Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

first time driving gen 1 CTS-V....disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I love this thread! This guy turbowhistle86 posted once on how the V drives bad and we all come to the rescue and put the V in its proper place.. on top! Cuz the V is different just likes its owners thats why they only made so few!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-CIOUS
Man I love this thread! This guy turbowhistle86 posted once on how the V drives bad and we all come to the rescue and put the V in its proper place.. on top! Cuz the V is different just likes its owners thats why they only made so few!
Hey next time I roll thru San Anton Im gonna hit you up to checkout the night life... We (my wife and I) would prolly be staying at the Palacio Del Rio on the River walk unless she decides that she wants to take a cuise from Galveston! lol
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

as far as the noisy drivetrain, make sure you are considering the operating temps of everything. once the tranny is at normal op temps, everything is as smooth as silk...

the first time i drove mine, it was jerky and not a lot of fun for my wife on the test drive. but by the time i got it home (2 hours), the V and i were 1. it shifts and drives very smooth for me now. its not the car, its the driver.....
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-CIOUS
you're right....you put me in my place I've said what I needed to say and simply stated my opinion, what else do I have to discuss? I thought I would like the car, I drove it, and I didn't like it.....end of story. No matter how many of you tell me that I just need more seat time, or I can't drive the car the way its supposed to be driven, or any other excuse....it won't change my mind, I will look for another car that is more to my liking.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
you're right....you put me in my place I've said what I needed to say and simply stated my opinion, what else do I have to discuss? I thought I would like the car, I drove it, and I didn't like it.....end of story. No matter how many of you tell me that I just need more seat time, or I can't drive the car the way its supposed to be driven, or any other excuse....it won't change my mind, I will look for another car that is more to my liking.
Im sure you can find a Charger R/T for a real good price! Those things are sooooooooo fast! I think it would be perfect for yout to! Its an Auto
Old 07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i cant blame you for not buying the car, im not willing to spend 25k to "try and learn how to drive the car". i found that it came easy once i drove it for 10 minutes. good luck, stick to the T-type, that auto is definetly the most fun I believe i have ever driven.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadcad
^^^Dude has a point, not too many people go bragging on Pontiac.
Anyone who buys a car because of what other people think is a tool.

If it makes you all feel any better, I prefer the look of the 1st Gen V to the G8.
But, buying a V with a time bomb for a rear just doesn't make any sense to me.
MAYBE if bolt in 9" independent rear suspensions can be done for $2,500 installed. But, I doubt it's gonna happen.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Its not a time bomb if you know how to drive the car. I have had no problems in the 32k miles I have driven mine. Most of those miles have been with cam, headers, and intake and in the past 5k, the maggie. And I dont drive soft. I can record all the black marks down my driveway and the county roads if need be lol. The point is, yes the rear has its downfalls. If you get into wheelhop get out of it. Pretty simple.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Hey next time I roll thru San Anton Im gonna hit you up to checkout the night life... We (my wife and I) would prolly be staying at the Palacio Del Rio on the River walk unless she decides that she wants to take a cuise from Galveston! lol
Yeah man just let know.. Im pretty much know whats goin down with the nite life in SA and which now nites are best for wutever. I went on a cruise from Galveston in Feb it was bad *** ya'll would really enjoy it..Go with Royal Carribean!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by raven154
Its not a time bomb if you know how to drive the car. I have had no problems in the 32k miles I have driven mine. Most of those miles have been with cam, headers, and intake and in the past 5k, the maggie. And I dont drive soft. I can record all the black marks down my driveway and the county roads if need be lol. The point is, yes the rear has its downfalls. If you get into wheelhop get out of it. Pretty simple.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

yup! thread title still pisses me off!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Teching In

^^^^Dudes almost mikesk!!!!
LOL! Im not quite as ghetto, but I try to be all cool and the gang at times for a laugh To the OP, i see you have made up your mind, but I was trying to convince you of the cool factor going on here (of the least importance to many), Pontiac's are dead, get a e39 m5 or something instead...the V is still the best option on value, looks and big pimpin factor. I rolled up to a KFC the other day and blew the entire staffs mind..holla!

In reality, I don't really care about the cool factor of a car as much as its performance and value. I'm truly amazed by the motor and the handling of this car, I still have no idea what she can truly do, and thats after 9 months of owing her, but man does this caddy make me feel cool, on so many levels. Miles of haters line up to laugh at the caddy owner, esp. Bimmer owners, until they get served!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stinkpalm
LOL! Im not quite as ghetto, but I try to be all cool and the gang at times for a laugh To the OP, i see you have made up your mind, but I was trying to convince you of the cool factor going on here (of the least importance to many), Pontiac's are dead, get a e39 m5 or something instead...the V is still the best option on value, looks and big pimpin factor. I rolled up to a KFC the other day and blew the entire staffs mind..holla!

