Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Texas Speed New Project Vehicle: '09 CTS-V Manual!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Texas Speed New Project Vehicle: '09 CTS-V Manual!

We just "acquired" a new '09 CTS-V manual! It rolled out of the enclosed trailer just before lunch, but unfortunately, the weather was not that great. So, I haven't gotten a ton of seat time. What I can tell you is that it really may be the best GM vehicle ever produced! She will be on the dyno next week for a baseline, as well as dyno tune. From that point, I'm sure she'll end up with an induction, long tube headers, and a larger balancer pulley. 550+ RWHP should be a good start.

We'll put some pics up of her on the dyno next week!

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Banned

Nice, post up some pics and vids bros
Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Double sweet!!! BTW, I will presume you have not driven a C6Z, which is GM's greatest offering ever----JFWY.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Congrats Trevor and TSP Keep us posted I drove my friend's 530rwhp 09 V The car pulls really hard and drive like luxury car for sure...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Double sweet!!! BTW, I will presume you have not driven a C6Z, which is GM's greatest offering ever----JFWY.
I disagree. I currently own both an '09 Z06 and an '09 CTS-V and after having driven them both I'd say the V is actually a better overall car. Handling and braking with this 4-door are amazing. Sure, it isn't as fast as the Z06 (yet) but the interior, features, and build quality seem better in the Cadillac.

Now, a ZR1 might be better, but the interior on the C6 will still suck in comparison to a Recaro/Suede CTS-V interior.

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 12-10-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I disagree. I currently own both an '09 Z06 and an '09 CTS-V and after having driven them both I'd say the V is actually a better overall car. Handling and braking with this 4-door are amazing. Sure, it isn't as fast as the Z06 (yet) but the interior, features, and build quality seem better in the Cadillac.

Now, a ZR1 might be better, but the interior on the C6 will still suck in comparison to a Recaro/Suede CTS-V interior.
Good points, but I am a skeptic, so someone with a V2 needs to let me borrow their ride for a few days to convince me.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Tony I thought you had the reguler CTS?? Congrats on the new car so what's the color and plans for this beast??
I can't wait to see the new wheels for this one
and I Totally agree I drove both and they're totally diffrent cars the V interior is awesome and drive so smooth too GM did a great job..
ZO6 is also a great car no question about it but I really hate that C6/C6 ZO6 and C6 ZR1 all have the same interior and same seats.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya, he mean't ZR1!

But I understand what your saying about the Caddie vs GM.

Go CTS-V!!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Ya, he mean't ZR1!

But I understand what your saying about the Caddie vs GM.

Go CTS-V!!!!!
CTS-Vs are for *******, I am trading mine for a Hyundai this weekend. This thing is sweet, wall-to-wall (or door-to-door?) plastic and a warranty for like a bizillion miles. Payment is like $2.59/month.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

CTS-Vs are for *******, I am trading mine for a Hyundai this weekend. This thing is sweet, wall-to-wall (or door-to-door?) plastic and a warranty for like a bizillion miles. Payment is like $2.59/month.

You seriously need to drive the V2 bro. I know I have told you a million times it's wicked, you need to see for yourself. I would have to say, it's not only the most refined GM vehicle that I have ever driven and seen, i'd feel confident to say, it's one of the best cars I have ever driven(from porsche's to maybach's to benz's bimmers, ferrari's whatever) in my entire life. Truly amazing ride. If I hit the lotto tomorrow, everyone in my family would own at least one per household.

Fun car. Amazing car. Unbelievably fast car. Oh yeah, it has 4 doors. Drive one, you'll buy one.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

cts-vs are for *******, i am trading mine for a hyundai this weekend. This thing is sweet, wall-to-wall (or door-to-door?) plastic and a warranty for like a bizillion miles. Payment is like $2.59/month.
lmao ! ! !
Old 12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
You seriously need to drive the V2 bro. I know I have told you a million times it's wicked, you need to see for yourself. I would have to say, it's not only the most refined GM vehicle that I have ever driven and seen, i'd feel confident to say, it's one of the best cars I have ever driven(from porsche's to maybach's to benz's bimmers, ferrari's whatever) in my entire life. Truly amazing ride. If I hit the lotto tomorrow, everyone in my family would own at least one per household.

Fun car. Amazing car. Unbelievably fast car. Oh yeah, it has 4 doors. Drive one, you'll buy one.
I intend to as soon as I can.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

We have a C6 Z06, so yes, I've driven one. It's two totally different vehicles, but the CTS-V is a better overall vehicle IMO. The Z06 is built to do one thing well, and the CTS-V does MANY things well. It's all a matter of preference, but I prefer the CTS-V.

I'll get some pics this weekend when I'm home from the PRI Show, and we'll also have a video up of the V on the dyno.

Trevor
Old 12-12-2009, 07:39 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Tony I thought you had the reguler CTS?? Congrats on the new car so what's the color and plans for this beast??
I can't wait to see the new wheels for this one
I had an '08 CTS, but it is gone. Bought a new '09 CTS-V last week. It is gray, auto trans, black interior. If it would ever stop raining, I'd take some photos.

I still have the 20" split-7 wheels from the previous CTS. I'll roll around on those until I figure something else out.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL. Eventually you'll get a chance to lite the tires up. I'll more than likely end up driving out to your shop to meet and great. Hopefully I'll resist the temptation to mod this car. I still haven't finished the Camaro.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed New Project Vehicle: '09 CTS-V Manual!