Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

WTB Maggie kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default WTB Maggie kit

Just wondering if anyone would recommend where to buy a maggie kit for my V. Is there any places that sells them cheaper then others? Also, with the next to impossible question, is there any setups out there that anyone has for sale used, or will in the coming months)? figured I would ask lol we know how hard used parts are to come by for the V.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-y6aDuqf8
play this,(me on the guitar) and then read my adlib version

wake up maggie i think i got suttin to say to you, it's late spetember and my ait's are far from cool, i know you keep me amused, but i feel i'm being used, but maggie you couldnt have died any mooooorre,...you lead me away from home, just to say my cts-v is blown, you shreded another belt, and that's a pain i could do without...
the boring full throttle run when you fall on your face, really shows your age, and that does worry me some cuz it was really embarrassing,
i get anxiety at all of your chokes, my wallet you didnt need to coax,
oh maggie i couldnt have died anymooooore,
you lead me away from home, you left me stranded and now i'm all alone,...

when all i needed was a guiding hand, but you turned into a ***** fckkka and what a ***** fukka you wore your bareings out.
all i did was wreck this thread, and in the moring my magna-volt will be dead,....

oh maggie i couldnt have cryed anymooooorrre =]

Last edited by PsiHigh; 04-27-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Just wondering if anyone would recommend where to buy a maggie kit for my V. Is there any places that sells them cheaper then others? Also, with the next to impossible question, is there any setups out there that anyone has for sale used, or will in the coming months)? figured I would ask lol we know how hard used parts are to come by for the V.
The kits are hard to come by used, so you really need to stay on top of the classifieds because they go quick. I think you can get a new kit from magnuson for $5500, but I don't know if that is the lowest available.

When you find one, I'll help you install it unless you're planning on having Fran do it.

And don't mind PsiHigh, he has the greatest FI system ever to grace the CTS-V world, so he likes to talk **** on all others. If you want to spend $8k+, you too could have this system that comes with an actual ******* for your car, fitting right between your mufflers and visable underneath the bumper.

If you want to spend 68% of the cost of his setup and still have 94% of the HP and a better looking TQ curve, get a maggie.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thnbaks for the suggestion CTSV, psihigh bothered me for a day now i dont even read his **** cause i know it worthless and a waste of time. you waste 20 minutes trying to translate his bullshit of a language.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

I got a used polished one for an 05 that was just rebuilt and had a 90mm tb added. Asking 5k + shipping. If no one bites now, I am putting it on next week
Old 04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Banned

"If you want to spend 68% of the cost of his setup and still have 94% of the HP and a better looking TQ curve, get a maggie."

lets do the math:
magnacharger new 5,400+tax and shipping = @6,000
headers which are a must= 1200
install for both plus tune= and grand total of @ 9,000

=] and you net roughly 14 rwhp per lb of psi vs a turbo where as the numbers are double...
plus heat soak and belt issues when you least expect them.
so yeah, it's all good baby baby!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
"If you want to spend 68% of the cost of his setup and still have 94% of the HP and a better looking TQ curve, get a maggie."

lets do the math:
magnacharger new 5,400+tax and shipping = @6,000
headers which are a must= 1200
install for both plus tune= and grand total of @ 9,000

=] and you net roughly 14 rwhp per lb of psi vs a turbo where as the numbers are double...
plus heat soak and belt issues when you least expect them.
so yeah, it's all good baby baby!

Headers aren't a must but will help. There are plenty of guys that have maggies without headers. Those looking to get the most out of them will eventually find themselves looking for headers.

Also, you can buy good used stuff and save money. The turbo is going to be one of the best mods if you are looking for unmatched mid to top end power. If you want a daily driver with a lot of low end, a roots type blower is a good option.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

The power adder choice is a simple one:

1) Stock Motor=Maggie, as 7-8 psi does not require engine upgrades, BTW you will not see more than 8 psi on a 112 unit, easy install, no lag, swap the rear pulleys, go with a 90mm TB, meth kit will not get you extra HP only safety
2) Stock Motor for owner looking for adventure=ProCharger, I run a 4.10" pulley on my C6, needs to be dynoed again, not sure on the boost, but unit can make 14 psi, have seen 12-14psi on stock LS2 with meth kits, it is not recommended, more PSI than a 112 unit can deliver
3) Stroker or Built Motor= Go with turbo, single fatty or twins, mad power, sky is the limit, severly underutilized if motor is stock

All are good chooices, I have a Maggie V as no one else in 2005 made a power adder, it has been reliable, no major issues. Have the PC in the C6, no issues, very different than a Maggie, easy to up boost without slippage. My next project will be a Turbo, just not in either of my current cars, as I like them as they are. Usually this arguement ends up favoring whatever the poster has under their hood,,, Also, forget all of the above, listen to my brudha MikeNice, as he is not into self-promotion.

