Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Found a new V need some help and parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found a new V need some help and parts

Well i found a used 04 CTS-V, only option it doesnt have that i can tell is a sunroof. I really wanted one with a roof but oh well, if the price is right. Car has right at 127,000 miles on it, which is WAY high but Ive already got a built 402, LS7 clutch, and other mods to go into it so that isn't the biggest deal to me.

Issues are it needs the cup holder insert, and desperately needs a new radio, the buttons are all white and UGLY as hell. Does anybody know where i could buy those without letter the stealership screw me over? Also the center armrest and bent down and touching the console, mine did the same thing when i owned it, i guess that just happens over time?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ebay had quite a few parts off a parted V in Bristol PA, the cupholder insert was on there, a black center console, i just hope a V with that many miles doesnt need a lot of work. ALl the rubber bushings have probably taken a beating over that many miles. Do us alla favor and see if its on the original rear lmao.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

I looked on Ebay and the radio assembly was going for around $600. I'll find a better local solution for that much honestly. Im putting the car on the lift at Quality Motorsports in Lewisville in the next few days just to see whats really going on with it.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Radio Buttons are easy to replace, check Cadillacfaq.com for the how-to. Also call Cleveland pick apart for any interior stuff you need. They will have it all and tell them you are a cadillacforums member and they will hook you up. I would get a CTS center console if possible instead of the POS CTS-V one. It is much more comfortable and has more storage.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
Radio Buttons are easy to replace, check Cadillacfaq.com for the how-to. Also call Cleveland pick apart for any interior stuff you need. They will have it all and tell them you are a cadillacforums member and they will hook you up. I would get a CTS center console if possible instead of the POS CTS-V one. It is much more comfortable and has more storage.
ok awesome, thanks for the help man. Looking forward to putting this thing on a lift and really going through it. Hopefully ill be back in the CTS-V game soon.

Do you have the contact info for Cleveland pick apart by any chance?

Oh another question. While i was on the test drive i could click the TC button and disable the TC but if i remember correct it still works in that mode. I held the button down for 10 seconds and it didn't full disable it, am i mistaken or could i do this on my old caddy?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

The NAV just needs to be told its a V most likely. When the dealer replace the NAV they just pop it in and most dont even think to change the controls over for the V.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Wink

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
Well i found a used 04 CTS-V, only option it doesnt have that i can tell is a sunroof. I really wanted one with a roof but oh well, if the price is right. Car has right at 127,000 miles on it, which is WAY high but Ive already got a built 402, LS7 clutch, and other mods to go into it so that isn't the biggest deal to me.

Issues are it needs the cup holder insert, and desperately needs a new radio, the buttons are all white and UGLY as hell. Does anybody know where i could buy those without letter the stealership screw me over? Also the center armrest and bent down and touching the console, mine did the same thing when i owned it, i guess that just happens over time?
I would not buy the car at all....
.....then sell me the motor...lol...

--Jerry
Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome back into the game
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

If you want Nav buttons w/o the letters, why not just paint the white ones you have now black?

If your interior is gray, I have a standard CTS center armrest I might be willing to sell. It's new and in perfect condition. I was going to use it myself, but I tapped in some extra power outlets in the bottom portion of my console and the standard CTS armrest (which much bigger) bottom hits them , which won't allow the rest to go all the way down. So, I put the slim V armrest back on.

Cleveland-Pick-A-Part - http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/ - I've purchased from them in the past and have had good dealings with them.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 on Cleveland pick a part!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
Oh another question. While i was on the test drive i could click the TC button and disable the TC but if i remember correct it still works in that mode. I held the button down for 10 seconds and it didn't full disable it, am i mistaken or could i do this on my old caddy?
There is another TC button in the glove compartment...thats the one you hold down for 7 seconds.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
There is another TC button in the glove compartment...thats the one you hold down for 7 seconds.
If the NAV is programed correctly then you can use the steering wheel controls to disable everything as well.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by egypt123
If you want Nav buttons w/o the letters, why not just paint the white ones you have now black?

If your interior is gray, I have a standard CTS center armrest I might be willing to sell. It's new and in perfect condition. I was going to use it myself, but I tapped in some extra power outlets in the bottom portion of my console and the standard CTS armrest (which much bigger) bottom hits them , which won't allow the rest to go all the way down. So, I put the slim V armrest back on.

Cleveland-Pick-A-Part - http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/ - I've purchased from them in the past and have had good dealings with them.
Could you send me some pics? Slobra01@gmail.com And the nav buttons are faded, i just want to replace them with stock ones so it doesnt look terrible

ok cool i didnt know that

Originally Posted by raven154
If the NAV is programed correctly then you can use the steering wheel controls to disable everything as well.
This is how i did it in my last one
Old 01-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Make sure all the tire sensors are working. If it doesn't read good pressure in all the tires it won't go into competitive mode.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by raven154
Mine and everyone else I've met with a V are programmed wrong then..lol. Why else would they put a second, hidden button? I wonder if its a year thing or just random.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine and everyone else I've met with a V are programmed wrong then..lol. Why else would they put a second, hidden button? I wonder if its a year thing or just random.
Yours is indeed programmed incorrectly. The issue is the dealerships do not know what they are doing when they do NAV replacements under warranty. It is a simple command in the Tech II to program it as a cts-v (with competitive driving mode) as opposed as a regular cts.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Yep, I can disable everything right from the steering wheel.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can set the 1,2,3,4 buttons to control anything from TCS to Audio Controls or heat.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SkullV
Yours is indeed programmed incorrectly. The issue is the dealerships do not know what they are doing when they do NAV replacements under warranty. It is a simple command in the Tech II to program it as a cts-v (with competitive driving mode) as opposed as a regular cts.
<hijack>I thought the only thing replaced on my car was the rear at 11k miles, but its been a while since I looked it up. If that is the case, what else is affected when they program it wrong? I know several others who have to do it this way as well.</hijack>
Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

<hijack>I thought the only thing replaced on my car was the rear at 11k miles, but its been a while since I looked it up. If that is the case, what else is affected when they program it wrong? I know several others who have to do it this way as well.</hijack>
Nothing else is effected. There is a TSB about programming it correctly but apparently many dealers neglect to check the TSBs when doing the service.

Quick Reply: Found a new V need some help and parts