 31st, and 1st.. unless I see which shops out there will weld 'em on quick.

8K rpm? holy crap, I'd be looking at a bored out vortec 4800 actually. Since the 4.8L's used an 83mm stroke which seems friendlier to high rpm.
UM, Dude, have Joe Muffler do it for sure. Ask Nick, he knows him.....He is who you want, trust me.....Anyways, just call me when you get back...

I pulled my LS6 to 7600k. 8k wasn't far....A 4.8 in the V....Remember its heavy.....But you said we could get it down to almost 3300lbs.....
Old 12-25-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

True.

When you tear out the interior(seats, dash, steering wheel, carpets, stereo), ditch the A/C, new serp. belt, lightweight battery... I see 3300-3400 being entirely reasonable and the car will feel entirely different.

However, aren't the seat belts integrated into the seats? If that's the case, then when you start ditching the interior, then a cage will be mandatory for the belts.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OKcruising
True.

When you tear out the interior(seats, dash, steering wheel, carpets, stereo), ditch the A/C, new serp. belt, lightweight battery... I see 3300-3400 being entirely reasonable and the car will feel entirely different.

However, aren't the seat belts integrated into the seats? If that's the case, then when you start ditching the interior, then a cage will be mandatory for the belts.
You are to smart! Call me, I want to tell you about my convo with "Montie" earlier!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Your in Frisco, come show me your V....Ill race you with my slow jeep....
Ya I live in frisco but I dont have the V yet!!! I love that car and will have it this time in 2009! I will def give you a run in your "slow" jeep!! lol! Not to sure that its slow since I've seen what they can do!! Im actually gonna get my current car down to about 5k before I trade it in and get the V! besides it will be HELLA cheaper by then!!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Ya I live in frisco but I dont have the V yet!!! I love that car and will have it this time in 2009! I will def give you a run in your "slow" jeep!! lol! Not to sure that its slow since I've seen what they can do!! Im actually gonna get my current car down to about 5k before I trade it in and get the V! besides it will be HELLA cheaper by then!!
So, thats a 3.6 drifting in that photo? That's pimp! Those things are still not slow.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moYKi7ZUQd8

Here some action of the slow jeep.....there are vids of me in "related videos" whooin some cars....
Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
So, thats a 3.6 drifting in that photo? That's pimp! Those things are still not slow.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moYKi7ZUQd8

Here some action of the slow jeep.....there are vids of me in "related videos" whooin some cars....
lol, no! I dont have a cts(yet). The car in the picture is a V, but not mine! I is the same color of the V that I am going to get! I actually drive a chrysler sebring coupe... Yes I now! it sucks! I envey you ALL until I get my V

p.s. didnt mean to make it look like thats what I drive.. I even stated in my car info that I have the Sebring but will be getting the V in late 2009... (my wife gave me permission... lol, it sad)
Old 12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
lol, no! I dont have a cts(yet). The car in the picture is a V, but not mine! I is the same color of the V that I am going to get! I actually drive a chrysler sebring coupe... Yes I now! it sucks! I envey you ALL until I get my V

p.s. didnt mean to make it look like thats what I drive.. I even stated in my car info that I have the Sebring but will be getting the V in late 2009... (my wife gave me permission... lol, it sad)
Its cool, so your going to get an older V? Or a NEW V?

Quick Reply: My next project: CTSV Drifter....Your thoughts