Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTSV or SRT8 Charger or Pont G8

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been a fan of chrysler but try to give them a chance. The quality of the cars they make are horrible. I find it hilarious when you have a commercial stating something about them being the most reliable Chrysler vehicles yet!!! LOL

I'm a pretty easy person to please when it comes to cars although at heart I'm a Ford guy. I'm loyal but if I find something that intrigues me I have no problem switching. For the money the cts is the winner hands down. I happen to like the G8 but putting up nearly $40k so you can get a manual tranny is insane! You might as well buy a V2.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by why me
sorry but 7 grand for 70 horse. different rims and front brembo brakes. i will pass yeah it has a good bottom end but that is all your paying for. the heads are l92/ls3 heads(same thing) and intake is pretty much same thing. so for 7 grand i can put a aps twin kit on the gt and fly.
My thoughts exactly....my G8 get looks everywhere I go too

Last edited by pgoffner; 04-15-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=racerns;11405727]...So RangerRob, I would love to meet up with you at a stop light some day. QUOTE]

Anytime brother, i've never taken my car to dragstrip, however, i have been to a few closed course tracks, Summit Point Raceway, and Autobahn Country Club. At Autobahn I had no issues passing an Audi R8 and numerous porsches, let's just make sure the stop light is on a very curvy road and we'll see who is in who's rearview
Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pgoffner

Nice looking car...what color is that? My neighbor has a charcoal gray G8, and from the looks of things it's a solid car. It almost looks as if the car is european.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

What is it that your looking for besides what you stated in your opening post? Status? Class? Or just a daily driver with room and a V8? If three guys were to stand in a circle stating their DD.... one G8, one SRT-8 and one V. The topic of conversation would be the cadillac with the corvette motor.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

That is a a sick G8! Coolest I've seen by far. Rims look amazing. I'm sure it sounds great...it would definitely turn my head on the street.

Still, though...for my 27K (roughly the price of the G8 GT) I would cut a deal on a Maggie'd/CCW'd V
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

CTSV first
G8 GXP- second
G8 GT- a distant third....no manual option.
Charger- never
Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pgoffner

No offense but it looks like a bimmer with a ram air hood. A quick glance while you're buzzing the other direction down the highway and I would think bmw. Granted the car does look very very good and does get you attention. But it even looks like you tried to go bimmer with those wheels too.

Thats why I like the V. There is no mistaking the caddy for any other vehical on the road.

By the way, I'm not trying to rag on you at all. I'm a V purist and thats what I always go for because I own one. Your car is awesome and I want your wheels on my V!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those look like CSL replica wheels.....car does look like a bimmer.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

I can't stomach some buttered over "poor old negro thinks it's a cadillac" (pontiac) gracing the cts-v section without my big ***** in your gas tank to fill it full of my pith.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
"poor old negro "
Are you referring to the person who put that turbo in your trunk?

And the question remains.....
Why would anyone ADD power to a 1st Gen CTS-V whose rear CANNOT handle the STOCK power ??????

Last edited by TT C6; 04-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TT C6
for a pimp with two c6's (his words & 0% financing)
you should stick to one color lipstick, cuz my d*k is starting to look like a rainbow, son.

i'll call u son,son, you call me dad.

HOW CAN I REACH DEEZ KEEDZ!!??
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^
Old 04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TT C6

And the question remains.....
Why would anyone ADD power to a 1st Gen CTS-V whose rear CANNOT handle the STOCK power ??????
it's all in how you drive it........of course your not gonna be able to run 9s, but how many cars can you put 500 to the wheels and expect to have no problems at all. how many people have built motors and put power adders on fbodies with the stock 10 bolt? might wanna rethink your comment.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

the only thing that douche' thinks about is cutting a small hole in a over ripe gorde and sticking it in the microwave till it's luke warm and phukkin it till his baby pop cck hones it out .20 over.

