Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tires!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's what 265's look like around 1 G's.
Old 07-21-2009 | 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BacDoc

yikes, i dont even want to know what my 245/45's would look like..

damm i realy wish i bought a lower profile and at least a 255
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure I'm excited about half my tire coming off the rim there.
Old 07-22-2009 | 10:03 AM
Launching!

What's with all the body roll? Nice car man.
Old 07-26-2009 | 03:43 PM
mlr
Staging Lane

Default nitto invo

has any one used or seen the nitto invo 265 35 18 i can pick some up for about $154.00
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:14 PM
Launching!

Plaid tires are p00p.
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:17 PM
Launching!

My buddy put the Invos on his GCSRT8 and loves them to death. Nice quite tires with great handling and performance. The fact that they look like sex doesn't hurt either.
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by onebadcad
The subjective comments are snoozeville, but the data posted makes you wonder if the PS2's pricing is justified. One thing I did learn, as with all of their products, stay away from the Chinese, as there is no assurance of minimum quality/performance levels. I was not impressed with how the Invos performed, as posters on corvetteforum.com led me to believe they were at par with the PS2s, which is obviously not the case.
Many tires feel hard core maybe because of a good turn-in. And the biggest issue in tires is that any new tire is going to feel better than an older one.

Look, I love my PS2s. But I have no problem admitting the the new Yoko Neovas or the RE-11s or even the new Ecsta XS is going to be more *****-to-the-wall in max dry grip. There's no doubt, just look at the tread compounds and the uber-aggressive tread patterns. Heck, some have barely any tread patterns. It's almost all rubber.

However, the PS2 has an excellent tread compound that gives you a lot of good, dry grip. It's excellent in the wet. But the amount of experience Michelin has gained in Formula 1 with small wheels and huge sidewalls has really benefited their street tires. The grip and steering feel in the PS2s are very progressive. I know exactly what my tires are doing at all times, right up to the very limits. And while I don't get the ride on rails "right now!" turn-in of the F1 Supercars, it is still quick and deliberate and always in control.

It's just a phenomenal tire, well worth the price to me.
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by madmaro00
My buddy put the Invos on his GCSRT8 and loves them to death. Nice quite tires with great handling and performance. The fact that they look like sex doesn't hurt either.
They look like plaid. Is your friend Scottish? As for handling and performance, he did buy a boat so I guess they would feel great...
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
Many tires feel hard core maybe because of a good turn-in. And the biggest issue in tires is that any new tire is going to feel better than an older one.

Look, I love my PS2s. But I have no problem admitting the the new Yoko Neovas or the RE-11s or even the new Ecsta XS is going to be more *****-to-the-wall in max dry grip. There's no doubt, just look at the tread compounds and the uber-aggressive tread patterns. Heck, some have barely any tread patterns. It's almost all rubber.

However, the PS2 has an excellent tread compound that gives you a lot of good, dry grip. It's excellent in the wet. But the amount of experience Michelin has gained in Formula 1 with small wheels and huge sidewalls has really benefited their street tires. The grip and steering feel in the PS2s are very progressive. I know exactly what my tires are doing at all times, right up to the very limits. And while I don't get the ride on rails "right now!" turn-in of the F1 Supercars, it is still quick and deliberate and always in control.

It's just a phenomenal tire, well worth the price to me.

I am on my second set of PS2s on my V, had on set on my C6, no complaints in wet or dry, do not autocross or track, and I think I got close to 15K in miles on all sets. One thing I have noticed about the Invos vs. the PS2s, is that the Michelins are quieter when out of the highway crusing at 70-80mph. I do think the 'Rags' are very subjective in their testing, but I do think they present alternatives that the budget-minded can go with. Ultimately, when picking my next set of tires will be mostly dictated by how much cash in my wallet, and the runflat PS2s will be my first choice if I am having a good month.
Old 07-27-2009 | 08:54 PM
mlr
Staging Lane

how about the nitto nto5 they i think come in a 265 35 18 any one use these
Old 07-27-2009 | 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

I finally got around to reading all these postings. Thanks a TON for all the comments...

After making a few calls, I went to discount tire and got me Goodyear Eagle GTs 255/40s on stock rims (http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=TNEINT&cs=255).

I talked the service manager to get me out the door for $800. I am not planning on tracking it or anything (just daily driver) for a few months. These have been pretty quiet compared to my BFG G-Force KDWs.

I'll let you guys know how they do next time I rip 'em up on my way home...

In the mean time, what do you think?
Old 07-28-2009 | 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jerrycecco
I'm running Mich PS2 265 all around after I talked with Lindsey Caddy service manager - who did the same....

--Jerry
265/40's I take it??
Old 07-28-2009 | 04:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

sorry but that tire looks like it belongs on a buick roadmaster not a high performance cadillac, there are way more options then that imo but good luck.................not to mention did you see the reviews on discount tire? cars reviewed were scions, jettas, beetles, civics, acura, saab. hope it works out for ya.
Old 07-28-2009 | 05:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by amfmlittle
I finally got around to reading all these postings. Thanks a TON for all the comments...

After making a few calls, I went to discount tire and got me Goodyear Eagle GTs 255/40s on stock rims (http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=TNEINT&cs=255).

I talked the service manager to get me out the door for $800. I am not planning on tracking it or anything (just daily driver) for a few months. These have been pretty quiet compared to my BFG G-Force KDWs.

I'll let you guys know how they do next time I rip 'em up on my way home...

In the mean time, what do you think?

For the money theres alot of better tires you could get. But good luck let us know how u make out.
Old 08-01-2009 | 02:27 AM
On The Tree

265/40-18's on stock wheels all 4 corners for me with no issues except that the speedo is off by a few mph at freeway speed since this setup is shorter than the stock 245/45-18's
Old 11-16-2009 | 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

So will 275-40-18's rub on the front?
Old 11-16-2009 | 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BacDoc

Don't the sidewalls bulge out quite a bit with 265s on an 8.5" wheel? Did turn in feel soft, delayed or spongy? Would you say you're experiencing more maximum grip than with the 245s? Wider tires on too narrow a wheel does not always mean improved grip on a road course, that's why I ask.
Old 11-17-2009 | 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They don't bulge much really. They give a nice wide look IMO. As for the feel I can only compare them to the run flats that were on the car when I bought it. Those are the BFG KD's at 28lbs psi and they work great. Just not in the rain or cold.
Old 11-17-2009 | 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Wider tires on too narrow a wheel does not always mean improved grip on a road course, that's why I ask.
Exactly. Go to the Tire Rack website, do a search on the particular tire size and brand, then look at the specs. The maximum/minimum rim widths are shown.

For road course or autocross use, you should be at the least, more than halfway through the rim size parameters. At the best, closer to the maximum width. Any less and the carcass will feel dead and rubbery...you'll lose a lot of response.

Here are 275/40 PS2s on the rear (stock rims w/1" added to inside and a 5mm spacer) showing a stock appearing relationship between the sidewall and the rim:
Attached Thumbnails Tires!-mvc-004f.jpg   Tires!-mvc-005f.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tires!