Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What it takes to hit 498 rwhp on an auto 2009 cts v

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BacDoc
Well if we're spending $40k...

I love my V but the loist of problems is a mile long. It's takes serious cash to get to stock V2 numbers. The maggie V1's aren't even as fast as the stock V2. And if you're judging dollar for dollar you have to use sticker prices. For $10k more your getting twice the car in the V2.

This time next year, I'll pick up a V2 in the $40k's or less.
you are probably right about the price, but I'm not sure about "twice the car". I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you compare the 09 V to the ZR1, you realized that GM saved money in the V such as the cast internals and lower compression ratio. If the V had the actural zr1 engine.....I would never have posted, and kept my mouth shut about the Gen2. Either way, the Gen2 has still got a huge ***!!!!!!!! I can't understand why the rear looks so damn big.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
my car out runs the new V's on motor...
You must be running a built block and all. But how are you putting that power down....with a stock diff?

Originally Posted by needactsv
you are probably right about the price, but I'm not sure about "twice the car". I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you compare the 09 V to the ZR1, you realized that GM saved money in the V such as the cast internals and lower compression ratio. If the V had the actural zr1 engine.....I would never have posted, and kept my mouth shut about the Gen2. Either way, the Gen2 has still got a huge ***!!!!!!!! I can't understand why the rear looks so damn big.
i
Well considering I haven't driven a new V I'm going off numerous reviews. I'm not talking just straight line stuff. When a car that big and heavy pulls off the Ring in that kinda time....you know it's in another league overall. As for the ZR1 it is twice the car....costs that much too.

But one thing we agree on, the V1 is the better looking ride.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Whats the mileage on both vehicles ? I'm almost betting the auto has more miles on it (broken in) and the manual is still pretty fresh (not broken in)
Old 02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Razorecko. I MADE SURE THEY HAD EXACTLY the same mileage on each test car. Actually to the exact mileage by driving around the block a few more times... Im picky like that. All test cars where broke in the exact same way also and i was the only one driving them all during breakin.. I wanted the dynos to be bullit proof and accurate as possible for people. No inflation, no tricks, just flat out exact results..

I Even don't post the numbers that where higher than 6200 rpms as that wouldnt be a fair comparison between the stock vs my modded ecm that goes up to 6500 and still pulls higher hp and the gains would obviously be much higher yet...

If you REALLLY want me to, i can redyno my other car that has had about 2 bottles of a 200 shot thru it and see how much hp it still makes in stock form if you want me to prove that they are "Broken in" lol It has 873 miles on it. Im sure the nitrous has warn things out a bit. I just dont see that being the case. And of coarse now im flawed because the temp outside and humidity ect will all be different, so if i gain or loose 1 hp that would throw off everything. LOL
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

^ it was a simple question - no need to be a d*ck about it.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry if i came across like that. I didn't mean anything bad at all by it.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think you sounded like a dick.

Just a little like a mad scientist, as usual.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

I think the point i was trying to make in the thread on the other forum is that you just cant make 39 horsepower by just changing fuel. All those guys are selling is a Maf translater that they are setting some screws and then selling them for 600 bucks. What a rip. A customer can buy a maf translator for 100-200.. But that is a bad idea. It is a hack and only changes fuel.
All it is doing is changing the fuel ratio nothing more, nothing less.. But the computer is going to be using other modes to fix itself.. That is what it does.

The air fuel ratio in the dyno runs with my tuned ecm is a completely flat line of 11.733.

I had posted the numbers alone of what that fuel change did in the post on that forum. It wasnt 39hp. I wish it would because that then would make my tuned ecm make more power... But it dont.

Just like when Cat overtemp protection kicks in, which it does alot, then THIER system is now flawed because all gains if any are now lost... So there goes a good quarter mile gain..

I was being nice in thier thread and just posting how they can put up a REAL dyno graph so people can add it to the list of good dyno runs.

But if you have a car with a 3.23 or a 3.42 rear gear ratio, and dyno it in 3rd gear "instead of 4th" and insert a rear gear ratio of 4.90 in it. AND set it to show Front flywheel engine hp instead of rear wheel, "But tell everyone it is rear wheel even though it says the mode at the top of the graph" All numbers are going to be WAY off.
So thier Gain is amplified and False. Which dont seem fair to anyone that has trust in a sponser to tell them everything truthfully. Not all caddy people are suckers. Im just telling them the way it is..
That might **** off some people but i can offer people that anyone can call that would also tell them the same thing....
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

k, no offense taken wait. I know with my jeep srt8 it opened up considerably after the first 6k miles and i've heard this from other owners also. Now It could be imaginary, it could be the motor, or it could even be the programming holding back untill everything is broken in. The only way we'll know is how you mentioned, lots of track time, dyno's and #'s. Just as it is with any other sports vehicle
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
shweet. Go find Hennessey and put it to them Jess...Im sure they are charging uber cheese for their 610 crank hp package....which i dont think even puts down 498.

Why is the auto putting down more than the 6 speed manual? How is there more drivetrain loss in the manual?
uuuhhhhmmmm$7,950.00 USD to be exact!!!!ouchhhhhhhhhh compared to that Jesse's packages are the deal of a lifetime.....
Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 PM

Wait4Me- I'm interested in your mods; I live in Indianapolis and might come up to see you. I picked up my '09 V beginning of the year but only have 500 miles on it since it won't stop snowing. Did you indicate that your mod will increase the redline to 6500RPM, but the increases you listed were @6200 RPM to keep everything even? Also, you indicate that the manual demonstrates larger gains than the auto?

Thanks- just looking for clarification
Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Teching In

I know I sound like a newb (because I am here) what is a maggie? Also, when you guys put a tune on the '09s, do you have problems with the dealer/warranty? or do you just reflash to stock?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dallas_Fubar
I know I sound like a newb (because I am here) what is a maggie? Also, when you guys put a tune on the '09s, do you have problems with the dealer/warranty? or do you just reflash to stock?
Maggie = http://www.magnacharger.com/sc-cts-v.htm
Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dallas_Fubar
Thanks
welcome to the site buddy.

< Will with the jet black V