Last edited by onebadcad; 04-27-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned

i concur!!! what ever is under your hood (or trunk) is best!, i'm just being a douche'
no harm intended, i just cant help myself as i know some guys really get so anxt they run for the medicine cabinet to cope, and some how i find that hysterical.

please take most of what i say with a grain of whatever floats your boat.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Just FYI on my dirty math for the install of the maggie on my car:
4.0k for the blower
1.0k for a rebuild and modifications to the blower(and shipping)
1.4k for the install
0.6k for the tune.
0.4k for random crap that might come up
Total...
7.4k all said and done.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Just FYI on my dirty math for the install of the maggie on my car:
4.0k for the blower
1.0k for a rebuild and modifications to the blower(and shipping)
1.4k for the install
0.6k for the tune.
0.4k for random crap that might come up
Total...
7.4k all said and done.
you didnt state hp/tq gains...

i believe thats a bargin for FI if your willing to go that route.
now add headers a wide band, boost gauge, and install... the total
is duhnt duhnt duhhhhh... ruffly 10,400
for 100 hp to the wheels and no upgrade potential, meaning your system cant grow with future mods as it will run out of steam.

or you can go turbo and have enough in reserve to blow your shyt up as it sits, or forged. hmmmm ??????? what a mind scambler this turned out to be.

just as in a marrige you want your mate to grow with you, as you don't wanna get a divorce and end up back at moms house living in the basement, with all that was invested being wasted time, energy, and most importantly, MONEY.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Very good point but once you start it will never end unless you give yourself limits. My limit is my maggie. I didnt want the potential for more because I know I would have to try it at least once and blow some **** up! lol If you have endless pockets then by all means go for it. For me, I dont. Yeah I spent a **** load of money but thats all I had! lol I dont have more money to go dump into every other aspect to keep it reliable with more power. So being poor now is my attempt at being responsible lol
Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

psi, what about the required "reserve" for blown up differentials in the turbo breakdown....??
Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
psi, what about the required "reserve" for blown up differentials in the turbo breakdown....??
that's a 04-05 issue..something i don't know anything about. ;0)
p.s i will never race from a dig, and i'll only drop the hammer in 3rd.
rules to live by V owners. now, who wants to get spanked from a 40mph roll?
anyone? anyone?

raven i'm right there with you as far as car funds, the game is a stale mate as this bad econmy has put the kabash on all outward spending as my buisness in literally in half as of right now. no1 is spending money anymore. i have no "what if" money or pleasure funds, i'm living week to week for the first time in 22 years. no wonder stock brokers jump out windows. gw bush is the antichrist!
and obama is a idiot! raising taxes wont do dick for anyone. put the money back into the hands of the working class and all will rite itself just as it did in the great depression, and that only lasted a year. i need a pill. uhg! lol
Old 04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
you didnt state hp/tq gains...

i believe thats a bargin for FI if your willing to go that route.
now add headers a wide band, boost gauge, and install... the total
is duhnt duhnt duhhhhh... ruffly 10,400
for 100 hp to the wheels and no upgrade potential, meaning your system cant grow with future mods as it will run out of steam.

Right you are but your numbers are way off. WBo2 is 150 bucks, Boost is 50 bucks, headers would be 1200. Add 2 hours labor for the headers and its less then 9k all said and done.

Gains, I have none, its not installed
Stop making up numbers for the sake of making up numbers. Not saying your wrong, but your numbers are slightly blown out of proportion.

Never the less, headroom for a blower is..well, lacking. Which is where the turbo really shows itself.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
Right you are but your numbers are way off. WBo2 is 150 bucks, Boost is 50 bucks, headers would be 1200. Add 2 hours labor for the headers and its less then 9k all said and done.

Gains, I have none, its not installed
Stop making up numbers for the sake of making up numbers. Not saying your wrong, but your numbers are slightly blown out of proportion.

Never the less, headroom for a blower is..well, lacking. Which is where the turbo really shows itself.
Inovate wb02 is 300,(the cheapest) install is about 2 hrs labor at 95.00 per hr. (going rate in CT.)
a good boost gauge is 75,00 plus mounting cup or pod
1 hr install min.
headers 1200+ and install is atleast 4-6 hrs depending on who's fckn who.
tally that up and that's realistic real world cost. 2,2xx.00 + tune 3-550.00
then the 500.00 buttfck tally that always follows your bill form any shop
weather its tax or hazmat fee's or some crazy bs they deem fit.
i don't make this crap up, it is what it is...and most have no clue what they're getting themselves into. unless like me, you've been down that road a few times. ask onebad for his honest opinion on total cost and such.

Last edited by PsiHigh; 04-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

When the maggie runs out of breath a 50 shot would give her a second wind.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Headers are not required accessories for Maggie, you may leave 20-25RWHP without them. You can consider a cam also, as that will get you at least 25RWHP, depending on specs. The Maggie is at the low end of power range and price, but do not bash it until you have taken one for a ride.
Regarding cost of unit, I forgot to mention that the high PSI adders will necessitate a Madman rear to enjy their full potential, so again the Maggie costs much less in the long run.

Of course we can now start arguing that the V is not:
1) a drag racer
2) a very high HP car
3) reliable once sent to Mod Hell
4) etc...
,,, but looks like this thread still has some life in it.

and BTW, if you want a lot of power, at a fraction of the cost, go NOS, its way cheaper, and how often per week/month do any of us really need ***** against the wall HP, not as often as we brag about,,,
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

For me the maggie is as far as I'm willing to go with the V. If/when I want more power I won't waste money on trying to mod the V any further. I plan on buying a C6 Z06 and a Procharger system instead.

My costs are-

$5,700 for new magnacharger unit
$608 for the magnaflow exhaust
$0 installation charges

Now with 13,000 trouble free DD miles still on the stock 04 diff
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

I've said it before and i'll gladly say it again, if i wasn't the LOUIS & CLARK of the Turbo "V" World, i would have a Maggie on my car right now. but if i was like every one else, i wouldnt be playing sticky the dicky with Pochahontis as we speak.

YA~MEEEN!?

Quick Reply: WTB Maggie kit