Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

C6 to a V?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The performance and handling aren't on the same playing field as the vette, but the biggest thing you will miss is the looks.

The cadi just isn't as visually stunning as the vette. One of the reasons I sold my V to get back into a vette.....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

^ The people who do know what the V is drool all over it..but most people just think its just another CTS and you dont get looked at very often (which is kinda nice IMO).
Old 08-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Don't get me wrong as I am a long time lover of Vette's but they scream "look at me" too much & are too common of a vehicle for me. The practicality, sleeper look, and the admiration of people that actually know what a V is makes it all worth while for me. But that's why there are hundreds of models of cars out there, find out what suits you and enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Now that was a deal, and an even better one if it was black/black!

I was looking for a black/beige but this one is a red/beige. The color is absolutely stunning in the daylight and the deal was way too good to pass up.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Talking CTS-V vs C-6

Well I am a lucky person, I have both a 05 Monty Red C-6 and an 09 Thunder Gray CTS-V. In the real world go with the V it is a whole new ballgame. I love my Vette but this V is somthing else and with a family 4 doors is a must.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Launching!

I went from a '06 C6 Z51 to an '07 CTS-V and I love the car. Back seats for friends and family if they visit and the dog likes it too. Much more comfortable seats on long drives and actually feel better around hard corners as the C6 leather was slick. Not a C6 though but I just drive my FRC if I want that. No regrets. Paid $26.5 with the trade.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as for the muffler delete type in allens ctsv in youtube and watch my car run down the track. muffler delete only and love it, perfect mix of loud and quiet. not much drone if any and sounds great at wot.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
as for the muffler delete type in allens ctsv in youtube and watch my car run down the track. muffler delete only and love it, perfect mix of loud and quiet. not much drone if any and sounds great at wot.
So no droning deep in your ear canals while driving? I've had cars that would just hit that certain spot and rattle your ear drums at cruise. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Congrats on your purchase, I forgot to mention that! I wanted something other than black but Mine was a good deal too and the mileage was around 26,xxx. No mods yet.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by apexman
Congrats on your purchase, I forgot to mention that! I wanted something other than black but Mine was a good deal too and the mileage was around 26,xxx. No mods yet.
I agree with what you said in your previous post about the slick seats. My 05 was a Z51 as well and even though they looked better, the seats in the vette didn't quite hold you like the suede in the V does. You're practically velcroed in with the V .

Sounds like a great deal on your car! There are a lot of good deals in TX and out West of me, it seems. Cars seem to go for top dollar in the NY/NJ/PA area, but a trip at this point to go get another car just wasn't feasible. Either way though, I'm happy with $24k. A friend pulled the auction report on similar mileage 05 V's for me and he said they are about $21.5k through the auction, plus a bit of a premium since it is a FL car and SPOTLESS underneath, unlike our northern cars. So I did pretty well for a retail sale, I think.
Joe
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

I sold my 03Cobra for the V. Having 3 little kids it was a no brainer. Never been happier!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Thunder Gray
Well I am a lucky person, I have both a 05 Monty Red C-6 and an 09 Thunder Gray CTS-V. In the real world go with the V it is a whole new ballgame. I love my Vette but this V is somthing else and with a family 4 doors is a must.
V2 in Thunder Gray is a winner over everything, 'cept a ZR1. Of course it gets even nice with a M6 and Recaros.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I went from an '05 VY F55 to an '05 LS6 V. I wasn't putting miles on the vette, and have an old truck (and of course paid for) that I was using for my DD. I thought that was pretty silly - making payments on something I wasn't driving frequently (seems every time I went out it was with more than just me and one other person). So I decided to make the switch to something I would use.

Now I use the V as a DD except when I go to job sites a couple times a week. I love the V. It is a unique car that delivers in every way I would want it to. It's no C6, but it's no geo either.

My perfect world would be (auto-wise): Truck (or SUV), CTS-V, and C6 ZO6.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Before the V, I was riding my motorcycle to work almost every day of the week...I've had the V for a month and have only ridden once and that was on a Sunday afternoon with my father-in-law. I've put almost 2k miles on it already.

I love the V. It is a unique car that delivers in every way I would want it to.
I agree 100000000%
Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tylerz28ss
I went from an '05 VY F55 to an '05 LS6 V. I wasn't putting miles on the vette, and have an old truck (and of course paid for) that I was using for my DD. I thought that was pretty silly - making payments on something I wasn't driving frequently (seems every time I went out it was with more than just me and one other person). So I decided to make the switch to something I would use.

Now I use the V as a DD except when I go to job sites a couple times a week. I love the V. It is a unique car that delivers in every way I would want it to. It's no C6, but it's no geo either.

My perfect world would be (auto-wise): Truck (or SUV), CTS-V, and C6 ZO6.
Sounds like my situation. With the baby, my wife and I rarely get time to go out alone so the vette just sat and sat, and sat some more . I bought the Grand Cherokee in October and put 15k on it already where the vette got MAYBE 300-400 miles put on it. Heck, I've already put almost 1000 on the V in less than one week (I live in a rural area, so driving is a must).
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

kwiksilvers home life...

BWAHAHAHA!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THats a banning ... wow I cant believe that even lasted an hour LOL

I laughed for a while though
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLOWMEY
kwiksilvers home life...

BWAHAHAHA!!!
You know, you must really like my since you haven't been off of it since I've been here.. You know, it's ok though, you are the one with the problem. You have quite the life coming here, insulting everyone and getting banned just for fun... Mommy and daddy (whoever he may be) must be very proud of you. I mean, surviving the attempted home abortion and making it all this far with a coat hangar sticking out of your head and all.. I'm envious, seriously. I mean it.

... I'll take my life, wife, son, house, toys, etc. any day of the week over your pathetic existence.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz
Those are all my thoughts as well. The Vette does have a hell of a look to it just sitting at a light that I won't have with the V though . I was all ready to go and do this today, but when I woke up I had cold feet. Tough decision for me! If I had the $$$, I'd have both lol.
Yeah, if I had the money I would have both also.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats on the purchase. We picked up an 05 with 5,000 miles on it a year ago with 100K warranty and dealer installed corsa and the gm option wheels for $27K. It is red with black interior. It mostly sits but I wouldn't trade it for a vette....EVER. I daily drive my silverado SS now since I sold the stang but hopefully soon I can pick up a FRC for daily ragging.