Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LPE performance package on my 09 cts-v tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPE performance package on my 09 cts-v tomorrow

I am taking my 09 CTS v apart tomorrow to install a LPE performance package. They say 630 hp 630 tq. Can anybody recommend a bigger rear tire for the stock 9 1/2" wheel. Michelin does not make a 315. I smokem bad now.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nitto invos are nice.

As far as the engine is concerned, your better off getting a custom package.

these prepackaged deals from these big name reputable shops end up just costing a lot of money.

Look at the situation between henessey performances expensive package for the 09 V's and what they put down to the ground versus what wait4me performance has done to there 09 V for a fraction of the price. They are making more power for signifcantly less money

so thats something you may want to look into. You are paying for the lingenfelter name, not necessarily added performance.

kinda similar to shoes....you pay for nikes brand name, which arent much better than the shoes that cost less than half under a less familiar brand.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

2 grand for a pulley, filter and tune? Seems a bit much unless they are installing it, dynoing it and it comes with a warranty.
How much boost do they say it will make?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
nitto invos are nice.

Look at the situation between henessey performances expensive package for the 09 V's and what they put down to the ground versus what wait4me performance has done to there 09 V for a fraction of the price. They are making more power for signifcantly less money
True dat. Hennessey's car seems slow and their numbers excessive for all they did to the car.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

sounds like he's already got it...

im sure you can get a pulley from one of the many pulley manufacturers for about 50 bucks, have jesse tune it and put a 60 dollar k&n in it. then id spent a few hundred on a nice cam for it. all good...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep sounds like he already got it too.

hell be disapointed when someone in the same car, who decided to get the parts themselves and a custom cam, hands him his *** on a silver platter while only spending 1/3 of the money.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Results?

Did you get your kit installed yet?

The 09 V that I looked at in Lexington already had PS2 Michelins. They're pricey but hold very well, and are the OEM choice on a lot of the high-powered Euro-stuff.

The problem with high torque at low rpms is that most rubber compounds will begin to liquify rather quickly with enthusiastic throttle application. Such is the nature of the beast and now you've gone and amplified the problem.

Seriously, short of a race or track-day only tire, The PS2 is one of the best you can get. You'll notice a better ride quality and wet traction too, over the run-flats on the earlier Vs . They're really not a cold weather tire and they do have a bit faster wear rate than most of the less expensive (read: harder) compounds, especially if your right foot is heavy.

Last edited by scatillac; 04-14-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
nitto invos are nice.

As far as the engine is concerned, your better off getting a custom package.

these prepackaged deals from these big name reputable shops end up just costing a lot of money.

so thats something you may want to look into. You are paying for the lingenfelter name, not necessarily added performance.

kinda similar to shoes....you pay for nikes brand name, which arent much better than the shoes that cost less than half under a less familiar brand.
Question is though, who has the ability to stand behind the work if something goes wrong? Who has invested thousands of dollars in to Research & Development with the products? LPE and HPE stand above the rest and have the ability to provide you with a warranty to back up the power!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by need4speedctsv
I am taking my 09 CTS v apart tomorrow to install a LPE performance package. They say 630 hp 630 tq. Can anybody recommend a bigger rear tire for the stock 9 1/2" wheel. Michelin does not make a 315. I smokem bad now.
With a 9.5" rim, you 'may' not get a 315 on it, if you do, it will not have a contact area as large as you think, and it may affect the sidewall flex, thus your handling. 305/30/19 are available from Michelin, Nitto, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Hankook-the Invos are $269/each at onlinetires.com. Check out these for your 315 size request:

www.tires.com
www.tirerack.com
www.onlinetires.com
Old 04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

I got invo's and they hook better than the ps2's. Not as well in handling but def more traction
Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JTHennessey
Question is though, who has the ability to stand behind the work if something goes wrong? Who has invested thousands of dollars in to Research & Development with the products? LPE and HPE stand above the rest and have the ability to provide you with a warranty to back up the power!
The answer is me. I can do any and all of that as all cars guys should that mod their $65K stuff. Why rely on someone else and pay thousands of dollars for it? This car thing is a hobby. It is what I enjoy doing and am as knowledgeable as the next gear head. I just ask that you build good parts for me to roll with.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

My $0.02. You already paid $65K for the car. Limited production model. Companies are investing thousands to make better, what has already smashed the competition. Pay the $2K for proven performance with warranty if you want it NOW. Sit back, wait about 6-8 months. There will be cams, head profiles, CAI and exhausts readily available to the public away from the specialty shops that are just as inexpensive as what is out there for the rest of the LSX's.