Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

looking to trade 05 v for 09 v or 2006+ z06.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking to trade 05 v for 09 v or 2006+ z06.

Hi guys, i Currently own a 2005 cts-v. I've had the car for almost a year and love almost everything about it. I was planning on modding to about 400 hp to the wheels. The only thing that i hate about the car is the wheels hop. I know the absoute fix for the rear end is the 5k plus rear end swap which i do not want to do on top of the clutch, headers and cam mods i'm looking closer to 8 grand and up.

After searching i could find z06's and the new v's in the same price range. I was wondering do the new v's suffer from any major problems similar to the old v's rear end problems. Any help will be appreciated thanks.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redctsv
Hi guys, i Currently own a 2005 cts-v. I've had the car for almost a year and love almost everything about it. I was planning on modding to about 400 hp to the wheels. The only thing that i hate about the car is the wheels hop. I know the absoute fix for the rear end is the 5k plus rear end swap which i do not want to do on top of the clutch, headers and cam mods i'm looking closer to 8 grand and up.

After searching i could find z06's and the new v's in the same price range. I was wondering do the new v's suffer from any major problems similar to the old v's rear end problems. Any help will be appreciated thanks.
No problem with diffs or axle hop on 09Vs. GM fixed the problem with different sized L&R axles (I'm over-simplifying the actual fix they did).
Hendrix Engineering axles seem to be the fix for the wheel hop problem on the 1st gen Vs.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Are you over on the cadillac forums? The wheel hop issue has pretty much been solved with new rear axles. There are 2 companies making a rear axle now that should be pretty cheap. They haven't been out long enough to see if it will also put an end to the grenading diffs, but at least they cure wheel hop.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just went through this decision:

CTSV = FAST
C6 Z06 = F'CKN FAST

I went the F'CNK FAST.

Drive them both and do a little write up for us!

-Adam
Old 08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
I just went through this decision:

CTSV = FAST
C6 Z06 = F'CKN FAST

I went the F'CNK FAST.

Drive them both and do a little write up for us!

-Adam
Do you mind giving me a quick pros and cons of both since you were just in the same dilemma i was in?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smoothmarine187
Are you over on the cadillac forums? The wheel hop issue has pretty much been solved with new rear axles. There are 2 companies making a rear axle now that should be pretty cheap. They haven't been out long enough to see if it will also put an end to the grenading diffs, but at least they cure wheel hop.
who else makes them besides hendrix ??

gforce hasnt released them i thought ?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Do you mind giving me a quick pros and cons of both since you were just in the same dilemma i was in?
Pros: both ***** to the walls power

Cons: 09 cts v 4000+lbs family sedan
c6 - 2 door, little room

at least thats the way I look at it
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wat color is your ctsv?