Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

dealership f'd my car up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009 | 10:08 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

I feel your pain bro! its not even my car and im pissed. I have extreme anxiety when taking my vehicles for inspections and warranty issues. I pay for that vehicle... doesn't give any little **** the right to beat on what im paying for. im sorry ur dealing with this. I don't have the patience and would have already made an example out of the counter clerk and asked for the mechanic who "fixed" my vehicle! good luck bro. don't settle for nothing less than his left nut!
Old 02-22-2009 | 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else?
please tell me your not serious?
Old 02-22-2009 | 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by built408
so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, I don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else? And for a Cadillac dealership 30 miles is an average test drive to verify the problem has been fixed. I work at a chevy dealership and we are suppose to drive 10-15 miles, then out quality control does about another 10 miles. What was the problem with the car?

i pray your not serious about saying theres no problem with what he encountered... if i ever caught you whoopin on my car at the dealership u work at... o god... theres a good chance u'd be on state paid disability for a while, and a great chance u'd never be able to drive a stick shift again.......

u dealership punks make me sick..... ur the reason people dont buy american anymore, **** salesmen and **** service departments.
Old 02-23-2009 | 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow... This is the first car ive ever cared to have a warranty on. And then i read **** like this, and i remember why i do all my own work or have people i trust do it. But the car is staying stock and still has warranty... so ill have the dealer fix everything.

I just need to borrow my buddies OBDII recorder i guess.

I cant stand leaving my cars places. Especially the turbo camaro, even for tires or anything... I normally walk the manager out, take a picture of the odo infront of him. Its never been driven over a mile.
Old 02-23-2009 | 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
Wow... This is the first car ive ever cared to have a warranty on. And then i read **** like this, and i remember why i do all my own work or have people i trust do it. But the car is staying stock and still has warranty... so ill have the dealer fix everything.

I just need to borrow my buddies OBDII recorder i guess.

I cant stand leaving my cars places. Especially the turbo camaro, even for tires or anything... I normally walk the manager out, take a picture of the odo infront of him. Its never been driven over a mile.
believe me if i didnt have the warranty no one but myself would put there hands on it. it is nice to not have to work on it or pay but after all this i would much rather do it myelf
Old 02-23-2009 | 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOATDOCTOR
believe me if i didnt have the warranty no one but myself would put there hands on it. it is nice to not have to work on it or pay but after all this i would much rather do it myelf
Yeah i hear ya. Thats why im keeping the warranty... I know the rear will go. And ive got too many projects to have to fix my DD. I dont blame you at all. Just sucks that you cant even trust the dealer. Ive gotta imagine MOST people would notice if their car way romped on. So why does it keep happening? New punk kids being hired?

Im not saying i wouldnt drive the car hard if i was in the same situation... but theres a difference between driving it hard and abuse.
Old 02-23-2009 | 12:41 AM
Launching!

"Im not saying i wouldnt drive the car hard if i was in the same situation... but theres a difference between driving it hard and abuse".

i hear you man! ive driven that car hard for a year and never had an issue. we know how to drive it and respect it at the same time. one of theese punk asses simply drove it like they stole it.

i know a few guys that got hired right outta highschool. none of them have the slightest clue as to what they are doing!!!! one of them actually recently blew up a motor by putting too much oil in it!!! filled it too above the cam! theese are the wing nuts working on our car unfortunately
Old 02-23-2009 | 07:40 AM
On The Tree

This is why I always turn on the tracking on the nav. unit if I must have someone else working on my V.

But 8 MPG!!!! hole **** they really beat the **** out of it, when I drive mine hard, like what you said, I’m 10-11 mpg.

This also make me sad to read because I just dropped off my V at a local shop this morning, (that I trust, but doesn’t mean anything) to have the adjustor verify that reverse grinds, pops out, and is shot so they can install a new one under the warranty. Yes tracking is on, but I didn’t reset the G meter, trim meter, or check the mpg.

Keeping fingers corssed.

Last edited by 92nsx; 02-23-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2009 | 08:54 AM
On The Tree

If I'm not mistaken tracking will show the route but no information about speed while traveling.

I get very anxious dropping off my V at the dealer. So far Kelley Cadillac has taken good care of my car!

I dont think that someone test driving a car gives them the right to beat on it. I can understand getting after it a little but -- 8 mpg thats absurd!!!!
Old 02-23-2009 | 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by built408
so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, I don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else? And for a Cadillac dealership 30 miles is an average test drive to verify the problem has been fixed. I work at a chevy dealership and we are suppose to drive 10-15 miles, then out quality control does about another 10 miles. What was the problem with the car?
Hey buddy, What dealership do you work at again???? I like the way you think and want to bring my car into your dealership..... Besides I need a new car and if you think its ok to drive it hard enough to equal 8 miles to the gallon then your gonna be buying my new CTS-V here pretty soon!!! Like I said, I like the way you think
Old 02-23-2009 | 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ya i would fucken kill someone if they beat on my stock car!

I went to where i used to work to get my tired installed and an alignment but reading this even scares me about what they could have done on the testdrive to check that the alignment is good. When i get my nittos this year i will watch the whole time!
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:44 PM
Launching!

when you guys say g meter are you talking about the g force guage?
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOATDOCTOR
when you guys say g meter are you talking about the g force guage?
Yep just to see it they took any hard corners or tried to drift the car at all. The spike would show on the g meter.
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:51 PM
Launching!

how do u do that? i didnt even know that it could record???
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:55 PM
On The Tree

The g' meter in the display under the RPMs. To reset just have the g meter up on display and hold the button (same one for toggling between the screens) for 3-5 sec.

Or disconnect battery for 30 sec.
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:57 PM
Launching!

nice thanks! and how do you see the recordings? is it like a push meter where a mark goes to the highest?
Old 02-23-2009 | 02:58 PM
On The Tree

correct, and the number is displayed on the left and right side of the screen for the max g force reached in each direction
Old 02-23-2009 | 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Here you also go. from caddyfaq.com. (interior page 2, in the middle)

To reset the G monitor in the Driver Information Center do the following:

1. Press the far left top button on the steering wheel until the DIC shows the G meter display

2. Press and hold the bottom button (page back) until the g meter resets
Old 02-23-2009 | 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

goddamn that's ridiculous. At our shop we make a point as to baby the Hi-po stuff unless it needs it, and even then we won't do it without the owners consent and major encouragement from us to ride shotgun.for 8 MPG they'd have to be beating the ever loving **** outta it.
Old 02-23-2009 | 03:03 PM
Launching!

thank you very much! i know ive never really turned the car hard so maybe i can look at that too. havent heard from them yet but i will be checking in with them today. something else a friend of mine brought up was he asked me if it had been raining while my car was there. which would explain no large amounts of rubber under car and extremely high rpm situations and there fore explaining the 8 mpg. my thoughts are redline donuts in the parking lot or something of the sort...

Quick Reply: dealership f'd my car up!