i'll bet he drives a 1974 duster with air shocks and race gloves.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Really thou, show me a V that can hit 11's flat without 8K+ in mods in the rear end alone, not to mention all the engine mods needed. I havent even see one do it, yet here is a A6 G8 GT doin it up, https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g...-turbo-g8.html. Dont sleep on the G8's, they dont have nav, the fast ones are only auto, cuz the GXP anit showin ****, but god damn are they puttin in work. Personally, get the 09 V, mod it to **** with some of wait4me's mods and call it a day.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by idoitforv
Really thou, show me a V that can hit 11's flat without 8K+ in mods in the rear end alone, not to mention all the engine mods needed. I havent even see one do it, yet here is a A6 G8 GT doin it up, https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g...-turbo-g8.html. Dont sleep on the G8's, they dont have nav, the fast ones are only auto, cuz the GXP anit showin ****, but god damn are they puttin in work. Personally, get the 09 V, mod it to **** with some of wait4me's mods and call it a day.
I didnt do all this work to get my V down the 1/4 the fastest. To be honest, my car has never and will probable never see a track in its life. Maybe a road course but thats a maybe.

The reason I choose to add power to the V as well as many others is because its just a kick *** car. You just dont see V's running around taking old women to the mall. Who cares if a G8 will get down the track or launch without shattering the *** end all over the track. If you want to do that, thats fine, go buy something else. Nobody has ever claimed that the V is a 1/4 mile monster and thats why I cant figure out why everybody is hung up on it. It wasn't designed to be. If you want a car that can go down the track, DONT BUY A V unless you want to dump some cash. If you want a car that is much more classy and just all around more bad ***, buy a V. There is no denying that a V has an awesome bad *** factor. I mean come on. Its a hot rod caddy! Hot rod pontiac just doesn't really do it for me.

I love my V and have come to terms with the fact that it cannot do everything well. But name one car that can! Its difficult isn't it. Name a car that can cut an 11 flat yet still be a comfortable cruising car, then turn off at the first road course you see and bust out killer times. There aren't many cars that can do all of that. If they can, they are not cheap.

So take it with a grain of salt. All cars have their pros and cons and it all depends on what you want to do with the car and what goals you have. Some mod as a hobby, some mod to go fast. Some for both reasons. If you dont mind not being about to rip off a 1.6 60ft and an 11second 1/4 mile than great. I say a first gen V is in your future. If you have to have a car that can do that but dont want to mod the **** out of it, DO NOT BUY A V!!! You can drive a high hp V and not tear **** up. You just have to be more responsible with your right foot and now when to use it and when to back off. Its not rocket science.

Last edited by raven154; 04-26-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well said raven, i dont take mine to the track and if I did i wouldn't expect a 11 second pass. the reason i love my car is to be able to roll up next to someone in an fbody or mustang or chevelle etc, and be right next to them with a basically stock luxury car. everyone buys a car for a different reason and it's up to them to decide what they want. I agree that the V does not have the potential that a g8 does in the 1/4, but the g8 doesn't have the potential of the V in the turns and from a roll on the highway. with that said, we can go round about all day but no one will win we each like our cars too much to give up.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
well said raven, i dont take mine to the track and if I did i wouldn't expect a 11 second pass. the reason i love my car is to be able to roll up next to someone in an fbody or mustang or chevelle etc, and be right next to them with a basically stock luxury car. everyone buys a car for a different reason and it's up to them to decide what they want. I agree that the V does not have the potential that a g8 does in the 1/4, but the g8 doesn't have the potential of the V in the turns and from a roll on the highway. with that said, we can go round about all day but no one will win we each like our cars too much to give up.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
we can go round about all day but no one will win we each like our cars too much to give up.
That’s exactly what I mean, all I said was don’t sleep on the G8 and act like it is not a force to be reckoned with cuz it can easily be a monster for under 8K which is pretty good when it comes to gain in HP to price ratio. I use to own an 05 V, I drove a G8 GT and the brakes and handling just didn’t do it for me after the V, but as far as lux. Yea the V1 was lux back when it came out; now most off them have outdated Nav systems that the paint comes off the buttons and almost every review said the interior felt cheap, which it kinda did. I'm not hating on the V1 just stating facts (other then how I felt about the interior) Remember I said forget all the above and get the V2. Whether you like it or not you have to face other cars from a dig at street lights and that is the Achilles heel of the V. Of course on a road course that would be a whole different thing but he put up mostly muscle cars on his list, which would mean who can get down that 1/4 fastest. Anyways now that I have officialy , I'll get off my soap box.

Quick Reply: CTSV or SRT8 Charger or Pont G8