Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just dropped off the V at Crest and got a rental!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just dropped off the V at Crest and got a rental!!!

Ok for those that didn’t know I got rear-ended on Fathers day while coming back from a pool party at a friend’s house! As of to day I just took it to Crest Cadillac and got an F-ing 08 Pontiac Grand Prix ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? It feels so cheap!! The peddle feels heavy, the Steering wheel feels plastic, the go peddle plays tricks on me by getting real loud when I push it but not going anywhere!!!! WTF???? Come on!!!! At least the company that does the rentals told me that I can take it back and switch it with a charger SXT when they come in tomorrow...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go post on the Pontiac GXP section of LS1Tech and pizz 'em off!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, last I went in I got an H3...what a pos...fun to beat the hell out of though....I like the DTS the most...factory remote start and being able to hit train tracks and not feel them is pretty dang cool.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

I was issued an 08 cts. My me jealous of the interier. Pretty peppy for a 6 also.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Damn dude, you just got it too.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Go post on the Pontiac GXP section of LS1Tech and pizz 'em off!!!
lol, I'd prolly get banned!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Teching In

That sucks, but at least you didn't get a Chevy Cobalt like I did when I had to replace the motor mount. At least it was under warranty.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Damn dude, you just got it too.
Holly crap dude! were u been at? Hows the C6 going? lol, I've had her for 1 month and then on fathers day get nailed by someone that I think had a few beers(not enough to get noticed by the law) and was in lala land dreamin about something while we were sittin at the light! I've never been at a light and just got nailed by someone that had been behind me for atleast 4 minutes.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by edk15
That sucks, but at least you didn't get a Chevy Cobalt like I did when I had to replace the motor mount. At least it was under warranty.
Dude I'd be pissed if they gave me a cobalt as my rental! I raised a lil hell and let the guy know that I better not get a kia as the rental... Few minutes later he came out with a real worried look on his face and told me that the only full sized car he has is a Grand Prix but he would give me his card and that I could call tomorow to see if his new batch of cars had come in.. He said he should have a Charger for me.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nikon
lol, last I went in I got an H3...what a pos...fun to beat the hell out of though....I like the DTS the most...factory remote start and being able to hit train tracks and not feel them is pretty dang cool.
I would have liked to get an H3 for name sake... I've never driven a DTS but I like more of a bumpy ride rather then a ride that feels like Im floating on air... They are nice however!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jerrad
I was issued an 08 cts. My me jealous of the interier. Pretty peppy for a 6 also.

I would rather take another CTS over a Charger! I've been spoiled and dont like anything less! Chargers are nice too but Dang this Grand Prix is a POS!!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i got an 06 malibu with coffee stains all over it when i took mine in for warranty work. the guy was like do you want a dts or srx and i was like hell yea dts. i handed him my license and he was like luxury cars can only be loaned to 25 years or older. i was like i can own one but cant get one loaned for a day.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Ok,
I just got word that total cost was a lil over $6,000 dollars for the damage that was done with the guy that rear-ended me! They also said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for me to get back! I'm pissed off!!! I plan on going back and switching out the rental too!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98
i got an 06 malibu with coffee stains all over it when i took mine in for warranty work. the guy was like do you want a dts or srx and i was like hell yea dts. i handed him my license and he was like luxury cars can only be loaned to 25 years or older. i was like i can own one but cant get one loaned for a day.
Dude thats messed up! I would have raised hell! Im really upset that my car may be in the shop for so long!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Ok,
I just got word that total cost was a lil over $6,000 dollars for the damage that was done with the guy that rear-ended me! They also said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for me to get back! I'm pissed off!!! I plan on going back and switching out the rental too!
$6K damage and 2-3 weeks wait seems like a helluva lot more than just a wee kiss in the ****. How fast was this dude going, did he even hit the brakes. Sounds like you need to call Dewey, Screwem and Howe, to start your lawsuit. I am sure that even though have yet to mention it, your neck and back must be killing ya.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

$6K damage and 2-3 weeks wait seems like a helluva lot more than just a wee kiss in the ****. How fast was this dude going, did he even hit the brakes. Sounds like you need to call Dewey, Screwem and Howe, to start your lawsuit. I am sure that even though have yet to mention it, your neck and back must be killing ya.
Lol, as much as I would love to get the extra cash I would feel like **** doing it! I would rather wait for the lotto

Speaking of Lotto my friends parents just hit 43,000,000 in Texas so he will be getting a nice lil check from the padres soon! Its kind of messed up too because his parents are already rich too
Old 06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Lol, as much as I would love to get the extra cash I would feel like **** doing it! I would rather wait for the lotto

Speaking of Lotto my friends parents just hit 43,000,000 in Texas so he will be getting a nice lil check from the padres soon! Its kind of messed up too because his parents are already rich too
If I got $43M, I would buy every V on the planet, put them in storage and sell one a year at auction for like $888,888,888 as it would have the rarity factor working for it.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

If I got $43M, I would buy every V on the planet, put them in storage and sell one a year at auction for like $888,888,888 as it would have the rarity factor working for it.
When I started reading it I thought you were going to say you'd buy every V a Madman rear. Wishful thinking I guess. lol
Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jerrad
When I started reading it I thought you were going to say you'd buy every V a Madman rear. Wishful thinking I guess. lol
Sorry onebad! I like jerrads idea better! seeing as to how unlucky I am this idea would work for me better
Old 06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

The good news is that my boy wanted to get a new STS-V once he gets his money but I talked him into getting a 09-10 CTS-V!!! Then I can get him to mod the hell out of that beast!!!!! Hmmm.... I will then race him and when I lose I will tell him that I would have done better with a MADMAN rear and an STS Twin Turbo kit! and then he will buy it for me (dreaming) so that we can have a fair race and I will live happily ever after at 12psi! THE END

Quick Reply: Just dropped off the V at Crest and got a rental!!!