In reality, I don't really care about the cool factor of a car as much as its performance and value. I'm truly amazed by the motor and the handling of this car, I still have no idea what she can truly do, and thats after 9 months of owing her, but man does this caddy make me feel cool, on so many levels. Miles of haters line up to laugh at the caddy owner, esp. Bimmer owners, until they get served!
Booya!!!! lol
Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 427C5
Anyone who buys a car because of what other people think is a tool.
Your comment is for over 50% of car buyers, which can be further substaniated by the amount of money people spend on bling vs. performance mods. I, personally, have a criteria which only serves me, but the general public is a very vain crowd. Also, I will argue the higher the price of the vehicle the higher the vanity factor, as I have seen tons of Lambos and Ferraris driven by people who appear never to have pushed them to their performance limits.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sure you can find a Charger R/T for a real good price! Those things are sooooooooo fast! I think it would be perfect for yout to! Its an Auto

wow....just wow....I guess you prove that Cadillacs aren't just for classy people anymore, even closed minded tools can buy them and try to convince people that they have the only desireable car ever produced. You're actually making Porsche owners look like well-mannered people.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

wow....just wow....I guess you prove that Cadillacs aren't just for classy people anymore, even closed minded tools can buy them and try to convince people that they have the only desireable car ever produced. You're actually making Porsche owners look like well-mannered people.

obviously this section on ls1tech isnt for you... you were quick to point out the flaws of the v(only flaws cause you dont no how to drive one yet)... now if i may, i must tell you about the first time i drove a GN... what a lousy riding, shitty handling squared off peice a ****! sure it went in a straight line ok but christ trying to turn into a driveway was like asking this car to reinvent itself... and on top of that, whats up with that annoying *** turbo whistle... who knew! dont even get me started on how primitive the 4th gen f body is! i dont miss mine a bit...

did that kinda chap your *** how i talked about your precious G, and f bodies?

the feelings mutual...

and porsche owners can eat my *****, were wayyy bigger ******** than them hands down!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by john_deere_ls6
obviously this section on ls1tech isnt for you... You were quick to point out the flaws of the v(only flaws cause you dont no how to drive one yet)... Now if i may, i must tell you about the first time i drove a gn... What a lousy riding, shitty handling squared off peice a ****! Sure it went in a straight line ok but christ trying to turn into a driveway was like asking this car to reinvent itself... And on top of that, whats up with that annoying *** turbo whistle... Who knew! Dont even get me started on how primitive the 4th gen f body is! I dont miss mine a bit...

Did that kinda chap your *** how i talked about your precious g, and f bodies?

The feelings mutual...

And porsche owners can eat my *****, were wayyy bigger ******** than them hands down!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JOHN_DEERE_LS6
obviously this section on ls1tech isnt for you... you were quick to point out the flaws of the v(only flaws cause you dont no how to drive one yet)... now if i may, i must tell you about the first time i drove a GN... what a lousy riding, shitty handling squared off peice a ****! sure it went in a straight line ok but christ trying to turn into a driveway was like asking this car to reinvent itself... and on top of that, whats up with that annoying *** turbo whistle... who knew! dont even get me started on how primitive the 4th gen f body is! i dont miss mine a bit...

did that kinda chap your *** how i talked about your precious G, and f bodies?

the feelings mutual...

and porsche owners can eat my *****, were wayyy bigger ******** than them hands down!

I could care less about what you think of my GN or Z28. You can't really compare a 23 year old GN to your precious V, that's quite the time span....but I can tell you this, my GN has made over 100 11 second passes on the bone stock rear end with slicks and a 12 PSI launch. Show me one V that has done that. Oh, and we're doing it with a stupid little V6. I hope to God I meet you and your Caddy at the track someday, I'll be the guy with the broom helping you sweep up the pieces of your diff.

Since you brought up the F-body being such a downgrade...I should hope it is. With a $30K price difference in MSRP I would think GM managed to give you something more than a mesh grille and some fancy suede seats.

I understand you guys are all pissed because I don't care for your car, I just think its hilarious that you'll spend the whole day trying to defend it and sell me on it. The V is not what I would choose to spend my money on....if you love yours, I'm happy for you. Now go out and give it a hug and tell it how special it really is.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

wow....just wow....I guess you prove that Cadillac's are just for classy people and not for trailer park trash like me, I'm such a D-bag that if I ever post on this forum again then I give EVERY V owner the right to hit me in the face with a tire iron! even closed minded tools can buy them but I'm not even considered to be in that class either! I understand that the V owners have the only desirable car ever produced in my eyes. You're so cool that it depresses me!!!!! I think I am going to go run my car into a wall at 125mph since that's as fast as it will go. Make sure to tell JOHN_DEERE_LS6 that I still love him

Wow... Just wow! I never new dude! I'll make sure to tell John for you! Oh and make sure that you don't turn out of it when you run into the wall for me please!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

I could care less about what you think of my GN or Z28. You can't really compare a 23 year old GN to your precious V, that's quite the time span....but I can tell you this, my GN has made over 100 11 second passes on the bone stock rear end with slicks and a 12 PSI launch. Show me one V that has done that. Oh, and we're doing it with a stupid little V6. I hope to God I meet you and your Caddy at the track someday,
I'll meet you at the track with my fat wallet but the track will be 2.3 miles, and filled with increasing and decreasing radius corners and maybe a bus stop, because this is the arena that a V was bred to dominate. No one cares how fast your car is in the quarter, its what happens at the end of the longest straightaway thats important.

Its unexplainable to be able to daily drive a car that is so capable as well as so luxurious and so terribly BADASS!!!

If money were no object I would daily drive an F40 because it is such a pure drivers car, so for now the V fills the bill.

You go drive whatever you fall in love with and I will keep on smiling in my V.

Last edited by CORNER CARVER; 07-07-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: first time driving gen 1 CTS-V....disappointed