Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

dealership f'd my car up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dealership f'd my car up!

lets see..... well i picked up my car today and i got back to my shop which is 8 miles away, and the car was running 225-230 degrees and the oil temp was 225-230. so then i started checking it over and here is what i found! my brand new magnaflow ss tips (magnaflow cat back) were black, the oil smelled burnt, the car smelled hammered, they put over 30 miles on the car (20 + what they had wrote on the invoice) the the avg mpg was low 8!!! when i drive it hard i still get around 10! they didnt fix have the s*#@t they were supposed to, and i called bitching and the manager says "can you bring it back at your convenience?" and i started to drive back and i jumped on it slightly to feel it out and it started pinging and ground terribly into second! so i had them tow it back and they gave me a rental. the manager didnt have much to say except sorry.

im not convinced this problem is going to be dealt with properly, anyone have any advice or opinions??

has anyone had any of this happen to them before?

my car felt like somebody beat the living daylights out of it!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

call the bureau of automotive repair, most shops have designated test drive routes for insurance purposes ask to see theirs, i highly doubt that they replaced anything that required a thirty mile drive. sometimes a customer at my shop has a complaint that requires me to drive the car a while because it makes a certain noise or some other symptom but the farthest ever was like 3 laps around our test drive route which totaled about 3 miles. Unless you got a new engine,trans, or differential that requires a break in that 30 mile difference is bogus, with B.A.R. involved it might lead to a refund and/or replacement of anything that was damaged.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow sorry to hear it man, i suggest you ride them hard while they are fixing it. don't give up until you get exactly what you want. other then that resist the urge to drive up there and kill someone(certainly running through your mind). good luck i hope all goes well, on the other hand, if it goes well you might get a new motor and trans.....
Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, that sucks. Did you reset the G meter like I suggested?
I'd let the dealership handle it and if they start dicking you around I'd start climbing the food chain.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Launching!

When I got mine back from the dealer they had put 15 miles on it and reset the G-meter.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

I had my rear end replaced, dealership put 10 miles on the car. Sounds like you had what reciently happen on a subaru board.
Post #128
http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showt...=106147&page=9
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man sorry to hear that, Id climb the food chain though buddy..thats your car and someones gone Joyridin !!!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would of bitched, but Never NEVER taken it back to that dealer.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Launching!

they typed on the invoice the in and the out mileage. what they logged for test driving was 11 miles. which to me seems a little excessive. i could do some serious damage in under a mile! but the problem is that there was another 20+ tacked on there on top of that for a total of over 30! that is ridiculous.... if you ask me the guy that cleans it or is supposed to put it away had one hell of a time!

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
beleive me the last thing i want is for my car to go back there but they fd it up and they need to figure it out. once i start getting some answers, which i will be riding them hard, then i will work on taking it somewhere else.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
i would be extremely surprised if anyone gets the chance to joy ride that car again. the service manager had his tail between his legs. he certainly isnt used to having a customer that knows more about engines and drivetrain than him. i veleive what i tol him before i boned out in my DTS rental! lol.. was "i was about to leak it down and you would have been buying me a motor already but it was to hot!" he didnt say much after that.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, I don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else? And for a Cadillac dealership 30 miles is an average test drive to verify the problem has been fixed. I work at a chevy dealership and we are suppose to drive 10-15 miles, then out quality control does about another 10 miles. What was the problem with the car?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by built408
so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, I don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else? And for a Cadillac dealership 30 miles is an average test drive to verify the problem has been fixed. I work at a chevy dealership and we are suppose to drive 10-15 miles, then out quality control does about another 10 miles. What was the problem with the car?
Because it isnt their car? Seriously you're telling me you wouldnt mind bringing your car into a dealership and let some kid beat on it? You're retarded. I'd never bring my car to the dealership you work at, obviously they dont care about the treatment of customers cars with your mentality there.

On the other side, make sure everything is fixed, dont let them push you around and what not. Report this to the BBB and see what else can be done, as they're in for a rude awakening. GL and keep us posted on the situation.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

You married your wife so you could bang her, so whats the problem if someone else does it every now and then (ya know, when she goes in for that "checkup"

IMO, sounds like the work got done then the porter went to clean it and had a little fun with those wet tires...

I vote for 30 mile test drive of a V2. And by 30 miles....I mean 30 mile long burnout
Old 02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, I don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else?
Getting on it to check a problem and beating the **** out of it is a big difference.

If you took your truck in for an alignment and they test drove it and sprayed your kit would you be mad? Their just making sure it doesn't wonder at 120+. Oh, and when they get back they melted a hole in one of your pistons or put a window in the block, you wou;dn't be mad because your truck is meant to be raced.

You've got to be a troll or a total dipshit to not see that there is a problem with what they did.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Friend of mine has a recorder you plug into the diagnostic port that records driving data. He caught a dealership red handed once.

Seems somebody was bragging about outrunning his car in town and he found out that they had raced his vette (has very obvious vanity tag). This was before he had even went and picked it up (small town). So he walks in with his laptop pulls the recorder (retards left it in) and got the data off it. Once the manager saw the top speed (140+) he flipped out and comp'd the work done and gave him free maintenance for a year.

All for a leaky water pump seal LOL

He says he stands there while they check everything and pour in his oil every 3k miles.

When he sold it a while back they detailed it for free
Old 02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just treat this as a learning experience. Don't take your car to the dealer anymore.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Launching!

so somebody was getting on your car and your mad? Thats what the car was made to do, i don't see any problem here. Whats the difference between you flooring it and somebody else? And for a cadillac dealership 30 miles is an average test drive to verify the problem has been fixed. I work at a chevy dealership and we are suppose to drive 10-15 miles, then out quality control does about another 10 miles. What was the problem with the car?
read the top of the thread!

The difference is i own the car, i pay for it and i care about it. You think this is acceptable? Ill make sure i dont go to your dealer
Old 02-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Launching!

HEY BUILT 408, do you have a boat? doubt it but if you do or ever get one bring it by my shop and ill make sure to lake test it for you
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

this is probably the guy who worked on your car
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

That's the reason I learned to do the work myself. Good luck OP! Let us know how it turned out.

Quick Reply: dealership f'd my car up!